Homemade FE Gifts Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I'm trying to make a FE gift but I realized that I didn't know what the colors for DCL is.

I read somewhere that the official colors are red, yellow an dark blue? But I've seen items through this thread with dark blue, red and white or black, red and white.

Anyone know?

IMGP0100.jpg

Double Dip Delight Highlights: This is a basic pen style highlighter wrapped in an Avery address label that went through my printer to put the words on it in the Walt font. I then rubber stamped Mickey's body parts in the colors of black, red, and yellow onto the label (there are heads, shoes, and pants all around the barrel). After applying the label to the highlighter and placing super adhesive tape over it, I rolled it in clear micro beads. More detailed instructions are found in Post #189. (Note that "Double Dip Delight" is the coined name of our DISer cruise.)​

Hi! I was wondering if you could tell me where you got the Mickeybody parts stamps from?

Okay, so I'm trying to make a FE gift but I realized that I didn't know what the colors for DCL is.

I read somewhere that the official colors are red, yellow an dark blue? But I've seen items through this thread with dark blue, red and white or black, red and white.

Anyone know?

I thought the colors were the colors of Mickey...red and black that is why they got special permission from the Coast Guard to do the lifeboats in the yellow shade of Mickeys shoes.

I thought the colors were the colors of Mickey...red and black that is why they got special permission from the Coast Guard to do the lifeboats in the yellow shade of Mickeys shoes.

Haha wow ... perhaps I'm slightly colorblind ...

It looks like they are all the same company, with different names. I didn't see them there, but thanks for the info. Maybe it is just the wrong time of year. We got one of these for a FE gift, with different pictures taken of the cruise ship or at the parks. It was a well thought out gift.

Yea pretty much. I don't understand how it works or why three separate companies exist. Just passing on the info.

The cricut is a great tool to have! I do scrapbook, but you can also cut cards, vinyl and I have even heard of some people cutting fabric! I own the small cricut and the expression. I upgraded to the expression because it has a screen on it which shows you a picture of what you are going to be cutting out. The original small cricut does have a small screen but it only displays text which can be confusing. ex: instead of a picture of a flower on the expression it would display a code like "shift-blackout-flower". I recently took a class on how to use my machine. (knowing what buttons to push in what order to get the cut you want can be a little confusing) I also like that I can use the 12 x12 & 12 x 24 mat on the expression. You are more limited on the smaller cricut with the 6x12. I recommend the expression, but would hold off on the expression 2. From what I was told by our instructor, there isn't a huge difference between the 2 just the price :) Good luck, and have fun!

I need a little help for all of you crafty Disers. I am thinking of purchasing a Cricut. I do not scrapbook, but do a lot of papercrafts, especially for my kid's birthdays. I would also be using this to make FE gifts.

If you don't mind to share, which Cricut do you have and what do you like/dislike about it. I hope this is an acceptable place to post this question.

Thanks!

Does anyone know where you can buy the type of calendar where you slide in your own photos? I'm always taking pictures of Disneyland and would like to make calendars with my own photos. I don't want the type that you order and have them printed for you. I want the type that you can slides photos out and use your own. Thanks.

I have seen them at Target in the dollar section usually at the end of the year.

I have both a Cricut Expression and Expression 2. I use my Expression for SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) and the E2 for Design Studio and the Craftroom. If you want to make non-Cricut cuts (SVGs) you should look into a Silhouette Cameo. If you'd be happy with Cricut cuts only, I suggest the Expression or E2, since the "mini" is too small.

Come on over to the Creative Community and feel free to ask questions!

Hmmm, I had not heard of the Silhouette Cameo. Thank you for the suggestion. It would be nice to cut out my own designs. Now, I'm more confused than ever!:)

Thanks for the invite over to Creative Community. I will definitely be checking it out!

I have the Expression. I took 3 lessons and find the machine very easy to use after some instruction. But...I find the selection of papers that don't tear is very hard to control. A LOT of trial and error. The larger and more simple you make something, the easier. Small things are almost impossible. Go take a class FIRST and then decide for yourself if you want to buy. Also, find a good place that will rent you cartrides for $6-$7 so you don't have to buy all of them.

Hope this helps.

Pat

Love the suggestion to take a class. Unfortunately, there are no classes in my area. However, I do have a friend with the E2. I'm sure she would be willing to teach me a little about it. Also, I love the idea of renting cartridges. I will definitely be checking out that option!

I have the small size cricut expression, not full size. I got mine just to do embellishments for scrapbooking but if I wanted to do crafts - like party decorations etc I would get a full size one because it will cut larger. Also I wish mine cut smaller than 1" which I think the larger newer models do. But I needed small so I could physically lift it because of my severe arthritis I can't lift more then 10 lbs and on bad days can't manage that.
I think cricut.com may have a live person you to talk to who could explain the differences in models in better detail for you. I do not know a single person who wishes they did not buy their circut no matter what model!

Thanks sharing you thoughts. I definitely think the larger model will work better for me. I will mostly be doing large-ish cuts.

The cricut is a great tool to have! I do scrapbook, but you can also cut cards, vinyl and I have even heard of some people cutting fabric! I own the small cricut and the expression. I upgraded to the expression because it has a screen on it which shows you a picture of what you are going to be cutting out. The original small cricut does have a small screen but it only displays text which can be confusing. ex: instead of a picture of a flower on the expression it would display a code like "shift-blackout-flower". I recently took a class on how to use my machine. (knowing what buttons to push in what order to get the cut you want can be a little confusing) I also like that I can use the 12 x12 & 12 x 24 mat on the expression. You are more limited on the smaller cricut with the 6x12. I recommend the expression, but would hold off on the expression 2. From what I was told by our instructor, there isn't a huge difference between the 2 just the price :) Good luck, and have fun!

Thanks so much. I was originally looking at the E2, but now I am torn between the Imagine or Cameo. So many choices!:confused3

Thank you all for taking the time to share your thoughts! You each have given me something to think about- even though I am more confused than before, I feel better informed!

So i created a postcard for my FE gifts...and may have a few extras to spread some magic to others..

IMG_20120328_201938.jpg

I asked someone from the boards to use this wonderful pic. Added the text. Printed out via snapfish on 4x6 images. For the back I printed out on cardstock a 'postcard' graphic I developed through some trial and error. A little mod podge and viola! I love them and will make sure to give them out prior to our day at CC

Amazing Photo!! Do you remember where you first saw it?

PRICELESS!!!!

Hmmm, I had not heard of the Silhouette Cameo. Thank you for the suggestion. It would be nice to cut out my own designs. Now, I'm more confused than ever!:)

Thanks for the invite over to Creative Community. I will definitely be checking it out!

Love the suggestion to take a class. Unfortunately, there are no classes in my area. However, I do have a friend with the E2. I'm sure she would be willing to teach me a little about it. Also, I love the idea of renting cartridges. I will definitely be checking out that option!

Thanks sharing you thoughts. I definitely think the larger model will work better for me. I will mostly be doing large-ish cuts.

Thanks so much. I was originally looking at the E2, but now I am torn between the Imagine or Cameo. So many choices!:confused3

Thank you all for taking the time to share your thoughts! You each have given me something to think about- even though I am more confused than before, I feel better informed!
Just saw this special price on the Silhouette Cameo. Not sure if it's a good price or not, but you may be interested. http://www.skiptomylou.org/2012/04/...mpaign=Feed:+skiptomyloublog+(Skip+To+My+Lou) Follow the link to get $70 off.

Amazing Photo!! Do you remember where you first saw it?

PRICELESS!!!!

I believe it was on this thread.. in the beginning. I PMed the owner if I could use it and she forwarded me a link. Unfortunately I don't have it in my message folder anymore.

I'll see if I can find the owner.

UPDATE** Page 2, Post 30. ANAL ANNIE is the one that asked!

I believe it was on this thread.. in the beginning. I PMed the owner if I could use it and she forwarded me a link. Unfortunately I don't have it in my message folder anymore.

I'll see if I can find the owner.

UPDATE** Page 2, Post 30. ANAL ANNIE is the one that asked!

Thank you for the reply and for going through the trouble of finding the original post. :-)lmao:love the original posters user name:rotfl:)

OM, OM, I would be too embarrassed to say how long it has taken me to read through this thread, but I am caught up (for now)! :worship: FANTASTIC ideas on here... even for teacher gifts. So THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

AAshleySEG ~ Kudos to you and your DH! Those would be AWESOME to get... the packaging is FABULOUS too!

Susiesark ~ ha, since we had to cancel our original cruise, maybe we should be guinea pig testers for each other on our FE gifts?! :goodvibes I started, but never fully finished my gifts, then coming on here... more ideas! Plus some magic until our delayed cruises. UUGGHH!!

Wow those are fabulous, bummed you are on the cruise right after mine! They are sure to be a hit.
Hi guys! Came across this thread today and I thought I would share what my husband and I are doing for our cruise in June 2012 to Alaska! If you are going on an Alaskan Disney Cruise in June AND are doing the FE Gift Exchange DONT Look, I am not going to post the date just so even if you are, you might not be going on ours, but don't say I didn't warn you beforehand! And don't click the pic links either! I want you to be surprised...LOL!! :goodvibes Highlight to Read further:
My husband is an artist and we both love vinylmations, I know not everyone collects them but I thought it would be cool anyway. I also use Photoshop ALL the time because I am a hobby photographer, so I am comfortable with the program. My husband is painting custom vinylmations specific to our Alaska cruise, he is making a what has been dubbed the "Deadliest Catch Mickey", the one in the fisherman's outfit, you can google if you have not seen him ;) So we are doing a limited run of them, numbered and everything, we are actually thinking about doing it for every cruise we go on, unless there are TONS of cabins, but luckily there are not too many on our cruise. So basically he is custom painting the vinylmations. I went to our local Toys R Us, it is having a moving sale at the moment and found some cheap toys in blister packs that I could just remove and used the plastic packaging for, but they happened to be disney so I am actually going to throw those in the FE's so they won't be wasted. ANYWAY, I used photoshop to make custom packaging for them, took them to Office Depot to be printed on a cardstock type paper that was thicker, then used self-laminating sheets to make them more durable. So anywho, I am going to show a few pics, but I don't want anyone to see the actual finished Vinylmations until after the cruise so I just have a few shots of him painting them! Whew! Long story short, let me know what you guys think!

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k584/AAshleySEG/Fish%20Extender%20Stuff/IMG_4478.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k584/AAshleySEG/Fish%20Extender%20Stuff/IMG_4466.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k584/AAshleySEG/Fish%20Extender%20Stuff/IMG_4465.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k584/AAshleySEG/Fish%20Extender%20Stuff/IMG_4467.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k584/AAshleySEG/Fish%20Extender%20Stuff/IMG_4468.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k584/AAshleySEG/Fish%20Extender%20Stuff/IMG_4469.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k584/AAshleySEG/Fish%20Extender%20Stuff/IMG_4470.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k584/AAshleySEG/Fish%20Extender%20Stuff/IMG_4473.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k584/AAshleySEG/Fish%20Extender%20Stuff/IMG_4477.jpg

on our last cruise we got many different items from different states:
we got a snack item, book marks, post cards, magnets.

On our Disney Cruise FE exchange, several people, including us, gave gifts that represented where we were from.

Thanks for the information. I've never done one before and didn't know if anyone thought it was a good idea or not.
There is a chocolate candy that is synonymous with my area and I thought it would a neat idea.
I have some ideas...now to see if it will work.
Anyone else have any ideas with chocolate candy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter