Houston we (might) have a problem!

pagehouse

Nate has squatter's rights to Castaway Cay!
O.k everyone, as you know we are leaving Friday for Orlando and cruising on the 6th.
Nathan is trying to give me a heart attack here! He had a pretty long apnea episode last night and today when he woke up, he wouldn't eat breakfast, has a cough and noisy breathing. I am praying it's just allergy's or something. I am having his doctor come over Thurs. to check him out and make sure everything is still alright. I think we are going to put him on an antibiotic to help safe-guard against any infections on the ship.

But, what I need to ask all of you is...Please keep him in your prayers! I know we have gotten a lot of pixie dust already, but I think we might need more!:(

Chris or better known as Nate's Mom

Nate is always in my prayers, as is your family. Apnea can be very scary, especially in small children. :( Hopefully he will get over his cold/congestion and it will be smooth sailing from here on out! :cool: Nothing like that Florida SUNSHINE to make a person feel better!:sunny:

The antibiotics sound like a good idea though.....

Tons of pixie dust com'in at ya!!!!!:bounce:

Too much has gone "right" for anything to go wrong now:D

Keep us posted!

RT-you read my mind!

Nate has always had some apnea, but they have been getting longer. Last night he was sitting in his special chair while Eric and I were doing something on the computer and he just stopped breathing. We just looked at eachother for a few seconds thinking he would start again any sec. but time kept ticking away and finally Eric says "Wife, it has been a long time. Should we do something?"
Well we have a DNR on Nate and so that question brought on aninteresting question of it's own. In the past, we do nothing because we want him to go in peace, but with his trip just a few short days away I thought by golly he is not doing this tonight! So I got up to go and stir him, but right then he took a slow lazy breath. Little stinker! He wants me good and grey for the cruise!

BTW, yes Eric calls me wife. I know it's silly, but what started as a joke has stuck for 13 years!:rolleyes: It's not so bad except when he does it in public!

Oh my :(
So sorry to hear our 'Verandah Boy' is not feeling well. We'll keep the faith and pray that he feels better soon and your family will be able to have that magical cruise. God Bless! ^i^
PS ~ Love the 'wife' nickname...DH calls me 'keeper'....LOL
{{{Hugs to all}}}

My sister is a respitory therapist and works in a sleep lab, and I have two BIL's with apnea. It is very scary in adult men, I can't imagine with the little one! Is he on some sort of C PAP machine? With all the DIS prayers coming your way I am sure you will have a great time on the MAGIC!!!

BTW- I think it is cute that he calls you wife!

I think it's cute that Eric calls you "wife"! ;)

Little Nate will most definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.
Take care and have a magical trip that you all SO deserve!

Prayers on their way, Chris! I hope Nate starts feeling better quickly and you all can enjoy that magical vacation!!!

I know how scary apnea can be. Tell Verandah Boy that a lot of DISers are anxious to meet him, as well as some special friends (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, etc.). You have a special Dr. if he makes house calls. I'm sure s/he will make things safe for your family to travel. Keep thinking about all of the sunshine that's waiting for you, and catch all the pixie dust that's coming your way!!

*~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*

Woobie

Is he on some sort of C PAP machine?

No, nothing right now. We had to put him on some O2 to sleep with for awhile because it was really bad, but then it got better and we had them come get the God awful big ugly noisy oxygen machine. Plus as I said, he is DNR so we don't really want to use equipment with him. Only if it's short term and something he will get over. Not to prolong life.

With all the DIS prayers coming your way I am sure you will have a great time on the MAGIC!!!

I am not trying to be a bummer! I just knew I could count on y'all to give us some extra help in the prayer department. I am sure it is all going to go as planned.
Eric is out of town today for work and I have not told him yet that Nate is coughing. My hope is he stops before Daddy gets home. If not I will have to have Eric have a stern talk with him!!!! I'm sure Nate is shaking in his boots at that!

Nathan is on hospice, so he has his own nurse and doctor that come to the house. I love it. I never have to take him to a place that I know has sick people there like the regular doctors office.
The down side is that my youngest son thinks all doctors should come to our house! So when I have to take him for a check up he thinks that "Doca Nikols" will be coming to see him too. He gets really upset when we go to the other doctor and have to sit in an exam room. I try to tell his doctor not to take it personal, he just has a different idea of what seeing the doctor means!

I so hope that all of you get to have this wonderful trip without interruption. Just in case, I did have to see the ship doctor while we were on our April cruise and although it was not life threatening, they are just as wonderful down there as all the other staff. They looked like they had all the latest equipment, I think they try to get you in and out as quickly as possible to enjoy your trip, and they are the friendliest people. So if need, I wouldn't hesitate to use the ship doctor if you need. They are very expensive($90 for the visit) and my insurance did not reimburse me(you have to have it charged to your room and then get reimbursed by your insurance) but my vacation would have been miserable without treatment(the prescription only cost $3, very cheap). I assume you already have information from your doctor in case of an emergency, I have no clue about that. But even if you need something minor with Nate checked, I wouldn't hesitate to visit them, you will not have any fun if you are stressed! I think it took me longer to find it than the time I spent in the actual facility!

Thanks for the info Tiffany. I was curious about that. The doctor on the ship will be aware of Nate and his condition so I am sure if I need anything they can help. Plus, if his doctor gives him the o.k. to go but he is still congested, I might need to just have him listened to to check his lungs. I'm positive they can do that.

Chris

A HUGE deluge of pixie dust to Nate, and to all of you.

Carla

Chris here is more prayers and pixie dust for you and Nate. Your little one is so cut with his ideas. It is great that you are able to keep Nate away from the germs.I know my little ones usually come home sicker than when they went it.
I hope Nate gets well, shakes that cough and has a wonderful cruise. Take lots of pictures and have a wonderful time.

No one here thinks you are a "downer" quite the contrary! I hope we can bring a little smile to you and yours today. Know that we are all pulling for you guys.

I was on the Wonder but yes they can do that. I had a severe sinus infection but I also have asthma. They checked to make sure that my lungs were clear. It also looked like they had the breathing treatments and so forth. It is on deck 1 and you just follow the signs, I thought I was in a rat maze! When I went in, a gentleman was leaving. I really don't think I was in over 20 minutes from the time I walked in the waiting room door, that included filling out paperwork and such, half hour max, but I don't think it was that long. It looked very sterile and they were highly trained, atleast it appeared to me. My total bill was $93, $90 for the visit(which was applied to my deductible) and $3 for my antibiotics. Like I said you have to charge it all to your stateroom and pay it or charge it to a card then get reimbursed. They will give you suffient copies and such. My carrier had questions and once I found out how to reach them(or their land office), I got very quick responses. (Get that while you are there or I finally emailed Disney Cruise Line). Let me know if you have any more questions regarding the medical facility. And the Florida and sea air will do wonders for him, it does for my asthma.

Lots of pixie dust coming your way.

Chris -

Your family is very special to all of us so you can be sure we all want you in good health so you can enjoy your trip on the Magic. Prayers and pixie dust are coming at you from so many different directions you cannot imagine.

We can't wait to hear about your trip.

Sandy

PS - I think "wife" is cute, do you get to call him "husband"?

Chris...
My prayers to the Lord above are going out for Nate. I pray for an uneventful rest of this week. God knows how you all must need this trip. Remember that "When prayers go up..Blessings come down" I do so look forward to meeting you all after the sail away. I know I will not be able to give Nate that hug from Verandah Man, due to any possibility of germs, but I will be hugging him in my heart. I won't say that I hope to see you Saturday, but I will say I WILL see you Sat.
Gloria

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter