• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Homemade FE Gifts Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also know the feeling - my DD10 has looked at this whole thread and is so excited about the fish extenders and as of now there is no one else on our February 2013 cruise! I am hoping it is just too far out! We will just keep checking,:earsboy:

You have a LONG time to get more people...we have less than five months. :sad2: *sigh* Maybe this is Mickey's way of helping me save money. :lmao:

I'm going to be making word finds and possibly a crossword for my FE gifts. If anyone has any suggestions for words to include I would appreciate them! It will be on an 8 night Western Magic cruise. TIA!

That's a cute idea! You could include a Disney pen or pencil or highlighter as well!

I sent PMs because I think the info isn't allowed on the forum. I think it's considered solicitation (even though it's not my website - I have no affiliation). PM coming now.

Would you mind sending to me too, please?

Thanks!!

Keurigirl - Where did you find these bags? The ones you used for adults and the ones for the kids?

So here are my items from our cruise on the Magic for March 3-10th.

I did a bag (was supposed to be embroidered with each family's name and a mickey head, but I ran out of time) for the adults with three things:

1. Emergency kit like stuff that was anything from pop up hampers, ziplocks, zipties, highlighter pens, flashlights, qtips, tissues, hand sanitizers, etc. They varied a bit per bag based on what I was able to find enough of.

2. Starbucks Via Coffee packets (gotta have some Seattle!)

3. A disney nightlight I found at the dollar store.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Then I did individual bags for the kids, based on their favorite disney characters. I called them their "quiet as a mouse" kits. They included all kinds of things from the dollar store, that included:

Notepad of paper
crayons
playdough
markers, stamps, etc
stickers
card games
glitter glue..

basically all kinds of things that I thought would be fun for kids to do at dinners or when they had to be quiet. :) Inside was also a pirate gift bag for pirate night that had butterscotch candies, pirate tattoos, pirate stickers, and glow sticks.

4.jpg

5.jpg

I thought I was being really clever with these gifts until we started receiving gifts from our other Disboard cruisers... it seemed we all basically had the same ideas and shopped at the same places! I got back the very stuff I gave out, we all did some sort of emergency kit stuff, same disney brand stuff from the dollar store, etc. We all gave out the same kind of stuff! Too funny.

So next time I will stick to something much simpler, much more unique, and just ONE thing. :)

So i created a postcard for my FE gifts...and may have a few extras to spread some magic to others..

IMG_20120328_201938.jpg

I asked someone from the boards to use this wonderful pic. Added the text. Printed out via snapfish on 4x6 images. For the back I printed out on cardstock a 'postcard' graphic I developed through some trial and error. A little mod podge and viola! I love them and will make sure to give them out prior to our day at CC

I wonder if anyone can help me - I have searched this thread to no avail. A while ago, I saw a photo here of a FE gift that someone had made. They took canvas bags and decorated them with Disney themed ribbon. They added a matching ribbon keychain. I stole the idea and am halfway through my bags, but have no idea how to make the keychains! I was going to ask the individual how they made them, but I can't find the original post with the photo. :confused3

Does anyone know what I'm refering to? Or better yet, is the wonderful crafty person around who would be able to point me in the right direction? I love the idea and would appreciate any help you could offer!

Thanks!

Google search ribbon key fob. I think that is what you are seeking. (I remember the post you are talking about but I have no idea how far back the image was).

HTH

So i created a postcard for my FE gifts...and may have a few extras to spread some magic to others..

IMG_20120328_201938.jpg

I asked someone from the boards to use this wonderful pic. Added the text. Printed out via snapfish on 4x6 images. For the back I printed out on cardstock a 'postcard' graphic I developed through some trial and error. A little mod podge and viola! I love them and will make sure to give them out prior to our day at CC

Very nice. You did a great job.

You are talking about the ones my mother made for our January cruise on pg 216 on this thread.

We used this for the inspiration: http://www.etsy.com/listing/8604583...e=3&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

And this was the tutorial that we used: http://bayoubags.com/2008/10/26/how-to-wristlet-key-fob-tutorial/

I had just googled key fob directions.

However couldn't find in the stores the 1 inch thick webbing so ours match up to the ribbon sizing more than the instructions called for. And my mother decided to substitute spring rings on the end instead of doing the clamp. Although I'm sure the clamp works better. I booked the cruise less than a month out so shipping supplies when I only signed up for the FE a couple weeks ago didn't happen.

The canvas bags and having them match was totally my mothers idea. I had purchased the bags to do this. http://family.go.com/crafts/craft-914179-mickey-tote-bag-t/ and she thought the ribbon at the top would be easier and tie it in with the key fobs more.

I wonder if anyone can help me - I have searched this thread to no avail. A while ago, I saw a photo here of a FE gift that someone had made. They took canvas bags and decorated them with Disney themed ribbon. They added a matching ribbon keychain. I stole the idea and am halfway through my bags, but have no idea how to make the keychains! I was going to ask the individual how they made them, but I can't find the original post with the photo. :confused3

Does anyone know what I'm refering to? Or better yet, is the wonderful crafty person around who would be able to point me in the right direction? I love the idea and would appreciate any help you could offer!

Thanks!

I am so amazed by all the wonderful ideas you all have. I will be participating in my first fe in a few weeks and my family is looking forward to all of the fun we will have. Hope to see some of you wonderful folks aboard. Thanks for the inspiration.

You are talking about the ones my mother made for our January cruise on pg 216 on this thread.

We used this for the inspiration: http://www.etsy.com/listing/8604583...e=3&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

And this was the tutorial that we used: http://bayoubags.com/2008/10/26/how-to-wristlet-key-fob-tutorial/

I had just googled key fob directions.

However couldn't find in the stores the 1 inch thick webbing so ours match up to the ribbon sizing more than the instructions called for. And my mother decided to substitute spring rings on the end instead of doing the clamp. Although I'm sure the clamp works better. I booked the cruise less than a month out so shipping supplies when I only signed up for the FE a couple weeks ago didn't happen.

The canvas bags and having them match was totally my mothers idea. I had purchased the bags to do this. http://family.go.com/crafts/craft-914179-mickey-tote-bag-t/ and she thought the ribbon at the top would be easier and tie it in with the key fobs more.
Where can you find the key fob hardware? I looked and asked at JoAnn's and they had no idea what I was talking about. They do sell the 1" wide webbing, however, the tutorial calls for 1 1/4" wide webbing. :confused:

Hi there, I don't know about the top image but the Mickey character heads are mine. You can find them in my 4shared file under "Disney Years. By the way Siliobear...you did a great job. Might have to borrow your idea for my own cruise this October.:thumbsup2

I'm new to all of this. Just booked our first Disney cruise a few weeks ago and have been smitten by the idea of the FE and door decorating!

Shadowryter, I found your shared file/Disney Years. I'm not even a little tech literate! What do I need to do to change the names on the heads to use on our door? Or delete the names to make the cute magnets like Purple did for an FE? Thanks for any help you can give!!

Where can you find the key fob hardware? I looked and asked at JoAnn's and they had no idea what I was talking about. They do sell the 1" wide webbing, however, the tutorial calls for 1 1/4" wide webbing. :confused:

My mother got the supplies from Hobby Lobby although we ended up using the one inch webbing because we couldn't find the 1 1/4 in person either. I did find it on Etsy and Amazon but we didn't have enough time to order online. So ours didn't have as much overhang on the sides as the tutorial shows.

My mother got the supplies from Hobby Lobby although we ended up using the one inch webbing because we couldn't find the 1 1/4 in person either. I did find it on Etsy and Amazon but we didn't have enough time to order online. So ours didn't have as much overhang on the sides as the tutorial shows.

Where did you get the square tile for the magnets? I have seen the round glass marbles but never the square ones. They came out really nice! :lovestruc

Anyone here have a template or tips on printing lip balm labels from bulk apothecary ? I contacted them but haven't received a response

Hi there, I don't know about the top image but the Mickey character heads are mine. You can find them in my 4shared file under "Disney Years. By the way Siliobear...you did a great job. Might have to borrow your idea for my own cruise this October.:thumbsup2

Still getting caught up on the thread but I have to say these designs are amazing! I think I might use the bubble anniversary one and make a surprise gift for my DH, if you don't mind. We are going on our 3rd anniversary celebration cruise in May. :cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter