How can I decorate stateroom?

mimird

Earning My Ears
We will be traveling on the Dream to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary. We would like to decorate the inside of their room. (None of the decorating packages you can buy are really appropriate). We want to sneak in thru our connecting room to put up some decorations but I know we are not allowed to use any adhesives so that makes it tough. Any ideas about how we could do it? Thanks!

Yes I already made magnets for the door but I was wondering about how to decorate inside the room. Thanks!

I'm just confirming that both the walls and ceilings are magnetic in the staterooms? A friend in our group will be celebrating his 50th Birthday and we'd like to decorate it for him.

Thanks!

I'm just confirming that both the walls and ceilings are magnetic in the staterooms? A friend in our group will be celebrating his 50th Birthday and we'd like to decorate it for him.

Thanks!
As far as I know, the walls are metal, as are the doors (both the entrance door and bathroom door). The ceiling is a metal frame with acoustic tiles between them (think drop ceiling). You can use magnets on the metal frame. I've also read of people raising up the panels on either side of the frames and tying a string around it to hang things on.

I was just wondering how they hang those party package streamers you can buy from DCL . Do they have magnets on the streamers they hang from the ceiling ?

Just a quick note: The ceiling in a 1-br Concierge room on Dream class is *not* magnetic. Confirmed by our most recent cruise where they had the magnetic decorations stuffed into the crown molding/air conditioning vent slots. I don't know if it's the same for a Cat V, but I doubt it. Regular rooms do indeed have magnetic ceilings (not just slats that hold acoustic tiles) and the decorations you order are stuck to the ceiling that way.

As far as I know, the walls are metal, as are the doors (both the entrance door and bathroom door). The ceiling is a metal frame with acoustic tiles between them (think drop ceiling). You can use magnets on the metal frame. I've also read of people raising up the panels on either side of the frames and tying a string around it to hang things on.
this picture doesn't show a drop ceiling or acoustic tiles?
Disney_Dream_Stateroom_C__verandah__-_6_23_09.jpg

or this one?

7166428328_dae065d10b_z.jpg

or this one?

StateRoom.jpg

the magic and wonder have metal slatted ceilings though like this

maxresdefault.jpg

and this

Disney-Magic-Refurb-Stateroom-Alternate-500x281.jpg

Looks metallic to me... Given that they sell packages with things that magnetically attach to the ceiling, I'm going with metal.

Looks metallic to me... Given that they sell packages with things that magnetically attach to the ceiling, I'm going with metal.
yep! totally metal and made from steel. non combustible but with insulation above.
some of the posts from learned members surprise me

this picture doesn't show a drop ceiling or acoustic tiles?

or this one?
or this one?
the magic and wonder have metal slatted ceilings though like this

and this

The ceilings of the staterooms are comprised of grids of metal panels, which are used to access the duct work /elec/ plumbing /what have you above. (I know this bc twice we had to have maintenance come bc of AC issues).

@DisneyWonder'09 Your pix show a variety of ceilings from different staterooms (and I'm guessing different ships), and someone above mentions Concierge is even more varied with no metal. Not sure where your last photo is from, but I haven't stayed in a stateroom with that kind as far as I can remember.

Our Wonder ceiling looked like the photo sample @DisneyWonder'09 posted and they did indeed lift up like office ceiling tiles. One fell in our room in rough seas and another needed a shim from maintenance to stop squeaking at night.

Our ceiling was magnetic, but our walls were not. We had neodymium magnets, so I know they were strong...and the walls were definitely not magnetic.

@DisneyWonder'09 Your pix show a variety of ceilings from different staterooms (and I'm guessing different ships), and someone above mentions Concierge is even more varied with no metal. Not sure where your last photo is from, but I haven't stayed in a stateroom with that kind as far as I can remember.
yes that was a generic drop ceiling photo from home depot

Can anyone show me the ceiling of a standard inside on the Dream? I bought hanging decorations thinking I'd use magnets, but they each have a plastic hook. It would be easier to use the hook since I'm not sure how I'd affix a magnet. Thank you in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter