How do I check the car seat when flying?

MrsJ Henry

DIS Veteran
I need to know what i do to check a car seat. Do I have to get a bag to put it in? If so what kind of bags are there for this? We are flying Jet Blue.
thanks

I think most of the airlines have a clear trash bag type thing they will put them in. We used to have a car seat bag with a zipper and a carry strap that we used. I think it may have come from Babies R Us

We got a bag at babies r us as well. It actually can be used as a backpack which was nice as it freed the hands to chase the kiddo :rotfl2:

I've seen car seats gate checked all the time with no bag at all. It is totally up to you if you want to put it in a bag. All a bag is going to do is keep it from getting dirty. Unless your LO is traveling as a lap baby, then take the car seat on board and use it. Safer for her and the car seat. :)

Yep, If you child has a seat take your carseat on board! Its much safer.

If they dont then gate check it you dont really need a bag unless you prefer one.

If they dont then gate check it you dont really need a bag unless you prefer one.
Only airline approved seats may be taken into the cabin. Check to make sure yours has the sticker because they will check.

I would definitely gate check it. What if it didn't get loaded or lost on a connection. Then you'd be stuck at the airport without a car seat. Not a very magical way to start your trip!

I would definitely gate check it. What if it didn't get loaded or lost on a connection. Then you'd be stuck at the airport without a car seat. Not a very magical way to start your trip!
We have a direct flight. But you are right, probably still better to gate check it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter