Homemade FE Gifts Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were on the cruise with Brucechase....the water bottles were awesome.
I made post-it note holders made out of acrylic picture frames. I used a picture of the Wonder and put the date of the cruise. I have not figured out how to post a picture yet but when I do you can see my handywork. I loved the creativity of all the little surprises and cant wait to join my next cruise meet thread. We booked on board but may have to tweek the dates a little.

I wondered who made those. This was a really great idea. Here is a picture of it.

IMG_1550-1.jpg

I wanted to take it to work and my wife wants it here, guess it stays here.

As much as I hate to carry too much stuff I would have printed the labels, preglued them and bought the water onboard to put the labels on! :cool2:

I thought about it but did it this way for the following reasons:
One, with 36 bottles, it would have been much more money than I wanted to spend. Two, you have to know exactly what size label you want since there are so many different sizes on different manufacturers of water bottles. Three, I bought waterproof adhesive labels and printed the picture on them. It took about 1 hour to peel off the old labels and put on the new for all 36. That would have taken too much time in the room. I stuck these in a seperate suitcase with all the other FE gifts. That gave me the chance to have an empty suitcase to bring some stuff home in. Unfortunately, I filled that one up too - too many konk koolers on Castaway Cay.:thumbsup2 I did tell the porter that there was water in the suitcase if he wanted me to carry it on and he said not to worry about it and took it.

We were on the cruise with Brucechase....the water bottles were awesome.
I made post-it note holders made out of acrylic picture frames. I used a picture of the Wonder and put the date of the cruise.

I'm looking at the photo and can't figure out how it all works. Can you give a girl a hint? How did you make a post-it note holder out of an acrylic picture frame?

I'm sure it's obvious once you explain it. . . but I'm missing the crafty gene. :rolleyes:

mk

Use an 4 x 6 easel type acrylic frame from any WalMart etc. The easel part of the frame becomes the top of the frame when sitting on the table.(the base when on its side raises the frame) Use any picture that you want and wrap a ribbon around the middle to slip the post-it notes on. You can decorate the frame as much or little as you like. I used a picture of the Wonder and personalized with the cruise date and put that on a metallic scrapbook cardstock. I hope this is easy to follow. I was proud of how they turned out. I just like something different and these were very simple. I just need to make one for myself now.:goodvibes If you need any pictures of different angles I can email them to you. I havent taken the time to learn how to post pictures on this site.

Here are some of the homemade FE gifts from our last cruise but not all. When i have more time, I'll post more.

IMG_7728.jpg
IMG_7729.jpg
IMG_7733.jpg

Here are some of the homemade FE gifts from our last cruise but not all. When i have more time, I'll post more.

IMG_7728.jpg
IMG_7729.jpg
IMG_7733.jpg

The photo of the necklace is brilliant. I have tried many a time to photograph my jewellery and the photos never come put. It's nice to see a great photo of one of my creations.
The photo frame has pride of place in our spare room with a dolphin card in it that I also got in my Fish Extender.

dolphingirl47

Again, there is a thread out there that shows an AMAZING 12 pageish Scrapbook that someone did. I would love to see the pic again, but I cant seem to find it. She had them all layed out in a row on the bed and an upclose pic. I would have fallen over for something like that. :goodvibes

Sorry that the pics are so big...I can't figure out how to make smaller. I also made princess crayon rolls for the girls, but the pic won't come out.

Again, there is a thread out there that shows an AMAZING 12 pageish Scrapbook that someone did. I would love to see the pic again, but I cant seem to find it. She had them all layed out in a row on the bed and an upclose pic. I would have fallen over for something like that. :goodvibes

You mean this one?? I saved that one because I thought they were so unique - here's the link http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1774643&page=6 (it's Post#83).

They are beautiful!!

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter