Hound's Perfect Storm 1 Day Report. Report Finished & Cliff Note version on Page 1.

PrettyPrincessBelle, any girl who has a mega-watt smile.....goes into yippee mode for Jonas Bros. tickets :dance3: (@ $100 per ticket)....& enjoys 2+ character meals per DLR trip.....is DEFINITELY a Princess. :thumbsup2

Your posts (& your trip report) always puts a smile on everyone's face. :goodvibes

& any girl who is a lover of Sausages .... is OK by me. :hippie:

:)

Wooohoo! I am princess!!!! princess:

Thank you, Hound!! That was very nice!!!! :hug: :flower3:

Plus I like UT, so I know that makes me ever COOLER to you!!!!! :hippie:

:upsidedow

i've got a brother named darrell & another brother named darrell ;)
:rotfl2:

I wonder how many people got that. DH says it all the time, though in truth he has no brothers. Oh wait... unless he's referring to mine. OK, that fits. :lmao:

In the last installment.....the Hound & the young Padewan had just exited BTMRR for the 4th time (or was it the 5th) & were in a finely tuned groove. Ride the runaway train.....do stuff for an hour.....& then back to the train......rinse & repeat.....(& eat every 88 1/2 minutes ;)).

After exiting the train, we again turned right to take the backway around to Fantasyland. I wanted to ride Storybookland & we both wanted to ride Roger Rabbit. We had thought about riding the train (hopping on next to HM) & riding it to Toon Town , but figured that hoofing it would get us there quicker & besides....we are tireless Jedi's. ;)

A few yards down on the right side of the pathway, a family was stopped & taking a picture of a cactus. I thought to myself "Good...the more folks taking pictures of cacti & stuff.....the fewer people riding rides"....:cool1:...but i was a little TOO quick with the snark & I was wrong. They were not just taking a picture of a cactus......they were taking a picture of a cactus that had.....a Mickey Head!!! Alec & I both agreed that THAT was pretty cool.....but then continued on after 2-3 seconds.....because we had rides to ride. :yay:

Storybookland was again very crowded (it looked like the parade was about to start) & i was bummed because I had ridden it twice on my very first trip to DLR (after 40 years in the wilderness).....once at night & once during the day......(I love the detail on this ride & the relaxing vibe i feel....Storybookland is a wonderful, calm place....& it's smack dab in the middle of crowded Fantasyland (Saturday night) bedlam. But i've missed it each of the past 4 times we've visited DLR....either because it was closed, or because i didn't feel like waiting in the longish line. I must do it next time in the early AM!!!

Onward to Roger Rabbit. It had a perfect 6-8 min. line....perfect because RR is one the most fun queues at DLR. In fact, i enjoy the queue almost as much as the ride....& because of this (imo), it's better to avoid FPing Roger Rabbit...especially if the line is 15 min. or less.

After successfully outsmarting those dastardly weasels & avoiding the "Dip" (which i guess is the same stuff they used on the Wicked Witch of the West")......but not spending NEARLY enough time with our sweet friend Jessica Rabbit ;).....the Hound Jedi's departed Toon Town. Alec is a year or two past the age that Toon Town has much of an interest for him (except for RR)....so it was off to conquer new frontiers.

Walking back towards Fantasyland, (& walking behind those tall shrub/trees, since the pathway in front of IASW was blocked off & had there were hundreds sitting down in anticipation for the parade),..... I couldn't believe my eyes. A group of people were boarding onto a boat on Storybookland.....AND THERE WAS NO LINE!!!:hyper: Alec & i raced over & the nice CM politely informed me that Storybookland would be closed for half an hour.... because of the parade. :headache: Rats!!! Foiled again!!!!!

Alec....being the observent Padewan that he is....& wanting to make his ol' Dad feel better......said "it's ok Dad.....there's no line for the Teacups".....and he pointed over to the 4-5 people happily waiting in line for that most evil of rides....that Mad Hatter's Tea Cups....whose line was barely 20 feet away. :crazy2: Having successfully avoided this ride on our last two visits to DLR.....I was busted. At least it was a pretty night (i figured) & the lanterns looked cool & after all....how much damage could a 60 lb padewan do to a slowly spinning cup??

After sitting down into our cup (which had virtually NO line...even though the area around it was JAMMED with people), i asked a nice lady in the cup next to our's, if she could take a pic....interestingly, the cups are so close together that I could reach out & hand her the camera. Here's Hound & the Padewan....hoping that Texas Tech & Bama losses... so the their beloved Horns can return to their rightful spot in the College Football Natl Champ Game. (hook'em):

candi060.jpg

Just as the spinning ride from h*ll began moving,.... a miracle occurred.....the parade (that we didn't intend to watch)...started to pass by & we (kind of) had an unblocked front row seat. The cups were moving around, but Alec & i didn't spin our little death trap cup because we were watching the cool floats go by. :dance3: But after a couple of floats, our little padewan got tired of the watching & waving & decided to start spinning, but thankfully the ride was about half over & I survived it.....knackwursts, jalapeno cheese pretzels & dole whips all intact. :thumbsup2

After exiting the tea cups, the parade was still passing, so we went back thru FantasyLand..... first we checked on Toady (the line was still pretty long, rats....) & then decided to start head back towards that wacky runaway train....aka BTMRR. BUT.....since we had survived those evil teacups....& were about to board the wildest ride in the wilderness....we figured that NOW was probably about as good a time as any ........to grab some Mexican food. :tongue:

....Lucky for us, we were walking right by the good ol' Rancho del Zocalo. Where we were able to split an order of beef soft tacos & also a slice of tres leches cake. (& for those not familiar.....Tres Leches Cake, after the fast pass machine...... is probably the greatest item EVER invented in North America). The tacos provided necessary fuel for our young padewan (with the hollow leg).... & we both enjoyed the tres leches cake (using two plastic forks, of course :)).....not quite as good as the homemade versions that i used to enjoy when people would bring them on birthdays when i worked in San Antonio......but darn good for theme park food. :thumbsup2

As everyone here knows....the Zocalo is next door to the BTMRR, so we walked a few steps......picked up a FP (of course)......observed the one hour return.....observed that there was a 45 min. standby wait......& used our old FPs to enter..... & walked by the 636 people in the standby line......who grumbled as we walked (with a purpose) by them :rolleyes1 .....& we boarded the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness for the 5th time.....or was it the 6th?..... (but the first time at night :cool2: ) following a FP wait line of about 2 minutes. :p

Just as much fun the fifth (or 6th?) time of the day as it was the first time. :banana:

Next up....will we make it to the fireworks??

& if not, is it possible to carry a 9 y/o sleeping Padewan filled with 23 lbs of Disney junk food??..... & How far??

I'm with you on Storybook Land. It's one of the best attractions in the park. I prefer to ride it after 11:30pm. Almost no crowd and it's really cool with all the nighttime lighting.

they were taking a picture of a cactus that had.....a Mickey Head!!!
oooooh, I'll have to try to look for that next time.
Just as the spinning ride from h*ll began moving,.... a miracle occurred.....the parade (that we didn't intend to watch)...started to pass by & we (kind of) had an unblocked front row seat. The cups were moving around, but Alec & i didn't spin our little death trap cup because we were watching the cool floats go by. :dance3: But after a couple of floats, our little padewan got tired of the watching & waving & decided to start spinning, but thankfully the ride was about half over & I survived it.....knackwursts, jalapeno cheese pretzels & dole whips all intact. :thumbsup2
Congrats on surviving the teacups. I wouldn't have attempted to ride that thing if I'd eaten all that you guys had. Boy, you really are a brave jedi knight.
Tres Leches Cake, after the fast pass machine...... is probably the greatest item EVER invented in North America).
mmmmmm..... tasty
Next up....will we make it to the fireworks??

& if not, is it possible to carry a 9 y/o sleeping Padewan filled with 23 lbs of Disney junk food??..... & How far??

:lovestruc your writing style. you've got me hooked. Can't wait for more!

A few yards down on the right side of the pathway, a family was stopped & taking a picture of a cactus. I thought to myself "Good...the more folks taking pictures of cacti & stuff.....the fewer people riding rides".......but i was a little TOO quick with the snark & I was wrong. They were not just taking a picture of a cactus......they were taking a picture of a cactus that had.....a Mickey Head!!!

Someone just posted a picture of a Mickey head shaped cacti! It was probably them!!!

Alec & i raced over & the nice CM politely informed me that Storybookland would be closed for half an hour.... because of the parade

Whaa? What is it that the boats can't run with the parade going by? The musica? Hmmm. I never knew that!

Here's Hound & the Padewan....hoping that Texas Tech & Bama losses... so the their beloved Horns can return to their rightful spot in the College Football Natl Champ Game. (hook'em):

WOOO! Everytime we're out somewhere and I see burnt orange, I always tell DBF "Look! A Texas shirt!". "Look! That little boy is wearing a Texas hat!!" We don't see very many UT fans here in CA. More USC. Blech.

I figured I'd end this already. (two major holidays & a month - & a new year - have passed).

Since young Alec & I had successfully done the BTMRR two step again (we would ride the wildest ride in the wilderness after picking up a FP for this attraction for an hour later)....& it was now dark & past 8pm, we decided it was time to use our Space Mountain FP that we had picked up at 9:02am.

We glanced at the Standy Sign (55 minute wait) at SM as we hustled thru the FP line in about 7 minutes. Got a front row seat :banana: & enjoyed SM for our second time of the day (12 hours apart). I was a little woosy after the very long day & after the multiple rides on Big Thurnder, but Alec had no side effects & was glad we got to ride it again.

An aside - When we visited DLR a year & a half ago (i think), SM had some ROCKIN' music & had the lights on.....i loved this diversion & wished that they would offer this option at certain times of day (or certain days).

BOT - After a pit stop & a quick glance at Buzz (30 min. standby, so we passed), I asked Alec if he wanted to join the throngs who were beginning to stake out positions around the hub & on Main St. for the fireworks that were to begin in 40 minutes (at 9:20pm i think). Alec (& his Dad) are not known for our patience (but are known for our healthy vegetarian diets ;)) & instead we decided to stroll thru Adventureland & around the Rivers of America on the way back to OUR personal "Hub".....BTMRR (so we could use our final FP). With many folks already at or heading towards the real HUB in front of the castle, we enjoyed an uncrowded night time stroll thru some of our favorite parts of Walt's park.

At 9pm we boarded BTMRR for our final ride (just as good as the other 6 times we rode it :)) & then headed back to Main St. to snag a spot for the fireworks. Sitting near the Main St. Bakery, the young Padewan asked if the bakery had any "real food" like corny dogs in there. I replied that "no, the bakery didn't have Corny Dogs.....but that the little red truck across the street might". So Alec held down our spots on Main St. & the hound headed across the street & a few extra steps on his final corny dog run of the day (to purchase the Padewan's third dinner of the day).

We took turns munching on the corny dog & sipping the water bottle that I had re-filled in Adventureland..... & I think the sitting down hit him.....hard. Alec looked up and asked "Dad....do we have to watch the fireworks?"

Translation - "Dad, I've been up since 6:15am & if i sit here much longer, I'm going to morph into a vegatative state & you're gonna have to toss me over your shoulder for that LONG walk down Main St., thru DTD, thru the GCH across the street & over to the PP parking garage."

I said "no problem buddy....we've seen them before & we'll see them again.....you ready to call it a day?".

He nodded yes, & handed me the 2/3rds eaten corny dog (which i finished) & we began the trek back to the Paradise Pier. Oddly (ironically...or luckily?) the fireworks ended up getting cancelled that night so our departure at 9:15pm from DLR ended up being a wise one.

My Padewan made it thru DTD & into the GCH before devolving from zombie state to comotose & he traveled the final couple hundred yards over the Hound's shoulder.....no complaints....the dude was a trooper & had completed all missions that were asked of him that day. :thumbsup2

So at 9:30pm, Padewan Alec was horizontal in the back seat of the impalamobile & the Hound eased the vehicle out of the PP garage & onto the I 5 heading north.... having successfully completing a fun-filled One Day (13 hour) visit to Walt's park (& DCA) with his favorite wing man (& future Jedi Warrior).

A great DLR day.... with no stinkin' buses, no shopping & no princesses.....but plenty of dis-healthy, counter-food consumption & plenty of Jedi Warrior-worthy rides enjoyed by the Hounds from Central Texas.

Time to plan another trip. :cool2:

Thanks for the last update Hound. We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger. :scared1: :laughing:

BTW, I love this quote:
"Dad, I've been up since 6:15am & if i sit here much longer, I'm going to morph into a vegatative state & you're gonna have to toss me over your shoulder for that LONG walk down Main St., thru DTD, thru the GCH across the street & over to the PP parking garage."

Someone just posted a picture of a Mickey head shaped cacti! It was probably them!!!

Can you link that thread, I'd like to see it prettyprincessbelle.

WOOO! Everytime we're out somewhere and I see burnt orange, I always tell DBF "Look! A Texas shirt!". "Look! That little boy is wearing a Texas hat!!" We don't see very many UT fans here in CA. More USC. Blech.

Well, UT & USC (& Utah) got the scr*w job this year. I refuse to watch any college football game after Thanksgiving because it's basically an exhibition season...with American Idol type competitions & judges.

This year there is now a legit "final four" (USC, Texas, Utah & FL)....none any more a compelling # 1 than the other. But If there's no playoff, I don't care (& didn't care) about any of the games. In our state High School football is a much better form of entertainment than post season college football. :)

Thanks for the last update Hound. We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger. :scared1: :laughing:

Thanks DLR. :)

& to anyone interested, I compiled (on the first page) a bullet point list of the day's activities. See below:

I'm aware that many who post here (particularly WDW vets) unfortunately only dedicate ONE (or two) days for Walt's park (& DCA).

In an attempt to provide info to the one day commando.....I'll attempt to summarize our 13 hour day in an easy read Recap:

Date - Thursday 10/8/08 (spur of the moment trip)

Stayed Wednesday night at the PP (in order to get MM the next morning).

My DS/9 Padewan Alec & I know the park well & enjoy zigging when others are zagging & also enjoy commando'ing DLR.

- Up at 6:15am in the Paradise Pier.
- Had a surprisingly good & convenient room service breakfast for one (that DS/9 Alec & I split)
- Out the door at 7:16am (walked across the street, thru the GCH & thru DTD to the Security Gate at 7:25am)
- 5th or 6th in line at the Security Gate, which opened at 7:30am. 2nd in line at one of the MM turnstiles at 7:32am.
- 8am Entered for Magic Morning (a priviledge we qualified for because we stayed at a Disney hotel...even though we only had a one day ticket.) General Admission would be at 9am that day.

We did in order for MM:

- Peter Pan (always first) One of the first couple of people on.
- We skipped Dumbo which would have been next. (but kid didn't want to ride it)
- So we did Alice in Wonderland next.
- Matterhorn first one side....then the other side.
- (skipped the Teacups for now) & rode Mr. Toad. All of the above we enjoyed with no lines...because we were first on PP.
- We skipped the Carousel & Nemo because we didn't want to ride & skipped Pinocchio & Snow White because they rarely have a line & we'd do them later.
- Buzz Light Year (no line)
- Space Mountain (5 min. line)
- Pit stop next to SM. It's now 9am so we picked up our first FP of the day (here at SM).

9:05am....off to the left side of the park.

- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad aka BTMRR (not opened yet.....would open in 15-20 min.....rats)
- Holiday HM (not opened yet....would open in 15-20 min.....double rats) This rarely happens, but not to worry if it does.
- Indy - 20 min. wait & 10 minute ride. (I would have FP Indy at 10am if we had been successful at riding BTMRR & HM, but because BTMRR & HM weren't open yet, i made a quick change in plans.)
- Picked up a Holiday HM FP at 9:55am (not needed or availble except at Holiday periods)
- Splash Mtn. - 15 min. wait.
- Cookies at Pooh Corner (because we like a little snack at 10:20 am).
- Skipped Pooh because kid didn't want to ride it.
- BTMRR - 6 min. line.
- Picked up BTMRR FP at 10:45am (our third).
- Walked down Main St. & hopped to DCA with 3 FPs in our pocket to use at DL later in the day.

DCA

- Pick up a FP at Soarin at 10:55am.
- Since we needed to check out of the Paradise Pier & were going to the hotel (& also because FP wasn't available at Griz that day) we elected to ride Grizzily Rapids now. If it had been hot out, we would have picked up a FP at this time, since this ride would have had a line & because Griz is a disconnected FP ride. And then we would have ridden something else (toy story? Monsters?). But there was no line at Griz (& we were going to our room), so we rode it now.
- Got a little wet on Griz Rapids, but no worries because we would be in our room changing socks etc. in 5 minutes.

Check Out & Mid Day Rest

- Walked into the GCH side entrance, picked up a to go lunch (to split) at Whitewater Snacks, crossed the street into the Paradise Pier.
- Ate lunch, packed, checked out & I put our luggage in our rental car in the garage while Alec relaxed about 45 min. & watched TV.
- Out of our room at 12:25pm (only about 90 min. past checkout ).
- Back thru the GCH into DCA. (5 min. walk)

- Picked up a California Screamin' FP at 12:35pm.
- Toy Story Mania - (30 min. line) but munched on a churro bought from the nearby churro stand.
- 1:20pm - Alec rode the Orange Stinger (no line), while i watched & strategized.
- 1:30pm - Grabbed a Corny Dog & a Coke from the Corn Dog palace & sat next to the Zephyr and munched.
- 1:40pm - Rode the Golden Zephyr (no line).
- 1:50pm - Rode Screamin' with our FPs (no line).
- 2pm - Alec rode King Triton's Carousel (next door) while I rode Screamin' again in the Single Rider line.
- 2:15pm - Grabbed a Jalepeno Cheese Pretzel, crossed over the bridge back toward the front of DCA. Glanced at the Pier Food Courts & also the Tratoria...both were fairly empty & had we had Mrs Hound, we would have stopped at one for a nice al fresco lunch, since it was a pretty sunny day (probably the Trat).

- 2:30 - Decided to pass on Bug's Life, we've done it often & like it, but with only one day we skipped it & other Flik rides except:
- 2:40 - Heimlich's Choo Choo (Guilty Pleasure ride that cracks us both up.) 10 min. wait (but we finished our Pretzel in line).
- Took a few pictures in & near Sunshine Plaza.
- Monsters Inc. (10 min. wait)
- Turtle Talk with Crush (we love it each time) 5 min. wait & 20 min. show.
- We passed on Tower of Terror (Alec hates drops) & the Aladdin Show (WHICH IS A MUST DO!!!!) was closed that day.
- We've done Muppets over a dozen times. We like it (alot), but would prefer something new (so we passed).
- 3:15pm ish - Used our FP for Soarin'. Once at boarding, we waited one cycle so we could ride on the top row (row A). Always worth it.
- Walking back toward Sunshine Plaza, we spotted an Ice Cream stand. Grabbed a Mickey Bar to share (because we can ).

Hopped back over to DL at around 3:40pm.

- Entered DL decided to ride the Horse Drawn Carriage Taxi (with a few other people)....it was fun.
- Hopped off the Carriage in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle & walked into Frontierland & picked up a FP at BTMRR.
- 4pm - Rode BTMRR (no wait with FP.....50 min. standby line).
- Rode Pirates of the Carribean (line was out into the street, but it moves fast & we boarded in less than 10 min.)
- 4:40pm Holiday HM (using our FPs from this morning). Over an hour standy wait, less than 10 minutes with our FPs.
- Grabbed some fries & cotton candy & sat & looked out at the island formerly known as Tom Sawyer's. We did Pirate's Island last time & decided to skip it this time. It's a must for young ones though & is a great place to romp during the crowded afternoon.

- Back to BTMRR. Picked up a FP (for return in an hour) & rode it again. (50 min. standy line, but our FP line was 2-3 min.)
- Stepped into the the Golden Horseshoe & watched the Billy's Hillbilly Music show for 10 minutes.
- Strolled around the corner into Adventureland & climbed Tarzan's Tree.
- Walked by Indy (an hour standby line at 5:50pm) & enjoyed a 5 minute wait for Jungle Cruise (a nice ride to rest on & also one of our favorites).
- Walked next door & passed by the LONG line at the Dole Whip stand & entered the Tiki Room outdoor waiting area. Alec purchased a Dole Whip Float (for us to split) in the non-existent line on the Waiting area side. We sat down & enjoyed the island tropical sights & sounds while we slurped our Dole Whip. When the Tiki doors opened & all went in, we exited back towards the HUB. The outside line for Dole Whips had hardly moved. Looked at our watch & it was time for our BTMRR FP return.

- Repeated the BTMRR drill. Picked up a FP (return in an hour). Walked by a 55 min. standby line & rode BTMRR again (2 min. FP line.) Sat in the back row, because we asked & because Alec wanted to.
- Took the back way around & toured for about 5 minutes the fabulous Carved Pumpkins in the Big Thunder Ranch Area.
- Continued on thru Fantasyland & rode Pinocchio & Snow White (both with 5 minute or less lines). I personally think Pinocchio is a great little ride with wonderful details & the fact it's not offered at WDW should make it a Must Do for the WDW Vet.
- We continued into ToonTown to ride or pick up a FP Roger Rabbit, but both the ride & FP machine were temporarily shut down..
- .....so we consoled ourselves with a couple of Knackwursts from the Enchanted Cottage (aka as the Sausage Joint) next to the Princess Fantasy Fair (no line). Good quick food for a carnivore & a quiet sitting area to eat & relax.
- Both Casey's Train & Storybookland had moderate (& slow moving) lines & Alec is not a big fan....he also stated again that he didn't want to ride Dumbo (which had a big line), nor the Carousel (which didn't). So we headed back to our personal "HUB" the BTMRR.
- Same drill. Picked up a FP with an hour return. Strolled past the 55 min. standby line in 3 min. & rode BTMRR again with a FP.

- 6:50pm - At this point it was getting dark...& we returned thru FL (where the parade was getting ready to start) to Roger Rabbit.
- 3 min. line thru the second best queue at DL & rode RR. Back thru FL, we tried to Storybookland, but it was closed for the Parade.
- No line for the Madhatters Tea Cups, so I had no good reason to object (except for all the junk food we've eaten), so we rode it.
- Watched the parade for a few minutes while we waited for the Tea Cups to get started.
- On our way back to BTMRR, stopped at Rancho del Zocolo & split a plate of beef fajita tacos & a tres leches cake & relaxed.

- 8:15pm - Picked up our final BTMRR FP, walked by the 55 min. standby line & enjoyed BTMRR (again) following a 2 min. FP line.
- After BTMRR we crossed the HUB (which was getting crowded prior to the Fireworks & headed toward Space Mountain.
- Used our FP (that we picked up at 9am) & walked by the 65min. standby line & rode SM following a 7 min. FP line.
- Chose not to ride Buzz (because of the 30 min. line & because we rode it that morning) & meandered thru AdventureLand & FrontierLand on our way back to BTMRR.
- 9pm - Used our final FP at BTMRR. Walked by the 45min. standby line & had a great ride following a 2 min. FP line.
- Sat down on a curb on Main St. near the HUB. Alec wanted a corny dog, so i bought one at the nearby red Corn Dog Truck.
- At 9:15pm (waiting in anticipation for the 9:20 or 9:30pm Fireworks). Alec asked if we could skip the Fireworks (he was done).
- Instead of pushing it, we walked back towards the Paradise Pier. He made as far as the GCH & I carried the young Padewan the final 200 yards (to the Paradise Pier parking garage) over my shoulder.
- 9:35pm - Pulled the car out of the the PP garage & onto I 5 heading north.

NUMBER OF RIDES & ATTRACTIONS WE ENJOYED THAT DAY - 38

NUMBER OF MEALS ALEC & I SPLIT - 6

NUMBER OF SNACKS ALEC & I SPLIT - 6

NUMBER OF TIMES WE RODE BTMRR - 6

RIDES/ATTRACTIONS (that we skipped) THAT I WOULD HAVE MADE TIME FOR IF I WAS A WDW VET AT DLR FOR ONLY 2-3 DAYS:

STORYBOOKLAND CANAL RIDE, IT'S A SMALL WORLD (far prettier at DLR & especially the holiday version), TIKI ROOM, TOON TOWN, JEDI TRAINING ACADEMY (if you have a 4 - 11 y/o), PIRATE'S LAIR ISLAND, THE FIREWORKS, THE ALADDIN SHOW, MULLHOLLAND MADNESS. (I don't have an opinion on Princess stuff or parades).

RIDES / ATTRACTIONS (that we skipped) THAT ALEC & I WOULD HAVE DONE HAD WE HAD TWO FULL DAYS (or one & a half days) INSTEAD OF JUST ONE:

STORYBOOKLAND, PIRATES ISLAND, MULLHOLLAND MADNESS, TOWER OF TERROR, STAR TOURS, MATTERHORN (twice more), TOADIE (again), HM (again), Pirates/JungleCruise/Indy/Splash/California Screamin'/Soarin' (again).

MEALS WE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE ENJOYED HAD WE BEEN THERE FOR 2-3 DAYS:

THE TRATORIA (late lunch or early dinner), A STICH OR GOOFY'S CHARACTER BRUNCH (after MM), CARNATION CAFE (brunch).

Oh gracious, I didn't notice you'd finished it up! I'm so sorry.

Sounded like a good ending!

38 attractions...isn't it amazing what a plan, and before that plan is made, just knowing what you want to do, can do for you?

So have you planned the next trip yet?:goodvibes

Yay, you finished! That definitely means it's time to start planning a new trip.
I really like how you summarized the whole trip. That could be a great tool for DLR newbies.

Wow. A boy that wants to skip fireworks and the rest of his corny dog is one tired puppy! :thumbsup2

What an awesome whirlwind tour that day must have been! When's the next one? ;)

Hey Hound! :wave: Wow! You just made my head spin in your whirl of a day! The next time I go, I know to PM you for advice for how to get things done in that park! ;)

I’m glad that you and your son had a wonderful trip. You guys made me hungry with all of the food that you ate. I’m glad that the two of you had a lot of fun. :thumbsup2

I'd like to add that you have a beautiful family. :goodvibes

38, wow. I think my record is 33. You win. :lmao: Sounds like such a fun trip.

Well, UT & USC (& Utah) got the scr*w job this year. I refuse to watch any college football game after Thanksgiving because it's basically an exhibition season...with American Idol type competitions & judges.

This year there is now a legit "final four" (USC, Texas, Utah & FL)....none any more a compelling # 1 than the other. But If there's no playoff, I don't care (& didn't care) about any of the games. In our state High School football is a much better form of entertainment than post season college football. :)

I can't find that picture! It was either on the picture of the day thread or one of the sticky picture threads. Well, I'll find it for you! :thumbsup2

Jesus said the SAME thing about college football after Thanksgiving. I know he watched all the bowls though.

He's also told me what a big deal HS football is in Texas! I really enjoy our local HS football games and teams. I can imagine what it's like there!

:cheer2: For finished TR!! Do you and Alec have another trip planned?

Oh gracious, I didn't notice you'd finished it up! I'm so sorry.

Sounded like a good ending!

38 attractions...isn't it amazing what a plan, and before that plan is made, just knowing what you want to do, can do for you?

So have you planned the next trip yet?:goodvibes

I'm thinking late Feb, bumber. :thumbsup2

& you're right Bumber.....having a plan helps. It changed (of course) often. I did "the plan" when i was flying out. Had a couple of ridemax scenarios & a DLR & DCA map & put it together. Literally wrote it down on the back of rental car confirmation page.

We rode the first 6-7 rides in order & then had to change on the fly because of temp. ride closures etc. I'd refer to it every hour or so to make sure i didn't miss any big items. But as you know....it helps having a good handle on the park, but most importantly (also as you know) it helps to get there early & have a pocket full of FPs by 1-2pm. ::yes::

Yay, you finished! That definitely means it's time to start planning a new trip.
I really like how you summarized the whole trip. That could be a great tool for DLR newbies.

Thanks BillyFan....I summarized it because i was inspired by Hydroguy's "How to use FP at DLR on a crowded/busy day" thread. I remember reading it for the first time & going "so THATS how someone is able to work the parks". :scratchin :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter