How are you handling rising food and energy costs?

That doesn't compute to me because I have no idea what it was before. But that's enough food to feed 6 possibly 8 people, so seems reasonably cheap to me. That's cheaper than 6 people getting individual meals just about at any fast food joint unless you'd just get a 2 bite hamburger

those 8 people better have small appetites b/c this is the price for the base meal-dark meat only (the one local to us up charges significantly for a mixed bucket to include white meat) so it would result in-

1 drum/1 thigh each
1 biscuit
3 tablespoons of each side (containers are 12 oz each).

reinforces why we don't get fast food or eat out much-not a good value.

You gotta love a store making a loss leader disappear so they don't have to eat the loss.

Went to HMart today. In store coupon was for 1 dozen organic brown eggs for $1.99. Obviously, they didn't have them, but more interesting, they purposely took the label for the eggs that would have been for sale off the shelf, like they never existed.

Limit was 2 dozen eggs of any type. With the sale eggs not there, cheapest generic eggs were $6/dozen.

They also did this for their in-store rib-eye bulogi and pork belly sales. BUT, they did have the boneless skinless chicken thighs for $1.99/lb, so I did not come away empty handed from their coupon deals.

I only spent $45 b/c I was only buying the loss leaders, since I have a Safeway run planned later this week. I would have liked the eggs, though...

those 8 people better have small appetites b/c this is the price for the base meal-dark meat only (the one local to us up charges significantly for a mixed bucket to include white meat) so it would result in-

1 drum/1 thigh each
1 biscuit

Let's be honest. This meal is designed for 4 people.

If anyone shops at Costco, mine had 2 dozen eggs for $5.99 today. And lots and lots of them. Metro atlanta.

If anyone shops at Costco, mine had 2 dozen eggs for $5.99 today. And lots and lots of them. Metro atlanta.
I went to Costco today and they were out of white eggs. They only had 2 dozen brown eggs left. I also went to Harris Teeter and I saw prices as high as $11 for eggs.

They were also out of rotisserie chickens and there were some VERY unhappy people crowding around the area where the chickens are.

I went to Costco today and they were out of white eggs. They only had 2 dozen brown eggs left. I also went to Harris Teeter and I saw prices as high as $11 for eggs.

They were also out of rotisserie chickens and there were some VERY unhappy people crowding around the area where the chickens are.

It seems like more and more people are "loss leader" shopping to afford groceries, and thus many loss leaders are just not in stores when you shop...

Costco has kept that rotisserie chicken as a loss leader...eventually, they are only gonna put out so many at a time...or run out on busy shopping days b/c pretty much everyone is probably now buying them on their trips b/c the "deal" is so good...

It seems like more and more people are "loss leader" shopping to afford groceries, and thus many loss leaders are just not in stores when you shop...

Costco has kept that rotisserie chicken as a loss leader...eventually, they are only gonna put out so many at a time...or run out on busy shopping days b/c pretty much everyone is probably now buying them on their trips b/c the "deal" is so good...
We have shopped the sales , coupons, etc forever.

1 drum/1 thigh each
1 biscuit

Oh, I assumed that would have been breast as well. And I haven't had KFC in a long time, I'm sure the sides are a lot smaller now than they use to be.

$7.99 for two dozen eggs in BJs today. (Philadelphia area). I didn't buy them because I bought the eggs at BJs but it was $8 and change for 18 count eggs at Shoprite.

Our Kroger has better fried chicken than KFC at a much more reasonable price. Our KFC is soooo bad. It makes me sad to see. The vast majority of the time they are out of some key item, and they're notorious for not telling you that.

We bought eggs yesterday for pick up today. Great Value Large were $2.42 for 6 eggs.

I looked back at my posts and end of October/first part of November they were $2.02.

I've been reading the news and various breakfast restaurants here have been struggling. Some purchasing from grocery stores as opposed to their normal suppliers at times due to the cost. One breakfast style place the egg pricing was the last nail in their coffin and they shut down last week or the week before. I admit I had been so focused on what grocery stores were selling the eggs for that I didn't even think about the impact to restaurants with the breakfast/brunch style places taking the biggest impact since you know eggs are kinda considered a breakfast staple.

I hope my neighbor doesn't hear about these egg prices. I'm still getting them from him for 1 dollar a dozen.

Egglands best were on sale at the chain grocery store for $4.44 a dozen today. Store must have gotten a buy on them and they were well stocked. But the more expensive store brand eggs were sold out.

Our Kroger has better fried chicken than KFC at a much more reasonable price. Our KFC is soooo bad. It makes me sad to see. The vast majority of the time they are out of some key item, and they're notorious for not telling you that.
Our KFC has gone way down hill since covid. They couldn't find anyone who wanted to work, so the ones who they did hire actually don't work! They gave my mom a half eaten box of chicken once! Yep, no one noticed. They should just close the place. It's too bad, because before covid, they had an excellent reputation.

Yeah, I know people who specifically go to Costco just for the rotisserie chicken. Them being out of them yesterday (I went around 11 am) was surprising to me since they always have a ton of them. Almost every person in the store had eggs in their cart and were buying meat in bulk. I usually buy ground beef in bulk to freeze to use later, so that's what I assume everyone else was doing.

Agreed. KFC is easily one of the worst fast food places out there (though I'm not sure if it's worse than White Castle.) Publix has really good fried chicken too.

Shaws has eight pieces of fried chicken or grilled chicken on sale for $7.99 a much better deal than KFC or Popeyes. Newspaper coupons are so bad. I have better luck with in store coupons.

Just bought a tub of salad, small package of cherry tomatoes, head of broccoli, small jar of pizza sauce and 4 $1.35 drinks. $35
Where the heck are you shopping? Those items shouldn’t cost more than $20 in any supermarket, and probably less.

Our KFC has gone way down hill since covid. They couldn't find anyone who wanted to work, so the ones who they did hire actually don't work! They gave my mom a half eaten box of chicken once! Yep, no one noticed. They should just close the place. It's too bad, because before covid, they had an excellent reputation.
We have two by us and neither has reopened the inside dining, all still just drive thru. They don't have the staff to operate the inside dining.
Corporate KFC is to blame IMHO too. They have dropped some of the basic meals people come to expect.

It's funny, when we lived in the Northeast, we'd get KFC, once in a blue moon. Here in North Carolina, we're spoiled for choice--there's great fried chicken everywhere. So great, in fact, that I'd be embarrassed to make and serve my own! My sister said, "But you make good fried chicken!", and I said, "Yeah, I used to think so, too!"

We typically go to Smithfield's, a local chain, but DD19 still begged for KFC. So, a few months ago, she was home, and we went out of our way to get KFC, just for her. She ate it, and said, "Smithfield's is better!" Good, because it's closer and cheaper, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter