Hot Toys for the Holidays 2023

My cousin had his third birthday recently and I gave him a wooden train set and a rug with roads on it. He loved both and insisted on playing with both when he got home.

Another huge hit that I've given at that age is toy trucks and construction equipment. No electronics, just sturdy with parts that operate. I find that European-made toys are superior for younger kids; they are built sturdy and tend NOT to have electronic components. Bruder makes the very best trucks, IMO; but they can be quite pricey (although sometimes you can get lucky and find them at places like TJMaxx and Costco.)

You'd be amazed at how well-loved the Bruder garbage truck was; the kids loved putting "trash" inside and using the lever to dump it out.

For anyone looking for baby-doll type dolls, I can't recommend Corolle dolls highly enough. They are sturdy and realistic-looking, with soft bodies, and their eyes open and close.

Little People, wooden puzzles, books, cozy pjs

That being said though, I think you should ask for some suggestions from the parents and then choose from that list. And then let the parents know what you are getting them.

It‘s impossible to know what they have, what they like, what parents/Santa are getting them, what other grandparents are getting them, etc.

I got my niece a roller coaster for her second birthday. Best. Gift. Ever. She turned 3 yesterday. Still loves and uses it daily. While it's nice out they keep it outside. When its winter they put in the basement. She loves the thing. Best money I ever spent.

I returned a tickle me Elmo because it scared the carp out of my toddler ! The clerk was like wait, you are returning this before Christmas ? I said yup. It was a birthday fail !
LOL. I had just the opposite. A kids toy scared the h, e, double toothpick out of me.

It was about 10-11 years ago when my now teenage son got some of those Hulk hands that made different sounds when moved, hit, jostled.

I was the first one up early on a weekday morning. Heading into the kitchen with no lights on and I kicked something soft, not realizing it was the Hulk Hands, Just so happened the next sound in the cycle was the Hulk growling sound. So let me tell you, when it is pitch black, extremely quiet and you hear something growling like that, it will make you second guess a lot of things in life.

Funny now, not funny then

LOL. I had just the opposite. A kids toy scared the h, e, double toothpick out of me.

It was about 10-11 years ago when my now teenage son got some of those Hulk hands that made different sounds when moved, hit, jostled.

I was the first one up early on a weekday morning. Heading into the kitchen with no lights on and I kicked something soft, not realizing it was the Hulk Hands, Just so happened the next sound in the cycle was the Hulk growling sound. So let me tell you, when it is pitch black, extremely quiet and you hear something growling like that, it will make you second guess a lot of things in life.

Funny now, not funny then
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter