Housekeeping in 2021

MicheyMouse

Mouseketeer
What has your experience been like? Ours was not every other day as advertised. Do not expect doubled items or supplies. A CSR told us after the fact that it was more like every 3 days for housekeeping.

We understand Covid has caused staffing shortages but this was by far our biggest issue.

On our one cash stay (usually stay DVC), we got no housekeeping. I called about it and they said "we aren't making the beds because of covid." They didn't even enter the room as far as I could tell--no clean towels, no restocked toiletries, no vacuuming, nothing. I was not satisfied. Ultimately after a few calls, they did come up and bring clean towels and extra toilet paper (handed to me through the door), and I threw all the wet towels into the hall.

I'm guessing this depends upon the resort. We were very happy with housekeeping at Boulder Ridge (cash studio) in April. Everything was refreshed every other day (towels, trash, surfaces wiped off). When we needed something a call to housekeeping received very quick responses... extra hangers, more bedding, fresh towels). Might have been we were great tippers?

I left a tip envelope out everyday labeled Mousekeeping. I think it was taken once. The tip went to the person bringing us towels, etc. when we called to request them in the evening because we had none.

We even ran out of toilet paper.

We stayed at Pop last week and they came every other day. We left a note asking for extra washcloths but didn’t get them. They did empty trash, gave us coffee and supplies, and a bar of soap. We are at Coronado now. Housekeeping called on our first day to see if they could come in to do “light” housekeeping since our occupied sign was out. I let them know we wouldn’t need it until the next day. She said she would note that we should be on the “other” every other day schedule since we had just checked in the day before. This is our third day here and they have not come yet. I hope I didn’t mess us up. Hopefully tomorrow. We are here for 10 nights total. Just wondering if they will change our sheets any during that time. If they don’t, I’m going to ask for some sheets to change the bed myself. I make it up each day. Any more than a week should get new sheets.

We stayed at Pop last week and they came every other day. We left a note asking for extra washcloths but didn’t get them. They did empty trash, gave us coffee and supplies, and a bar of soap. We are at Coronado now. Housekeeping called on our first day to see if they could come in to do “light” housekeeping since our occupied sign was out. I let them know we wouldn’t need it until the next day. She said she would note that we should be on the “other” every other day schedule since we had just checked in the day before. This is our third day here and they have not come yet. I hope I didn’t mess us up. Hopefully tomorrow. We are here for 10 nights total. Just wondering if they will change our sheets any during that time. If they don’t, I’m going to ask for some sheets to change the bed myself. I make it up each day. Any more than a week should get new sheets.

Please keep us updated on your housekeeping experience this trip. I emailed Disney with my concerns about limited housekeeping a few weeks ago and someone from guest services did call me to address my concerns. She pretty much told me our sheets will not be changed during our stay (split stay - 8 nights/5 nights). She did say we would receive limited housekeeping every other day which would consist of new towels and trash emptied. It seems there is no consistency, even at the same resort. Our trip isn’t until August. Maybe things will change. 🤷🏻‍♀️

We were at the BC from 5/30-6/6 and saw housekeeping once. We did not opt out of housekeeping. We had to remove the trash each day. We knew this trip was going to be different with them but not that bad. The day we were checking out, they were knocking on our door at 10 am before check out time asking when we were leaving. We said in about 15 min. They were waiting and watching down by the elevators.

We were there at the end of May for 4 nights and I had to call to request towels and paper coffee cups. I also requested a sheet change one day because my daughter got ice cream on them and they did come and change them, but did nothing else in the room. With the hardwood floors now, having your room not swept or vacuumed for 4 nights is pretty gross with crumbs and particles on the floor. I’d be super upset if I was staying deluxe and paying those prices!

We were at Pop 5/1-5/9. We had service every other day, where they took dirty towels and replaced them, replenished any toiletries we were low on (just hand soap and TP), and sometimes vacuumed the floors.

Same thing when we were there in October 2020. That was 11 nights and they never did touch the beds.

Yes. We threw all dirty towels into the tub on our service day and they were always removed and fresh towels were hung on the bars or put in the towel cubbies.

I wish I had taken a picture of the mountain of wet wash cloths in the corner of the shower in our our CSR room.

We were at CBR and received trash/towel service once during our 6 day stay. We called to request extra towels at a different time, which were delivered, but they left them on the table near the door to our room and they didn't remove the pile of dirty ones at that time.

Please keep us updated on your housekeeping experience this trip. I emailed Disney with my concerns about limited housekeeping a few weeks ago and someone from guest services did call me to address my concerns. She pretty much told me our sheets will not be changed during our stay (split stay - 8 nights/5 nights). She did say we would receive limited housekeeping every other day which would consist of new towels and trash emptied. It seems there is no consistency, even at the same resort. Our trip isn’t until August. Maybe things will change. 🤷🏻‍♀️

So…they didn’t show up today so I called. We’ve been here since Saturday. I did ask about getting our bed changed later since we will be here a total of 10 days. She said they wouldn’t change it but she is sending sheets so we can change it.

So, I thought I would update you on what actually happened. I had told you in the post above that they said they would send sheets but we would have to make the bed ourselves. A lady came by later to give us the sheets, towels, etc. She said that if we wanted them to make the bed to call housekeeping and they would do it. I told her what the lady had said when I called housekeeping before but she assured me that they would do it. This morning, we took our sheets off of the bed, put the clean sheets out with a nice tip and when we came back the bed was made. I don’t mind making my own bed but they do it so much better. I am making it up all other days but it would definitely not pass Disney inspection. 😆 I have a hard time using the flat as a bottom sheet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter