How did you celebrate your last birthday?

Another Detroit native (I'm from Birmingham)!! I used to snowmobile at Camp Dearborn and went on field trips to the Village and the Museum.
I’m not from the Detroit area, we are more in the middle of the mitten🙂

Thats neat that you used to go snowmobiling at Camp Dearborn! We had never been there before my birthday this year, it’s huge! We enjoyed it, but doubt we will ever go back. We prefer going to the northern lower peninsula and the U.P. when we camp in Michigan. We had been to the village back when we were teens so it was nice to go again, and neither of us had ever been to the museum. It was a nice birthday week🙂

I’m not from the Detroit area, we are more in the middle of the mitten🙂

Thats neat that you used to go snowmobiling at Camp Dearborn! We had never been there before my birthday this year, it’s huge! We enjoyed it, but doubt we will ever go back. We prefer going to the northern lower peninsula and the U.P. when we camp in Michigan. We had been to the village back when we were teens so it was nice to go again, and neither of us had ever been to the museum. It was a nice birthday week🙂
Wonderful! So middle of the mitten, so you might be closer then to somewhere like Frankenmuth than Detroit? We used to go to Franken... as a kid.

My birthday’s pretty much just a regular day except I refuse to cook so I usually order a pizza and go pick it up. Our 3 granddaughters make me cards and my husband gives me a card and that’s usually it. No party, no gifts, no cake, we don’t go anywhere.

Went to Texas Roadhouse with family members. I asked Dh not to say it was my birthday. I like things very low key. Of course he says it loudly more than once to the server. I just cried and was happy when the dinner was over. Somehow he always manages to ruin everything. After all the years I should be used to this lol. We had cake at home.

Celebrated at Cannon Beach, OR. Enjoyed a wonderful meat at The Bistro.

For those who are not familiar with CB or looking for a summer beach getaway I highly recommend it. We have been going there for over 30 yrs and it really hasn't changed at all. It is busy during the day with the people cruising along Hwy 101 but around 4:00pm or so it is almost deserted other than the ppl enjoying the restaurants. The SpaceMan can be your personal guide :-)

Celebrated at Cannon Beach, OR. Enjoyed a wonderful meat at The Bistro.

For those who are not familiar with CB or looking for a summer beach getaway I highly recommend it. We have been going there for over 30 yrs and it really hasn't changed at all. It is busy during the day with the people cruising along Hwy 101 but around 4:00pm or so it is almost deserted other than the ppl enjoying the restaurants. The SpaceMan can be your personal guide :-)
Sounds a lot more chill than Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard...

What kind of wonderful meat did you eat?

About a week before my last birthday, my sister suggested spending it in Colonial Williamsburg. On my birthday we did a carriage ride and I had my birthday dinner in my favorite tavern in Colonial Williamsburg: Kings Arms Tavern. I had an amazing meal with my favorite Jefferson Bread Pudding for dessert. When we checked in, the front desk upgraded our room and it ended up, coincidentally, being the same exact room when checked out a month previous. It was a short trip, but it was so great!

We thought about doing it again this year, then changed our minds to March for her birthday...then settled on February for President's Day weekend and both of our birthdays instead.

Sounds a lot more chill than Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard...

What kind of wonderful meat did you eat?
Never been to the East Coast in those areas but I would definitely say more chill. The focal point is the monolith, Haystack Rock and the surrounding community. This time of year the Elk replace the tourists on the beach and in town. Quite a sight to see.

It was the Chef's Special that night, Halibut with different reductions and flavors. I am really not that sophisticated when it comes to fine dining like this but it was truly amazing.

As I am on the downside of my years (but not that far) I am more cognizant of the stories of where ppl want their ashes spread. For me, a little sprinkle on the POTC and a splash in Cannon Beach

My 82nd birthday was today (well actually it's over now since it was on 10/20) DH had to work so it was very quiet. We will try and make it up to Traverse City sometime next week. Hopefully the trees will still be putting on a show. DH got carryout from a favorite Korean Chicken place here in Clawson. So good. And we had made our favorite angel food cupcakes for dessert. Got to talk to all four of our children, the grands all checked in from around the country and the great-granddaughter texted me when she got home from school and work tonight. It was a good day!

Floating in the Dead Sea and exploring Jerusalem (East and West) with a very tasty dinner. I was working with our Palestine country office and my birthday fell on the weekend (I was there for two weeks). I didn't plan to mention it but the day before, my colleague's kids were visiting and started talking about birthdays and asked us when ours were. When I said "Umm, actually, it's tomorrow", my colleague insisted that I join her family for the outing.

Sadly, I didn't really (turned 40 in Sept). The kids and I did see fireworks that night (it was the last night of racing at a race track close to our house - so we stepped out to watch them)

Nothing special, I like it like that. We probably brought in some Chinese food, that's a great treat for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter