• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How bad or not so bad is Tony's

My husband and I ate there in 2013 and we loved it. I can't remember what I had, but it was in a white sauce and I remember it was good. I see a lot of negative reviews for it, but didn't experience any of the same problems. I also don't understand all of the good reviews for Pecos Bills...I think it is the worst food I have ever tasted in my life. Their soda is even gross, but a ton of people love it! So I say try everything once and go by your own experience because you never know.

Our Ratings of Tony's Town Square: (*rev 01/22/2015*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: A
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a
Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... Seasonal Melon w/Prosciutto
. . . entree:.. Fresh Catch Salad
. . . dessert:. Pistachio Crème Brûlée

NOTE: The staff friendliness and the eatery atmosphere are good, but misleading, as the
food is not something to write home about. Meats are average for the Italian entrées, but
akin to CHEF BOY AR DEE - well, using CHEF BOY AR DEE could be considered an insult to the
famous chef from Cleveland, Ohio. The sauce may be tomato, but it is definitely not a true
marinara. The appetizers are average. In a pinch, Tony's might do, but there are far better
choices. On the plus side, the desserts are simple, but pretty good. Hard to justify going
the first time, let alone going back.

NOTE2: If available, one can ask for a outdoor patio table. However, it is not a good place
to view parades, even though one might think so.

I ate at Tony's in Nov. 2014. I enjoyed my meal. I had the eggplant stack. I usually go to LTT or the Plaza but Tony's was a nice change. I'd go there again.

I ate there recently and it was typical mediocre chain-style "Italian" - Not worth what they charge, but not inedible.

Two years ago I found the food disgusting. Worst meatball ever. Sauce right from a jar. Wilted lettuce.
Wow, we had the same meal, 5 years apart! I will admit, I like few meatballs but these are bad. The sauce, Ragu heated in a pan! Is it edible, sure! What I don't get, why doesn't Disney fix it! The Brown Derby had a few years when it was sub par but in the last couple of years with new chef it's now wonderful. Too many better restaurants, so we skip Tony's, I mean WPE, a QS makes tasty meatballs you would think a sit down restaurant could too! But :scared::eek:

I've only eaten there once, and it was horrible... and that was back before I became foodyish and basically liked boring meals. The marina sauce was worse then whatever-chain-you-hate bad (be it Olive Garden or something else), and the fish- uggghhhh.

...Having said that, I've heard from people who I trust that they had a decent (not good, but not bad) experience at lunch by ignoring the pasta/traditional 'Italian' meals and sticking to the salad or sandwiches. I think if I ever went again, that's what I'd do. Dinner seems to be a wash, though, as most of those items disappear.

Horrible. I got sick after eating there in 2010 and won't ever be going back. And the experience that time was also horrible. The food was not very good.

I haven't been to Tony's since 1999 and for good reason. But lets do this, I am not expecting to have the best Italian food ever, but I am expecting at least Olive Garden quality which I am not a fan of Olive Garden either. I have read here on the boards that in some cases it has been inedible, I did read a menu and how can you screw up a Chicken Caesar Salad???? Any and all opinions are welcome. BTW I booked this out of convenience on Halloween because I have tickets to the MNSSHP and this was the only ADR available for that date inside the MK

I haven't eaten in Tony's since 2010 so it may have improved BUT this was one of the worst meals I have ever had on property. I ordered some spaghetti which was all stuck together and gloopy - it looked awful and tasted just as bad :crazy2:. I decided to plow on and get dessert in the hope that it would bring the meal up...it didn't; the only plus point on the meal was the server (I think her name was Nancy) was lovely. There haven't been many places I have eaten that I vowed I would never go back to but Tony's is on the list.

We haven't been to Tonys in over 10 years. With that in mind, the menu and chef could've changed since then. However, it was the worst meal we've ever eaten at WDW and we have no desire to go back. Good luck with your experience.

We went two years ago for the first time for lunch and really enjoyed it--food, atmosphere, and customer service. We are going back next month.

BAD..:scared:....Be Afraid, be very very afraid..LoL.... 2 bad meals & service are enough for me not to return... Fortunately there are plenty other TS to choose from. But to each his/her own...Some may like this or tolerate it, while some of my fav.s like ( 50's p/t ) may not be what others like...:confused3....Give it a go and see for yourself, then you'll know 4 sure..

Ate there in April. Not good. I wouldn't say it was a "bad" meal, but it was definitely the worst meal we had on our trip. And the worst service, just absolutely no magic at all. An Olive Garden waitress would have been better. And it was the longest wait time we had even with an ADR.

Am I the only one who wants to eat here just because the reviews are so bad?

My expectations are so low, it may just become the best meal of my life, lol!
We actually did just that a couple years ago! I thought, I've read so many horrible reviews of this place, I've just got to go to see if it's really that bad...lol
We went for lunch and honestly, it wasn't great by any means but we didn't think it was nearly as bad as the reviews I've seen. I will say this, that pistachio crème brulee was fantastic.

Probably in the minority, but it's a must-do for us. Nothing fancy, but comfort-food that we all enjoy. And the service is always good and fast. We are usually seated within a few minutes, done and gone within 45 minutes of our ADR time. Definitely our favorite TS in MK.

We actually did just that a couple years ago! I thought, I've read so many horrible reviews of this place, I've just got to go to see if it's really that bad...lol
We went for lunch and honestly, it wasn't great by any means but we didn't think it was nearly as bad as the reviews I've seen. I will say this, that pistachio crème brulee was fantastic.

Yes, but think about what you just posted....It's an Italian place and the best thing that you ate there was that...LoL Just sayin...:teeth::confused3

Been there twice in the last 2 years. Will not go back again. I like Olive Garden better. If you are in Hollywood Studios, go to Mama Melrose...so much better!

Canceled my reservation for this Tuesday, thanks for the heads up!

Best TS restaurant at MK - go!

Am I the only one who wants to eat here just because the reviews are so bad?

My expectations are so low, it may just become the best meal of my life, lol!

To be honest, that is why I tried it because usually I think some of the bad reviews have had no foundation, but really it was terrible and I regretted eating there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter