Homemade FE Gifts Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CO Mickey- Thoses are so cute! I would love to know how you got the logo on the bottle. Is it a sticker? I anted to do an orn. with a logo but could not get the right material to make a sticker on a curved ball.
Also-no idea how you did the coasters but I would buy those from any DCL/WDW gift shop!

Hi, I've been following along, but haven't had a chance to post my pictures yet. I just got back last month from the Magic, January 21st -28th.

Here is what I gave out, I did a few different themes, but only photographed these two. I did a few mickey styles, some Pooh, Princess and of course Toy Story.

Included was a car decal with Magic and '12, Pirate hand sanitizer and the clip magnet and post it note clipboard magnet.

375e0f36.jpg

efbed8c0.jpg

6e2bbefe.jpg

ac88b01e.jpg

165eab17.jpg

I am making these for my July cruise. The holder not the clothes pins. Might have to do the clothes pins too as I hear they are great for keeping the curtains closed.

Okay..I think I catch the drift from what everybody is saying...but how can I become a part of a group? :confused3

LOVE the coasters, CO_Mickey. May I ask how you were able to "write" in Disney font on them?

Your gifts are so thoughtful and useful, tggrrstarr.

You are both so talented!:thumbsup2

Just spent the past few weeks scrawling through the full thread, and WOW :jumping3: !! You're all so gifted and talented, it's definitely given me a few ideas for my own fe gifts.

Thanks so much!

Okay..I think I catch the drift from what everybody is saying...but how can I become a part of a group? :confused3

Go to the Disney meets sections of this forum. Find your cruise and there you will find people who will be travelling with you and those who are participating in the fish extender. Have fun!

Just off the Dream on 2/16 and here are my FE gifts that I made. Since we cruised over Valentine's Day, I made a vase out of recycled Starbucks frappuccino bottles for each of the ladies.

IMG_0517jpg.jpg

I made one set of coasters per family. I tried to personalize them with last names.

IMG_0518jpg.jpg

So for the stickers on the vases, I used my Cricut and was able to cut the DCL logo out of vinyl and stick them on there.

The coasters were really pretty easy to make. Our FE group had about 17 families. I made them out of MDF not tiles so they were way lighter than a tile. At Home Depot they usually have remnant pieces of MDF and I had my husband cut them into 3.5x3.5 squares. For the designs, I used some digital scrapbook stuff and created the final design and then printed them onto card stock. Then I cut them and applied them to the MDF with Modge Podge. I then sealed them with spray lacquer. I used several coats hoping it would help waterproof them. And then I added felt dots to the bottoms.
In hindsight, it was hard to get last names of everyone on our FE exchange. I wanted to personalize them though because I had read about people taking FE gifts out of peoples FE's. For our next cruise, I might use a similar design and just use the last name initial.

Hi, I've been following along, but haven't had a chance to post my pictures yet. I just got back last month from the Magic, January 21st -28th.

Here is what I gave out, I did a few different themes, but only photographed these two. I did a few mickey styles, some Pooh, Princess and of course Toy Story.

Included was a car decal with Magic and '12, Pirate hand sanitizer and the clip magnet and post it note clipboard magnet.

375e0f36.jpg

efbed8c0.jpg

6e2bbefe.jpg

ac88b01e.jpg

165eab17.jpg

Where did you get the small clipboards for the post it notes?

Where did you get the small clipboards for the post it notes?

They are cardboard coasters from Michaels. I got a six pack for $1 then painted them. Then I used modge podge to paste the scrapbook paper.
They seem to have the coasters seasonally, if you can't find them, wait a week or two for more to come in.

CO_Mickey, I had to smile when I saw your vase. Not only was it beautiful, I used to work for one of Starbuck's agencies and worked on promotional assignments for bottled Frap. One campaign we pitched was a series of ways to recycle the bottles!

They are cardboard coasters from Michaels. I got a six pack for $1 then painted them. Then I used modge podge to paste the scrapbook paper.
They seem to have the coasters seasonally, if you can't find them, wait a week or two for more to come in.

I went to my local AC Moore and Michaels neither carry them anymore. I turned to ebay and got 25 for $2 (plus $2.50 to ship) Close to the same 6 for $1.

375e0f36.jpg

efbed8c0.jpg

6e2bbefe.jpg

ac88b01e.jpg

165eab17.jpg

very nice! This is what I made for my upcoming cruise in March! I did the post it note holders.... great minds-lol!:rotfl:
I will have to post a picture as soon as I find my battery charger! :confused:

So for the stickers on the vases, I used my Cricut and was able to cut the DCL logo out of vinyl and stick them on

what cricut cartridge is the logo on or what did you use to create your own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter