House Keeping gratuity how to pay question

mom2rose&john

DIS Veteran
I am planning on paying the majority of my expenses with a gift card. Is it possible to pay the housekeeping gratuity at the front desk using a gift card?

Another reason to do it daily is that you can leave a note by the money (or in the envelope that can be printed up labeled "Housekeeper" in English and Spanish) asking for anything that you might need, like extra towels, trash bags or toiletries if they are still provided separately and not in a wall dispenser system.

~NM

What we do is as described by several posters here, we simply leave cash each day in a folded piece of paper marked mousekeeping. Its the easiest way.

I put tip money for housekeeping in envelopes before I leave home and leave one on the bed each day. I also get some $5 and $1 bills to tip the skycaps, bus drivers (DME) valet and bell services and just keep that money in a separate pocket of my bag.

There are other sites out there that have some cool FREE printable envelopes for you to choose from, look for them....
We've done this too when DGD was too young to do it herself
As she got older one of her jobs was to decorate the envelopes for each day. Now that she's a tween her job is to write their note and put the money out each morning.

Housekeeping is a labor-intensive job. They do not *expect* tips, but I think they certainly do appreciate them. We don't have tons of disposable income, but I always leave a little bit-- $4 or $5 a day--as a thank you for cleaning up my kids' and my mess. Occasionally there's a day I have no small bills on me or we rush out to the park and I forget to leave a tip, but I make sure to remember the next day. Sometimes I feel like the guy who rushes out to my uber car to open the door for me expects a tip, and I feel odd about that--I can open my own door--but housekeeping is genuinely tiring and sometimes gross work.

Cash in an envelope taped to the bathroom mirror every day. I write "FOR MOUSKEEPING. THANK YOU!" on the envelope so that there is no doubt that it is a tip for the housekeeper. If I need something extra, I write it on the envelope as well.

To help with confusion on the part of the staff, their position is "housekeeper", not "mousekeeper". If you're worrying about the housekeeper not reading english well, it's best to use their actual position's name.

I mention this because sometimes people label envelopes with "mousekeeping" and the envelopes aren't taken.

I just put cash down on the dresser before I leave for the day. No evelopes or notes (unless I need something, but 99% of the time I don’t.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter