Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue Review

CireEdorelkrah

Earning My Ears
I would like to preface this by saying I am not one to participate or sing along at anything we do. Maybe it was the unlimited beer but... I LOVED this dinner and show. We have found our new Disney World must do. It encourages you to play along as the performers sing, dance, and joke their way through the entire show.

The meal included unlimited salad, cornbread, fried chicken, BBQ ribs, mashed potatoes, corn, beans, and ends with a great strawberry shortcake. Let's also not forget the unlimited beer and wine which is included in the price. The chicken and ribs are served in buckets that the servers will plop down on your table. The servers are as entertaining as the show performers.

The show was fantastic. Our group was laughing and singing along. It encourages you to participate and makes you feel like the audience is just as much part of the show as the performers. There are breaks in the show where they allow you to eat and then they come back to perform again.

The only hassle was getting there from the campgrounds entrance but it is definitely worth the trip. We have found our new Disney must do restaurant and will be definitely return on our next trip to the world! I can't recommend this place enough.

Totally agree with OP. With have been many times and always have a great time. Last time was with my grandsons who were 4 and 2 ... they loved it!

. . . Maybe it was the unlimited beer but . . .

1) Isn't a wonder of nature.
2) Applications of ample "alcohol-infused tonsil oil" has such beneficial results
. . . it make singing a mandatory reaction
. . . it makes transforms even sour notes into clear, rounded, pure tones
3) Even better than tunes emitted during your shower.

We plan to drive our car rental. How do we get there. You mentioned it was a hassel.

That's exciting!! In all our trips, we have never done the HDDR but we have reservations for August! Can't wait! :goodvibes

It was so much fun...I recommend if traveling by bus, getting the bus to MK or CR or WL if coming from a park and boating over to FW. Nice boat ride and from what the bus driver told me easier than dealing with the buses. We hop the boat went to MK and then took a bus back to BWV

We plan to drive our car rental. How do we get there. You mentioned it was a hassel.

I wouldn't really call it a hastle, but it isn't just a matter of parking at the restaurant. You drive to the entrance of the campground and park in the parking lot there. Then you get on the internal bus that takes you to Pioneer hall. Reverse the process when you leave.

We have always preferred ( when leaving from our resort) to take the bus to MK and the boat to Ft. wilderness. Then take the bus back to the resort. Of course, this assumes you're staying on property.

100% concur with the OP. I was a bit ho-hum when we arranged it and even going to it, but I was so wrong. We all had such a great time. Show is fantastic and the food was wonderful. It would be a definite must do again for us.

Hoop dee doo is also one of my families favorites. I love how they acknowledge anniversaries and birthdays. We went for my daughter's sweet 16 last year and the two men in the show came down(we were at the front and center table against the stage). One of the women announced-" Amanda is sweet 16 and never been kissed" and both guys kissed her on the cheeks at the same time. It was so cute! Mortifying for her, but great for us parents and her sisters! Always let them know if you have a special occasion.

It was so much fun...I recommend if traveling by bus, getting the bus to MK or CR or WL if coming from a park and boating over to FW. Nice boat ride and from what the bus driver told me easier than dealing with the buses. We hop the boat went to MK and then took a bus back to BWV

:thumbsup2

Boat is the way to go. Otherwise once you get to the Campground (by car or Disney Bus) you then have to take an internal bus through to the back end of the campground. The Boat from MK dumps you right where you need to be!

Anyone know how or when you advise them of an Anniversary. Know they do special event acknowledgements but don't know how to notify them.

I tried to book hddmr on the Disney app
I can't find it is it still there?
We loved it each time we have gone
Tia

Would you recommend taking a toddler? This is a child that loves to sing. & dance. I mean she had the time of her life at Biergarten

I wouldn't really call it a hastle, but it isn't just a matter of parking at the restaurant. You drive to the entrance of the campground and park in the parking lot there. Then you get on the internal bus that takes you to Pioneer hall. Reverse the process when you leave.

We have always preferred ( when leaving from our resort) to take the bus to MK and the boat to Ft. wilderness. Then take the bus back to the resort. Of course, this assumes you're staying on property.

THIS IS EXCELLENT ADVICE! PLEASE TAKE IT! We've done it both ways. Actually we were at POR, took bus to MK - very quick, got the boat to FW, again quick. Perhaps we lucked out with getting "our rides" but it was glorious and no hassle. Last time we were short on time. Had to hurry around, took the car to FW, that was a pretty quick drive, however, finding a parking space at FW was murder - ended up parking in the bushes, nearly, like most of the peeps there...then had to catch the internal bus and it seemed like a million stops -- barely made it in time to get in line just before opening. Didn't even get our picture that time. OY! You can take the bus back to the resort, but we took the boat back and seeing the castle near dusk was lovely.

Anyone know how or when you advise them of an Anniversary. Know they do special event acknowledgements but don't know how to notify them.

Put it in your reservation and get your anniversary pin at your resort...they do ask if there are any celebrations. They sang a song (I think Let me call you sweetheart) for all those celebrating Anniv & Honeymoons. It was kind of cool!

Would you recommend taking a toddler? This is a child that loves to sing. & dance. I mean she had the time of her life at Biergarten

SHE WILL LOVE IT! The end. They give the kids washboards and other things to play. It's fun.

I thought my DH would think it was hokey and what has she dragged me to. He isn't a "show" person - he loved it. It's fun. It's cheesy. It's yee haw, but it is a contagiously enjoyable time and the sangria doesn't hurt either!

For HDDR you have to call, these ressies require pre-payment

I booked it online, just searched on the site for it & booked it on the main link that comes up. Prepayment is required but you can put your CC or choose to use your DDP while booking, they give you the option.

Unfortunately when we went, I did add on the ressie that I was celebrating a birthday but when I got up to use the restroom, just before I walked out of the door I heard them asked who was celebrating a birthday. I wasn't about to run back & to yell "ME!" so I missed it.

Put it in your reservation and get your anniversary pin at your resort...they do ask if there are any celebrations. They sang a song (I think Let me call you sweetheart) for all those celebrating Anniv & Honeymoons. It was kind of cool!

Thank you! :)

After nearly a decade of annual WDW visits, we have never been to HDDR. Our family theme this year is "Disney Firsts" and so of course I booked HDDR for our visit in May and am so excited, especially after reading about it for all of these years. We will be staying at WL so the trip over should be an easy one.:goodvibes

DH and I went for our 15th anniversary. Let me begin by stating that I am married to John Wayne--Mr. Strong and Silent. And he does not drink alcohol.

He LOVED HDDR. LOVED IT!! Loved the food, stomped his feet, sang along and even twirled his napkin! I was so stunned I wanted to grab him by the collar and demand that whoever he was and wherever he came from that he return MY HUSBAND to his body right now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter