How do they verify your hotel stay for early entry?

That's what I'd like to know. We will be going with my DH, my mom and dad, and 4 siblings. 2 rooms but 7 room keys seems like a lot

Yes, they will print 7 keys, each with a different name. Charging can vary per key (my kids are adults--we had 7 in our room last trip, but only mine and my partners could charge to the room). We needed to each have our key every time. (Edit: Almost sure this is true for hotel rooms; we were in a dvc room)

the way it has worked recently is they give you room keys at check in, and message you room number when ready, so you can check in early and get your keys for ee , as far as I know

I’ve always had to show all the keys. Sometimes they don’t check all the names and count the number of cards instead but sometimes the would even match all the kids with tickets and cards.

Wait so i have to bring four room keys with me? Do they even give you four room keys?
Yes, you will get a room key for every guest with their name on it. In my experience during EMH they just looked at my room key and let the kids and my wife through with me, but we made sure we had all four.

Wait so i have to bring four room keys with me? Do they even give you four room keys?

Yep and yep.

the way it has worked recently is they give you room keys at check in, and message you room number when ready, so you can check in early and get your keys for ee , as far as I know

Except for the messaging (they called) that’s how it was even during our first stay at PPH back in 2007. :)

I’m going in December. Checking into DLH on a Sunday and checking out Wednesday. Does anyone know if we can still take advantage of EE for DCA Wednesday even though we are checking out that day?

I’m going in December. Checking into DLH on a Sunday and checking out Wednesday. Does anyone know if we can still take advantage of EE for DCA Wednesday even though we are checking out that day?
Yes, you can. We do this every trip. We check our bags with bell services and head for early entry.

Not to turn this into a zombie thread, but does a child under the age of 3 (thus not requiring a ticket to DL and DCA) need a hotel room key to access EMH?

Not to turn this into a zombie thread, but does a child under the age of 3 (thus not requiring a ticket to DL and DCA) need a hotel room key to access EMH?
I wouldn't think so.

Funny story, when we went in July, they asked to see my granddaughter's key (she is 6.) She was scared when she didn't have it. I had her key, and life went on, until later when we were reentering later, and she whips out a key from her pocket. She wasn't about to be evicted from DL. She had picked one up off the counter in the room when we went back. She now always carries a key in her pocket. Even if we aren't doing EMH...

We arrive early tomorrow morning. If we check in bright and early, can we go to EMH? I assume we would not yet have a room key. Thank you!

We arrive early tomorrow morning. If we check in bright and early, can we go to EMH? I assume we would not yet have a room key. Thank you!
When you check in you are given room keys, not necessarily the number but you will get room keys.
Then you can head off to EE. You'll be texted the rm# when your room is available.

Enjoy

When you check in you are given room keys, not necessarily the number but you will get room keys.
Then you can head off to EE. You'll be texted the rm# when your room is available.

Enjoy
Thank you! I really appreciate it.

We arrived at 5 am. Our room was not ready, but we had family already staying there so put our bags in their rooms. We were given keys and headed off to EE at 7. Super awesome.

I doubt it. Seems silly to carry a room key around for a 3year old
Since under 3 doesn't need a pass, I doubt they need a room key. But a 3yo with a ticket needs a room key. Usually one of us adults had carried the littles keys. But Granddaughter (6) prefers to carry her own.

Since under 3 doesn't need a pass, I doubt they need a room key. But a 3yo with a ticket needs a room key. Usually one of us adults had carried the littles keys. But Granddaughter (6) prefers to carry her own.
Yes this. After I posted I realized my son was 3 when he needed his key for EE.

OK thanks @LTiffany @Malcon10t @Tinkerbell19672. I just Disneyland's website to see what it said (perhaps I should have done this first!) and it says:

"Both Extra Magic Hours are valid for registered Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests (ages 3 and older) who have a valid theme park ticket and active hotel room key card."​

So it doesn't seem to me that a child under 3 would need a room key to access EMH. Appreciate all the input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter