How can I decorate stateroom?

@FigmentSpark That was my intention until I saw they each have a plastic hook at the end of the very thin streamer. Not sure how I would affix the magnets.

Oh, you mean like a big paperclip magnet idea? We only have one or two of those (i need 8 I think ) and they are really pricey if we're talking about the same thing.

If it's those swirly hanging decorations, then i just bought magnetic strips and attached them to the top near the plastic hook. probably about two inches in lenght just to make sure there was enough surface for the metal and magnet contact to hold the weight of the decoration

10265239.jpg

We used these to hang birthday decorations from the ceiling and walls in our Dream stateroom. We used a glue gun to attach streamers and ribbons and other decorations. We also used these to attach mickey ears ... to the door. The magnets weren't expensive (about $5 for this pack) and we bought them at Michaels. Since then, I've also seem them at Walmart. Hope this helps.

ETA: Sorry that this picture came out so huge. I don't know how to reduce it.

That's awesome, thank you so much, @Vicki106 ! So the magnets worked with the glue gun? Was it on foil or paper streamers, do you recall?
We attached the magnets to thick paper streamer-type decorations. At least the ends were thicker than the actual tissue paper-like streamers. But I'll be you could use some thick tape on the ends of the streamers and then use the glue gun to attach the magnets to those.

I can confirm that 6011 on the Wonder does NOT have magnetic walls. This is one of the 'sideways' cabins on the ship (only on magic class ships)

I hung magnets from the metal ceiling on the Dream in January 2017. I bought a Nemo birthday package of decorations from toys r us and hung the swirly things dropped down f I’m the ceiling and a banner. I had a variety of magnets. What worked best were similar to a picture posted with the clips. They were metal magnet with a clip that I use at work maybe the size of a quarter. I brought them back home with me.
The door that connects staterooms is metal. I found a happy birthday magnet set at dollar tree with a big cake that worked great on the door

I purchased magnetic hooks on Amazon, similar to what someone above showed. I bought these swirly things at a local party store and hung them on the hooks from the ceiling. This is a sideways room on the Wonder... I think someone was asking.

2015-12-11_13-55-15_673.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter