Hopper question

Haygar2

DIS Veteran
Hoping someone can answer. I am beginning to price our trip. We will be there 6 days and 7 nights. The first night we won't even check in until late (we have a 14 hour drive ahead of us). Or if I can get lucky and talk my hubby into flying. Anyway....I originally planned on purchasing a 4 day park ticket with the water park and hopper add on. We want to go to both water parks, so I figured our first and last day will be at those parks and then everything else in between. However, when I look at pricing, it is actually cheaper to buy 6 day park tickets with the water park add on. Is it possible to do two parks in one day if I have enough tickets for it? I guess, worst case (as if this would really be worst case) we go do AK first thing in the morning, get in early with EMH, leave by 11:00ish and go to the water parks again.

without a hopper you can not use two days tickets to visit two parks. But with the water park add on you can visit the AK then visit the WP in the afternoon.

Adding days to your pass is like 10.00
adding a park hopper is 64.00 to each ticket no matter how many days you have on the pass

As PP said, you can do a WP and a regular park on the same day without a hopper, and you would have 6 entries into both. I could easily see us dong a WP in the morning, and then take in the evening entertainment or dinner in a main park.

However, if you decide to do the 6-day WP&M, and you still want to hop, it's only $26 per ticket to do so.

The easy way too look at it. Your "tickets" is actually 1 ticket good for multiple days. They expire 14 days after first use. They let you into 1 of the 4 main theme parks per day. Hopper addon lets you visit as many or as few of the 4 main theme parks per day. Waterparks is actually a separate ticket addon that's good while your tickets are valid. They do not use any of the park days if you only go into the waterpark and you do not need hopper to do a main park and a waterpark (or two) on the same day.

It's pretty easy to add on hoppers while on your trip, just budget in case you need them and enjoy. If you do have a day your switching parks then pay the hopper fee which is less than buying a second 1 day ticket.

I think this has got to be one of the most often asked question about tickets on this site! Disney is smart and thought of that loophole! :)

Let's look at some math. You want to purchase at least 4 park days, and the Water Parks option. If you had added 2 additional park days at $10 each, that would be $20 + tax. And now you know it won't be allowed.

However, if your ticket has the Water Parks option already, then it's only $26 + tax to add Park Hopper. Compare that $26 PH option to 2 extra days for $20. You're talking about a comparable amount of money.

I think this has got to be one of the most often asked question about tickets on this site! Disney is smart and thought of that loophole! :)

It's not really a loophole.
It's not that way by accident at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter