House of Cards Season 6 will be Final Season

The last season was just so...meh for me. During the first few I was completely captivated, but I sort of feel like the character of Frank Underwood...I'm just not sure where they go with him from here?

I know they set it up for him to claw his way back into the White House now that Claire is president but I feel like that'll be retreading the earlier seasons where he worked his way up to being President...which, part of me thinks that could be interesting but I personally never cared for the show as much when the Underwoods weren't an evil duo. Pitting them against one another didn't do it for me in the earlier seasons and I'm not sure it will now either.
Was this pre-planned or did Anthony Rapp kill the show?
Really?? :rolleyes2

----------------------------------------

I'm disappointed in Spacey, he's been one of my favorite actors for awhile now. The statement he put out was just odd - maybe he didn't actually do this, but he didn't deny it. And it was a huge, huge mistake to use this as a moment to come out.

Well, Anthony Rapp is now mainstream. I had never heard of him before. But, I'm just saying. I don't know enough on the story to have an opinion on whether he could be lying about it or not.

Allegations aside, I do find the timing of the announcement of the show being cancelled to be odd. If the show ending had already been decided months ago, why announce it on the same day as the Spacey news? Was the announcement planned and this is a big coincidence? Were they on the fence about ending it and this sealed the deal? Was it a rash decision? Or had it truly been decided and Netflix took the opportunity to make themselves look better by announcing it after this came out?
::yes::

http://tvline.com/2017/10/30/house-of-cards-ending-cancelled-season-6-kevin-spacey/

Multiple sources confirm, however, that the decision to bring HoC to an end was made months ago and was not in response to the allegations. (A Netflix rep confirms this.)

It was the right decision, of course, both because the show had run its course & because it would be in poor taste to continue after learning about Spacey's actions, but they bought themselves some good PR with the timing.

I could net even the get through last season, it was really not good.

There have been whispering about Kevin Spacey for years, so I do not doubt this story at all.. The fact that the victim was a 14 year old makes it even more heinous, so yes, it should effect Spaceys life and career going forward.

There have been whispering about Kevin Spacey for years, so I do not doubt this story at all.. The fact that the victim was a 14 year old makes it even more heinous, so yes, it should effect Spaceys life and career going forward.

Alleged victim

Well, Anthony Rapp is now mainstream. I had never heard of him before. But, I'm just saying. I don't know enough on the story to have an opinion on whether he could be lying about it or not.

Allegations aside, I do find the timing of the announcement of the show being cancelled to be odd. If the show ending had already been decided months ago, why announce it on the same day as the Spacey news? Was the announcement planned and this is a big coincidence? Were they on the fence about ending it and this sealed the deal? Was it a rash decision? Or had it truly been decided and Netflix took the opportunity to make themselves look better by announcing it after this came out?

But do you know that "being mainstream" will boost his career, or are you just assuming? It seems as if he's been a gainfully employed actor for quite some time without the need to be "mainstream".

As far as the announcement, wouldn't surprise me that the revelations generated some questions to the network about the show so they decided to make the statement now rather than closer to the release of the final season.

That's the kind of thing that should happen.

Should happen on the basis of an unproven allegation with no proof?

Now I think Spaceys statement makes him look damn guilty, I also think that Anthony Rapp has nothing to gain by making it up, however I think it is dangerous to move into an area where we are automatically assuming people are guilty and treating them as such without any proof whatsoever ever.
I think it is a difficult line to find no matter what sort of sexual assault or who is involved to question the victim about the incident (to get nessecary details) while supporting them, not retramatising them or making them feel like they aren’t believed while also not assuming the guilt of the alleged attacker and upholding their right to remain innocent until proven guilty.

Now I don’t know if I have misread things but from what I have heard Spacey came onto him, made obvious advances (which is obviously very wrong since he was a teenager), but there was no sexual assault. I personally don’t think you are a victim because someone flirted with you no matter how gross and inappropriate it was (but I apologise if there is more to the actions than what I have read.)

Should happen on the basis of an unproven allegation with no proof?

Now I think Spaceys statement makes him look damn guilty, I also think that Anthony Rapp has nothing to gain by making it up, however I think it is dangerous to move into an area where we are automatically assuming people are guilty and treating them as such without any proof whatsoever ever.
I think it is a difficult line to find no matter what sort of sexual assault or who is involved to question the victim about the incident (to get nessecary details) while supporting them, not retramatising them or making them feel like they aren’t believed while also not assuming the guilt of the alleged attacker and upholding their right to remain innocent until proven guilty.

Now I don’t know if I have misread things but from what I have heard Spacey came onto him, made obvious advances (which is obviously very wrong since he was a teenager), but there was no sexual assault. I personally don’t think you are a victim because someone flirted with you no matter how gross and inappropriate it was (but I apologise if there is more to the actions than what I have read.)

Accounts I have heard say he was picked up by Kevin Spacey, carried to a bed, laid down upon the bed and then Spacey lay down on top of him. While it may not fit within the terminology of "sexual assault" as you understand it, that also goes far beyond "flirting". Particularly where a minor is concerned that behavior may well have fit within the criminal sexual conduct statutes, which include language regarding actions undertaken for sexual gratification.

But do you know that "being mainstream" will boost his career, or are you just assuming? It seems as if he's been a gainfully employed actor for quite some time without the need to be "mainstream".

No, but he wouldn't know that either. He's sure getting a lot of publicity now and don't they say that there's no such thing as bad publicity? I'd imagine that in show biz, it's better for people to know who you are than not. And it goes without saying that some people would craft this accusation, in light of everything going on in the media presently on this same topic, to advance their career. But I have no opinion on whether that's the case here, I was just responding to the PP posing the question.

No, but he wouldn't know that either. He's sure getting a lot of publicity now and don't they say that there's no such thing as bad publicity? I'd imagine that in show biz, it's better for people to know who you are than not. And it goes without saying that some people would craft this accusation, in light of everything going on in the media presently on this same topic, to advance their career. But I have no opinion on whether that's the case here, I was just responding to the PP posing the question.

No such thing as bad publicity? Maybe we should run that by the folks at Netflix, House of Cards, Kevin Spacey?

Considering this allegation is far beyond the statute of limitations, wasn't made through a legal mouthpiece or with threat of civil suit it doesn't seem it was made with much thought to advantage of the one making the allegation. This is an actor with a long history of working on the stage. He doesn't need to be a household name to do that. Stepping forward and telling this story does insure he gets a very white hot spotlight pointed at him, along with a healthy dose of mud and skepticism. Not a lot of benefits or upside for him to speak up.

And people want to bash the Weinstein victims for keeping silent, allowing him to prey on more victims? It's a miracle any victims speak up at all.

Accounts I have heard say he was picked up by Kevin Spacey, carried to a bed, laid down upon the bed and then Spacey lay down on top of him. While it may not fit within the terminology of "sexual assault" as you understand it, that also goes far beyond "flirting". Particularly where a minor is concerned that behavior may well have fit within the criminal sexual conduct statutes, which include language regarding actions undertaken for sexual gratification.

I hadn’t read the lie on top of him part, that does certainly go beyond flirting.
However the terminology of sexual assault as I (or you) understand it-no its the terminology of sexual assault as the law is written. No matter how disgusting we find the behaviour.
Now what is also important is the laws as they were written 30 years ago when the incident happened not how they are written today.

I tend to agree for the most part, although I do wish that more of Hollywood would be positive role models. Far too many are not.

Still, I don't see how these allegations about an event that may or may not have happened over 30 years ago at a party give anyone new reason to feel negatively toward Spacey. The allegation itself is entirely unsupported by any evidence (at least, any that has come out), other than the words of the person making the accusation- and that person has a lot to gain from making the allegation. And he never said anything for 30 years.

With what is going on in Hollywood with the big Me Too campaign, it will be impossible to tell who is telling the truth and who is just seeking attention. Many celebrities could be at risk of having their reputations attacked, and it could be ruinous for some of them. This whole thing could turn into a big witch hunt- and while I imagine some of the accused are guilty, some of them are probably not.

So do you feel the same way about Harvey Weinstein?

If the allegations are true Kevin Spacey did something very wrong. At 14 years of age I would never blame Anthony Rapp. He was too young for this whole situation. I do have to very seriously question his parents or whoever his guardians were at the time. I don’t know how he ended up there but I read that he was at a social gathering at Kevin Spacey’s apartment. Everyone left and Anthony Rapp was there alone in Spacey’s bedroom watching TV. I have problems with a 14 year old partying with adults and even bigger problems with whoever enabled/allowed him to be left behind all alone in Spacey’s bedroom. Nothing about that scenario sounds OK to me.

And very importantly this does not excuse in any way what Kevin Spacey is alleged to have done.

Just read on Google News that filming was suspended indefinitely to address concerns of cast & crew. I hadn't considered how those folks might have felt, being asked to work with such a person. I'm glad Netflix took them into consideration.

Just read on Google News that filming was suspended indefinitely to address concerns of cast & crew. I hadn't considered how those folks might have felt, being asked to work with such a person. I'm glad Netflix took them into consideration.

Except they aren't taking subscribers into consideration and subscribers are paying their salaries.

I haven't started on the last season yet...just can't work myself up for watching it

Except they aren't taking subscribers into consideration and subscribers are paying their salaries.
This subscriber could be satisfied with a rewrite of the script to include some incredibly creative comeuppance for Frank.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter