Hound's Perfect Storm 1 Day Report. Report Finished & Cliff Note version on Page 1.

Hound, you too busy scheming your next DLR visit to finish up this report? :confused3

Come'on, don't string us along . . . just finish her up already. :cheer2:

PS / Yes, I am Elvis Billy's biggest fan. Well, at least I was until Tina came along with all her screaming and hair pulling. :sad2: :rolleyes1 Now we have to share him. :love1:

Hoooooouuuuunnnnnnndddddd......

Where's the update???? :bored:

From Pixleyyy Yeah, where's the update. We don't mean to HOUND you ....

From DangerMouse Hound, you too busy scheming your next DLR visit to finish up this report?

Come'on, don't string us along . . . just finish her up already.

(hound <------always scheming. :lmao: )

.....So our young padewan & his dad are departing the oft' maligned DCA (which imo has 4 of the top 6 attractions at DLR)....with mickey bar chocolate smeared on our lips & we are walking the 100 yards over to Walt's Park. (as opposed to having to ride on two stinkin' buses for 45 min. if you wanted to park hop at at WDW ;))

It's 3:30pmish, the temps are in the 70s & the sun is out. We walk thru the archway under everyone's favorite sign (which young Alec likes to read out loud, while other Walt lovers around him smile in agreement)....& out onto the Main Street Square (which in the little german town i used to live in, we would call the "plaza").

A glance up behind us confirmed that the train was just heading out (rats...I was hoping to hop over to the HM), but in front of us a Horse Drawn Carriage was pulling up. I've never riden in a Carriage or in a vehicle down Main Street (or if i did, it was 40+ years ago).... & decided that now would be the perfect time to start. It was great. A nice rest for the feet & there were nice (& informative) CMs.... along with nice riders (from all over the world). We were dumped off in front of the Castle & then Japanese tourists took turns getting their picture taken next to our huge & attractive horse (who had lugged us up Main Street). I can't remember the horse's name (I must ask our padewan, since he has a mind like a steel trap....except for possibly math, or social studies, or science, or maybe english or other stuff......kind of like his old man).....but we did find out that our beast of burden works 4 hours a day 3 days a week. (Not a bad gig. :thumbsup2 )

We patted our nameless horse on his head & decided that it was time to hurtle thru & around mountains in a runaway train.....because we have a FP :hippie: ....& also because it's our padewan's favorite ride. :yay: But first (of course) we picked up a BTMRR FP (because cool dis'ers alwasy pick up a FP upon re-entering DL ::yes:: ).

VERY INTERESTING.....FP return was about 1 hr....standby line was 50 min. Will someone explain to me why the sheep are in line when they could be watching the Billys....or walking thru & admiring the neatly carved pumpkins at Big Thurnder Ranch....or slurping on a Dole Whip....or something?? Anyways... we picked up a new FP for BTMRR & then rode it again using our old FP (3 min. wait & our second time on BTMRR).

Next, we headed over to to Yo Ho Ho (which if you've just started reading is what our young padewan used to call Pirates when he was 4 y/o). I love Pirates....(as does everyone reading this) ......but for me, it's a once a day ride (as opposed to SM or BTMRR or the Matterhorn or Screamin', which are attractions we could ride many times in a day). But one great thing about Pirates, is that even if the line is out near the entrance (which it was for us)....it moves crazy fast. We were on in less than 10 min.....which is the perfect number of minutes for enjoying the details of this queue...the fountains, the outside building & (when moving indoors) the overpriced Monte Christo joint...er....I mean the romantic "Blue Bayou Restaurant". :)) Alec & I looked for (& found) ol' Jack Sparrow (3 times).....we looked for (& found) the hidden mickey on the breast plate near the end of the ride.....& we both enjoyed the pigs, the dog with the keys, the healthy lady chasing the pirate in circles....& also the politically incorrect sequense of that dude (the mayor?) getting dunked in the water while his wife shouts out for him to not be a "cheeekin". It cracks me up every time. :laughing:

Next up....Holiday HM. Our second time with the holiday version (but we've ridden the regular version dozens of times)....& it was great as always. The crowds there in the late afternoon were brutal (over an hour wait). But the padewan & I had our FPs that we had picked up that morning, so our wait was about 10 minutes. At the very end of the ride (on the escalator) Alec & i both promised the sweet lady that we'd return another day after she asked very nicely for us to Come Back.... ;).

It had been over 2 hours since we had consumed (& split) a corny dog & over an hour since we had split a cheese pretzel & mickey bar.....so we decided it was time to look for a nice healthy mid-afternoon snack. We couldn't find the celery, carrots & granola cart.....so we settled on french fries & cotton candy...thus knocking out those two important food groups for the day. Washed it down with a chocolate milk. :3dglasses

Guess what???? An hour had passed so it was time to pick up a FP....so we ambled over to a very wild wilderness ride (the wildest, i'm told).....& snagged another FP.....& we looked at the return time (1 hour....again).....& we looked at the standby line (still 1 hour) :upsidedow ......so the Padewan & I (of course) rode BTMRR (for the 3rd time) using the previous FP (& using the 3 min. FP line)......probably passing 850 - 865 people slowly shuffling forward in the standby line.... many grumbling at us as we walked (with a purpose) past them. :rolleyes1

Since it was 5pmish, I asked the young Padewan if there were any other rides that he wanted to plan for (other than the FPs we already had in our pockets)....& he replied that we should just keep riding (& picking up FPs) BTMRR each hour.....while doing other stuff in between. So that's what we did. :cool2:

I heard the sounds of Mountain Music nearby, so I dragged Alec (kicking & screaming ;)) into the Golden Horseshoe since BillyFan's & DangerMouse's favorite band had just begun a show. There weren't any seats, so we went upstairs & stood behind a couple of tables. They first played a fun (silly) song & then broke into "Orange Blossom Special".....& you know what....they're pretty good. :thumbsup2

I've seen (or heard) this song performed over a dozen times & their's was dang near CharlieDanielsworthy. Unfortunately, my Padewan was pinching me (HARD) on my arm after the song.....& was giving me the stink eye & he told me he wanted to bail......the little dude obviously hasn't developed a taste for Classical music yet.

We hung a left outside the Horseshoe (& another left) & decided to climbed the tree (because it was there)....next, we passed by Indy (it had a 50 min. standby line & is another one of those "once a day is enough" rides for me) & we decided it was time for another one of our guilty pleasure rides.....because really.....you can never see the backside of water TOO often. :duck:

Alec & I both love the Jungle Cruise because we both LOVE corny jokes...(& corny dogs)....the corny'er the better. After the JC, it was time for a fruity refreshment....& we happened to be near a place that specializes in such tasty treats. So we walked around all the people (who don't read the Disboard) standing in the VERY long line outside the Tiki Room & pretended that we wanted to see the show & entered the TIKI room outdoor waiting area. I gave Alec a 5'er to buy us a Dole Whip Float (to share) & told Alec to go stand & order where there was NO line. Funny....as Alec was waiting for his Float, others in the waiting area (who apparently didn't realize they could buy one on THEIR side of the booth) hopped up & created a line behind Alec. We sat & slurped up our float while listening to the Gods of Rain, Mountains, Thunder & other stuff....doing their schtick outside. It was actually a pretty cool little audio & visual show. When it was time for everyone to go into the Tiki Room show....Alec & I instead headed toward the exit (since Alec didn't want to do this unless he was with Mrs. Hound....since it's her favorite) & as we exited we waived to the Non Dis'ers still standing in the VERY long line waiting for Dole Whips. ;)

With a few minutes left before our FP return at BTMRR, we asked a nice person to take a pic of the fearless commandos at the Dia de los Muertos Celebration area:

candi058.jpg

Same BTMRR drill......pick up a FP, observe the 1 hour FP return, observe the 50 min. standby line wait, pass the 850 people in line since our FP line was 2 min., & ride the wildest ride in the wilderness (this time in the back row :yay: ). At this point it is still light out & about 6pm, and we decided to hang a right after exiting BTMRR (btw, we didn't see the dream team once all day :() & walked thru the the Big Thunder Ranch area. What a cool bunch of pumpkins (& pumpkin carvings)!!!.....whoever does that work is really talented.

As usual, Pinocchio & SW had little or no lines (even though the rest of Fantasyland was packed with people), so we rode them now. I really like Pinocchio (& also Alice)....I love the details & I see something new each time i ride it (them). After these riding these two dark rides, we continued thru FL. Both Casey's Train & Storybookland had medium (which means slow loading & long waiting) lines, so we passed them up & headed over to Toon Town.....where Roger Rabbit was not only temporarily closed.... :headache:....but it's FP machine was down as well.

I hate when that happens.....but have decided that whenever it does happen, it's always best to go eat a knackwurst. Lucky for us, we were near the almost always empty Enchanted Cottage Sweets & Treats (aka the Sausage Joint)....& the reason it's almost always empty is because Princesses (& mommies of Princesses) don't like Sausages....which is OK by us.....because we do. :thumbsup2

Alec & I each got a knackwurst & chips & split a coke & a german chocolate cake...sat down at an empty table (in an empty area) & munched on our knackwursts & fist bumped with the knowledge that all was right in the world.

With full bellys, we strolled (with a purpose) thru Fantasyland. Storybookland still had a moderate line, Alec turned down Dumbo & the Carousel, & we glanced up & saw the mean witch above Snow White...& then she disappeared. Since an hour had passed, it was time to return to our own Personal Hub....so we hung a right near the castle, made a pit stop near the secret bathroom next to Zocallo restaurant.....& then continued on to....The Wildest Ride in the Wilderness.

Same drill: Pick up a FP, observe the hour return time, observe the hour standby line, stroll past 850 lemings.....er.... disney guests in the standby line as we eventually board from our 3 min. FP line.

Alec whispers to me that he could ride BTMRR all day (& all night) long. i replied......"yeah...i kind of figured that out, buddy."

With snakes, a Goat (who wanted to know where his knackwurst was), earthquakes, runnaway trains, etc.....it's a wonder we survived the night.

Next up.....If you eat 3 dinners,... would a Knackwurst sandwich consumed at 6:20pm be considered an appetizer, a late lunch, or something else??

:)

since Alec didn't want to do this unless he was with Mrs. Hound....since it's her favorite

Awwww, sweet boy-o.

Alec whispers to me that he could ride BTMRR all day (& all night) long......"yeah...i kind of figured that out buddy."

Awwww.

Yay for updates, especially good ones full of out of control mine trains!

Another great update. When you think about it, the Enchanted Cottage placement is a great example of counterprograming. Women can use bratwurst and german chocolate cake to entice the men in their lives to wait at the PFF. I experienced the PFF once and that was enough(of course I did not have bratwurst to munch on while waiting in line), though I did see Princess Aurora, which more than made up for the lack of bratwurst.

Somebody on another board told me that his wife and one of her friends made him practice his curtsy so he could how off his curtsy to a princess in return for a piece of German Chocolate cake. He did say it was worth it in the end only because the cake was so good.

good job ignoring that smelly stink eye long enough to hear the hillbillies!

I heard the sounds of Mountain Music nearby, so I dragged Alec (kicking & screaming ) into the Golden Horseshoe since BillyFan's & DangerMouse's favorite band had just begun a show. There weren't any seats, so we went upstairs & stood behind a couple of tables. They first played a fun (silly) song & then broke into "Orange Blossom Special".....& you know what....they're pretty good.

I've seen (or heard) this song performed over a dozen times & their's was dang near CharlieDanielsworthy. Unfortunately, my Padewan was pinching me (HARD) on my arm after the song.....& giving me the stink eye & told me he wanted to bail......the dude obviously hasn't developed a taste for Classical music yet

Of course Padewan Alec was bored, because you visited the Shoe on the wrong day. Y'all saw the Green Billy team, which performs on Thursdays and Fridays. Unfortunately, you weren't seeing "THE Billy" that Tina and I fight ov . . . erm, I mean share. Sometime when you visit in the future, make sure you pop into the Shoe on a Sat-Wed to experience the BEST Billy teams which include OUR boyfriend, Kirk Wall. :love: I give young Padewan Alec my DangerMouse guarantee that he'll enjoy the show. I mean, who can resist this?

BillyHill.jpg

So we walked around all the non-disboard readers in the VERY long line outside the Tiki Room & pretended that we wanted to see the show & entered the TIKI room outdoor waiting area.

CLASSIC DisBoard move. :thumbsup2 :teacher:

Princesses (& mommies of Princesses) don't like Sausages....

Ain't that the truth! :lmao:

Next up.....If you eat 3 dinners,... would a Knackwurst sandwich consumed at 6:20pm be considered an appetizer, a late lunch, or something else??

I'd call it dinner #1 unless you go on BTMRR twice right after, then I call it indigestion. :sick:

Awwww, sweet boy-o.

Yeah for updates, especially good ones full of out of control mine trains!

Thanks Bumber. :goodvibes

The kid definitely had mine trains on the brain. :)

Alex2kmommy

Hound, I love the way you and the padewan snack your way through DL!

Just trying to keep all my dis nutritional fans (& anthropologists) happy, Alex2K. :thumbsup2

travelmel

good job ignoring that smelly stink eye long enough to hear the hillbillies!

travelmel.....alec can deliver a first class stink-eye.....he gets it from Mrs. Hound. :lmao:

Another great update. When you think about it, the Enchanted Cottage placement is a great example of counterprograming. Women can use bratwurst and german chocolate cake to entice the men in their lives to wait at the PFF. I experienced the PFF once and that was enough(of course I did not have bratwurst to munch on while waiting in line), though I did see Princess Aurora, which more than made up for the lack of bratwurst.

Somebody on another board told me that his wife and one of her friends made him practice his curtsy so he could how off his curtsy to a princess in return for a piece of German Chocolate cake. He did say it was worth it in the end only because the cake was so good.

Counter programming is exactly right. And for Jedi warriors it works just fine. Nothing like a brat or a knackwurst to fuel a male commando. :thumbsup2

I might eat some quiche (if it has lots of bacon).....but learning a curtsy is crossing the line. :lmao:

Of course Padewan Alec was bored, because you visited the Shoe on the wrong day. Y'all saw the Green Billy team, which performs on Thursdays and Fridays. Unfortunately, you weren't seeing "THE Billy" that Tina and I fight ov . . . erm, I mean share. Sometime when you visit in the future, make sure you pop into the Shoe on a Sat-Wed to experience the BEST Billy teams which include OUR boyfriend, Kirk Wall. :love: I give young Padewan Alec my DangerMouse guarantee that he'll enjoy the show. I mean, who can resist this?

BillyHill.jpg

CLASSIC DisBoard move. :thumbsup2 :teacher:

Ain't that the truth! :lmao:

I'd call it dinner #1 unless you go on BTMRR twice right after, then I call it indigestion. :sick:

Nope....cast iron hound stomachs. No worries. :)

DM & BF, you're right.....it was a Thursday so i guess we caught the second string Billys. We'll check them out next time (probably on a Sunday/Monday) since the Saloon is located right AT the hound hub. (a stones throw from BTMRR, Mex Food, Pirates, half a dozen food carts & other faves).

But guys.....that picture is just wrong (& i've got a brother named darrell & another brother named darrell ;))

Hound, I am a little late reading your TR, but I am lovin' it so far!!! It sounds like you guys had a great time and I am now patiently waiting for your next installment :rolleyes1

I'm the exception!! I :lovestruc me some sausage with lots and lots of kraut and mustard!! YUM-O! And yes, I am a princess. princess:

Wonderful update!

I agree with Pirates. pirate: I can only ride that ride maybe once a day. If I do ride it twice a day, I'm usually just not paying much attention the second time.

Counter programming is exactly right. ....

.....but learning a curtsy is crossing the line. :lmao:

Thing about the Disney princesses is that except for Ariel, Jasmine and Pocahontas (if you choose to think of her as a princess) is they they wouldn't BE princesses if it weren't for some dude they met! And AJP's princess'ness is still b/c of a dude called Dad. You always have to have a King/Prince to get a Princess. (funny how the reserve isn't true...Queen Elizabeth's hubby just being a paltry Duke)

I'm the exception!! I :lovestruc me some sausage with lots and lots of kraut and mustard!! YUM-O! And yes, I am a princess. princess:

Being a long-time vegetarian the knackwurst talk went over my head at first (as in "la la la I can't hear you") but back in the day (aka my childhood and teen years) I did eat knackwurst yes indeedy. Though only cut up and put into mac and cheese, so that might not count!

But on the other hand, I might not count as a princess...:upsidedow

VERY INTERESTING.....FP return was about 1 hr....standby line was 50 min. Will someone explain to me why the sheep are in line when they could be watching the Billys....or walking thru & admiring the neatly carved pumpkins at Big Thurnder Ranch....or slurping on a Dole Whip....or something??

Ain't it the truth? DD13 said the same thing to me: "WHY do they wait in line? Don't they KNOW about FPs?"

It had been over 2 hours since we had consumed our split corny dog & over an our since our split cheese pretzel & our split mickey bar.....so we decided it was time to look for a nice healthy mid-afternoon snack. We couldn't find the celery, carrots & granola cart.....so we settled on french fries & cotton candy...thus knocking out those two important food groups for the day. Washed it down with a chocolate milk. :3dglasses

:rotfl: I love it! You guys both look like beanpoles, too. Simply not fair.

With a few minutes left before our FP return at BTMRR, we asked a nice person to take a pic of the fearless commandos at the Dia de los Muertos Celebration area:

candi058.jpg

Great pic of the Hounds Sr. and Jr!

I hate when that happens.....but have decided that whenever it does happen, it's always best to go eat a knackwurst.

:lmao: So very true.

With snakes, a Goat (who wanted to know where his knackwurst was), earthquakes, runnaway trains, etc.....it's a wonder we survived the night.

Well, the goat is chewing on a stick of dynamite... you were just chewing on a knackwurst, and THEN riding on the wildest ride in the wilderness... samesame? :confused3

Only the Padewan knows! (cause he eats every 90 minutes!) :rotfl2:

Thanks for the update! Had me guffawing out loud!

More, please! :yay:

Hound, I am a little late reading your TR, but I am lovin' it so far!!! It sounds like you guys had a great time and I am now patiently waiting for your next installment :rolleyes1

Yay!! WendyPooh is on board....the fun ride just got funner!

prettyprincessbelle Quote:

I'm the exception!! I :love: me some sausage with lots and lots of kraut and mustard!! YUM-O! And yes, I am a princess.

Wonderful update!

I agree with Pirates. I can only ride that ride maybe once a day. If I do ride it twice a day, I'm usually just not paying much attention the second time.

PrettyPrincessBelle, any girl who has a mega-watt smile.....goes into yippee mode for Jonas Bros. tickets :dance3: (@ $100 per ticket)....& enjoys 2+ character meals per DLR trip.....is DEFINITELY a Princess. :thumbsup2

Your posts (& your trip report) always puts a smile on everyone's face. :goodvibes

& any girl who is a lover of Sausages .... is OK by me. :hippie:

From Avalon

Ain't it the truth? DD13 said the same thing to me: "WHY do they wait in line? Don't they KNOW about FPs?"

Lucky for us, they can't (or won't) figure it out. :thumbsup2

I love it! You guys both look like beanpoles, too. Simply not fair.

Alec is indeed a beanpole......I'm a good 30 lbs & 30 years past my "beanpole" days. :laughing:

Great pic of the Hounds Sr. and Jr!

Thanks Avalon. :goodvibes

Well, the goat is chewing on a stick of dynamite... you were just chewing on a knackwurst, and THEN riding on the wildest ride in the wilderness... samesame?

Not the same......now if i found a Jalapeno Knackwurst (to go with the jalapeno cheese pretzel).....now THAT would be the similar to the Goat's snack. ;)

Thanks for the update! Had me guffawing out loud!

More, please! :yay:

Thanks Avalon! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter