How did you celebrate your last birthday?

My birthday usually falls right into my kids spring break, at the end of a cold, long MN winter. So, for the last.... however many years...all I ask is that we go to the Conservatory at our local zoo so I can sit in the heat/humidity under the palm trees for a while.

We usually do a lunch, too, but it's not a requirement. I just want the heat and humidity.

Plus, the Conservatory is free 👍

My 82nd birthday was today (well actually it's over now since it was on 10/20) DH had to work so it was very quiet. We will try and make it up to Traverse City sometime next week. Hopefully the trees will still be putting on a show. DH got carryout from a favorite Korean Chicken place here in Clawson. So good. And we had made our favorite angel food cupcakes for dessert. Got to talk to all four of our children, the grands all checked in from around the country and the great-granddaughter texted me when she got home from school and work tonight. It was a good day!
That sounds like a great day! Nice to find a birthday Dis twin 🥳

We happened to be in upstate NY at the time. We started the day sampling the mineral waters at Saratoga Spa State Park, then dinner in Lake George, with a root beer float at a Stewart's Root Beer stand in between!

Sunday is my birthday so we will be dancing and singing our lungs out at Taylor Swift's Eras Tour movie. How did you all celebrate your last birthday?

My 82nd birthday was today (well actually it's over now since it was on 10/20) DH had to work so it was very quiet. We will try and make it up to Traverse City sometime next week. Hopefully the trees will still be putting on a show. DH got carryout from a favorite Korean Chicken place here in Clawson. So good. And we had made our favorite angel food cupcakes for dessert. Got to talk to all four of our children, the grands all checked in from around the country and the great-granddaughter texted me when she got home from school and work tonight. It was a good day!

That sounds like a great day! Nice to find a birthday Dis twin 🥳

Just finished a great dinner with nice wine and am about to have a slice of homemade cake - it’s been a great day!
Birthday wishes for you all!

dinner with our old neighbors
How old are they, Nene? :duck:

Spent a day at Greenfield Village and another day at the Henry Ford Museum.
Those 2 are great. Marie and I went to both many years ago. Had a wonderful experience. Greenfield Village is so unique.

Went to Texas Roadhouse with family members. I asked Dh not to say it was my birthday. I like things very low key. Of course he says it loudly more than once to the server. I just cried and was happy when the dinner was over. Somehow he always manages to ruin everything. After all the years I should be used to this lol. We had cake at home.
Could be worse. You could have been one of the singing wait staff.

Frankenmuth is on my bucket list. It just looks so picturesque especially the Christmas time pics I’ve seen.
Bavarian Inn has decent chicken (use their special seasoning) but the whole town is fun. Even Bronners which is garish as all heck...have fun in Michigan's little Bavaria!

This right here.

BTW, Red Angie, I'm not a stalker, but I hadn't seen any posts from you in a while. So I searched for you earlier today and realized you had been posting all along. 😆
I probably don’t post as often as I used to, but I’m here practically every day.

Happy Birthday, @Lord Manhammer! Sounds like a good plan for tomorrow. Hopefully you’ll have a good audience. My daughter went last Sunday and hers was lackluster, no dancing or singing loudly with Taylor. But don’t get me wrong, she still enjoyed it with friends. She has the free poster and $10 thin plastic cup (damn Taylor is a master marketer) to remember it by. 😂

As to your question, my last birthday I was stuck in JFK for 22 hours due to “weather” (I kid you not I saw not one drop of rain, nor felt one gust of wind. Don’t get me started on NYC ATC. 🤬) I was supposed to get home at 6pm on my birthday, but my actual arrival was a day later at 4pm. Definitely not one of my best birthdays, but it could have been worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter