How are you celebrating Disneyland's 55th Anniversary?

Merry Mousketeer

Hey there, hi there, ho there!
Not all of us Disneylanders can be at the park today, so how are you going to celebrate the 55th anniversary?

Carol and I are going to spend the weekend in our hometown of San Francisco and attend the celebration at The Walt Disney Family Museum.

Today we will hear past Disneyland presidents Jack Lindquist and Matt Ouimet and Imagineer Tony Baxter talk about the creation of Disneyland. There will be a meet'ngreet afterwards.

On Sunday, Executive VP of DL & WDW Dick Nunis and Imagineers Craig Russell and Bruce Vaughn will talk about Disneyland's legacy and how it affected the created of Disney parks worldwide.

I will take notes and post trip reports on the events.

I hope you all have a magical weekend celebrating the happiest place on earth and reliving fond memories of visits with family and friends.

Michael

well i am on my way over.. i will be getting the anninversary maps that is needed! and then i am going to see how many cupcakes i can purchas on this special bday day! :lovestruc

I have a friend attending the NFFC Disneyana Fan Club Convention and I asked him to pick up some maps for the FE group.

The museum presentations were excellent! I suspect this was a test run for the Destination Disney event at Disneyland this fall.

Michael

Im actually Driving down to San Diego for Comic con on Disney lands birthday. I really wanted to stop by the parks, but we really just couldn't afford it. I am going to the Walt Disney Studios panel on Thursday though :banana:

well i am on my way over.. i will be getting the anninversary maps that is needed! and then i am going to see how many cupcakes i can purchas on this special bday day! :lovestruc

i bought a couple of those 55th anniversary cup cakes, and was not impressed, i was really excited about the red velvet and it looked so good, but the frosting was tasteless, we bought 3 cupcakes and only ate half of one and gave the rest to our house keepers that cleaned our room, which i saw about 2 hours later and they only had one bite of it also. i was pretty disappointed.:sad1:

did anybody get one of the 55th anniversary pins that the CM were wearing?? i asked about 10 of them if i could get one and none of them would give me one or new where to get one, then i went to city hall the next day to see if could get one and the CM acted like he didnt know what i was talking about.:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter