House of Cards Season 6 will be Final Season

I hadn’t read the lie on top of him part, that does certainly go beyond flirting.
However the terminology of sexual assault as I (or you) understand it-no its the terminology of sexual assault as the law is written. No matter how disgusting we find the behaviour.
Now what is also important is the laws as they were written 30 years ago when the incident happened not how they are written today.

I was referring to how the statutes are written, as opposed to the commonly used terms such as sexual assault.

Bottom line, this incident is alleged to have occurred when the victim was 14. Then or now, the standard would be the same, a person under 14 cannot consent to sexual acts, period. That's the law.

Don't worry Paco, one day Spacey will win all sorts of accolades, get standing ovations, celebrities will even name their sons after him. Oh wait, that only happens when you rape 13 year old girls.
Sorry Paco, Spacey's days are done.

If the allegations are true Kevin Spacey did something very wrong. At 14 years of age I would never blame Anthony Rapp. He was too young for this whole situation. I do have to very seriously question his parents or whoever his guardians were at the time. I don’t know how he ended up there but I read that he was at a social gathering at Kevin Spacey’s apartment. Everyone left and Anthony Rapp was there alone in Spacey’s bedroom watching TV. I have problems with a 14 year old partying with adults and even bigger problems with whoever enabled/allowed him to be left behind all alone in Spacey’s bedroom. Nothing about that scenario sounds OK to me.

And very importantly this does not excuse in any way what Kevin Spacey is alleged to have done.
::yes:: Exactly. My heart bleeds for him and all other vulnerable children who have not been properly protected. If this event took place as reported, it was opportunistic and could not have occurred if somebody with even an ounce of sense had been responsible for Rapp.

Don't worry Paco, one day Spacey will win all sorts of accolades, get standing ovations, celebrities will even name their sons after him. Oh wait, that only happens when you rape 13 year old girls.
Sorry Paco, Spacey's days are done.

Hyperbole as usual. Again, it's just an allegation. Spacey didn't rape Rapp. Not sure why you're going there.

Aw, man... I thought this was a discussion about the final season of House of Cards I'm glad it will soon be over. It was great at first but the last burst of released shows (was it a season, a partial season?) was unbearable!

I was referring to how the statutes are written, as opposed to the commonly used terms such as sexual assault.

Bottom line, this incident is alleged to have occurred when the victim was 14. Then or now, the standard would be the same, a person under 14 cannot consent to sexual acts, period. That's the law.

But again, lying on top of someone is not a sexual act in itself.
At a certain point in time the laws around sexual assault used the word penetration.

Lastly and I am not defending Spacey nor am I a fan, just something I have been wondering as he is being branded a peodophile. Would he have know the boy was 14? Or could he have thought he was a couple of years older, and no longer a minor? Wouldn’t make it ok, doesn’t mean a 29 year old trying to hook up with a 16 or 17 year old isn’t still gross, but I do think the knowledge he had at the time (and therefore intent) makes a big difference in calling him a peadophile.

But again, lying on top of someone is not a sexual act in itself.
At a certain point in time the laws around sexual assault used the word penetration.

Lastly and I am not defending Spacey nor am I a fan, just something I have been wondering as he is being branded a peodophile. Would he have know the boy was 14? Or could he have thought he was a couple of years older, and no longer a minor? Wouldn’t make it ok, doesn’t mean a 29 year old trying to hook up with a 16 or 17 year old isn’t still gross, but I do think the knowledge he had at the time (and therefore intent) makes a big difference in calling him a peadophile.

Yes, as a matter of fact lying on top of someone can be a sexual act in and of itself -- per the law, not per my opinion. Note the words can be, as the purpose of the act comes into play. Under the criminal statutes the purpose would be decided by the finder of fact, which would be either a judge or a jury.

Criminal sexual conduct offenses are not limited to or defined by penetration alone. In the state where I live someone is not charged with a crime of sexual assault or rape. Those are not legal terms. Criminal sexual conduct covers a vast array of offenses, many of which don't in any way involve penetration, but I'm certain you wouldn't dismiss so lightly were they to happen to you, your child, your sister or brother or your best friend.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right, he thought the kid was 16 or 17, so no harm, no foul, no pedophilia.

Terrible incidents happen and there's a hue and a cry -- oh, how could this happen, couldn't anything have been done to stop it? We don't have to look far to see exactly how willing people are to turn their heads because it's too hard to contemplate fixing the problem.

So do you feel the same way about Harvey Weinstein?

It's a lot more about what I think than how I feel. But semantics aside, the two situations are completely different.

The police had audio tape of Weinstein because Ambra Gutierrez bravely and responsibly reported Weinstein to the police just after he had initially assaulted her. The police placed a wire on her and she went back to get evidence against him. From what I understand about the Weinstein situation, it was not until after she had done that and there was solid evidence against him and he had been blacklisted from Hollywood that all of the other victims joined in and made their allegations. Ambra, from what I understand, is the reason that Weinstein was investigated and the reason that police have solid evidence against him.

Rapp waited thirty years before ever saying anything- making it impossible for the police to gather evidence about the incident and extraordinarily difficult for Spacey to defend himself.

I understand that it must be very difficult for a young boy to say anything about such an incident and I am not blaming Rapp for not reporting the incident if it really did happen. I am simply saying that his failure to report it causes a lot more doubt to be placed on the allegation and it is unfair to crucify Spacey based on that allegation alone.

And I might add.... in our legal system, if Rapp had said something and the police had gathered evidence and the court convicted Spacey of sexual assault of a minor, chances are Spacey would have been out of prison (or jail) years (or decades) ago and the system would have said he had already done his time (not saying that is a good thing that people are given such short sentences for such crimes, but that is the way it is).

Now Netflix and possibly fellow cast members are concerned about something he did 30 years ago? Surely if he is such a bad guy that no one can comfortably work with him, there must be something he has done more recently. Suspending production of a show based on an allegation about a 30 year old crime seems absurd.

Last edited:
For those worried about the news of production being suspended, I wouldn't worry, I'm pretty sure this is just temporary. They're not going to forsake a conclusion to the series because of this.

They also have plans for at least one spin-off!

How utterly terrifying that society gives so much power to the words of a single person.

In a world of too many dishonest people, we had all better hope that none of them gets mad at us.

How utterly terrifying that society gives so much power to the words of a single person.

No worries. They usually don't. Even in court.

Rapp waited thirty years before ever saying anything- making it impossible for the police to gather evidence about the incident and extraordinarily difficult for Spacey to defend himself.

What evidence would there have been?

Last edited:
I have loved House of Cards. But I do think in the later seasons that they made the same mistake that Scandal did. Viewers can accept that there are evil people. And in addition that no one is black and white. But have the majority of the characters do horrendous things, and then add multiple times to the tally, it becomes not so interesting anymore.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter