Homemade FE Gifts Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's taken me several days (a couple weeks) of sneak reading at work but I went through the entire thread. I'm just so impressed with all of the great ideas and crafty hands. :worship::worship:

We sail for a Castaway Cay double dip on June 15th!! I've known for a long time (since PCC 2.0) and I've done the FE gift exchange before - but here it is less that 120 days away and now I want to do something more homemade/handmade!!:scared1:

Not sure yet what it'll be, but I'm excited to talk to my sailing buddies and make a decision and get started. The best part is it means a trip to the craft stores (Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Hancock Fabrics, and Mangelson's) :yay:!!!

I'll post pictures after we get back of what we decided to do.

Bump...

I started working on my FE stuff today, I have lots of projects for our FE exchange so I'm lucky I have LOTS of time:cool1::thumbsup2

You are both way ahead of me. I finished the gifts for the men yesterday, but for all the other gifts, I am missing supplies. I am hoping that they will arrive during the course of the week.

Corinna

I'm not doing all rooms so I have no idea how many men/woman/kids I'll have in my group, so I'm far from done with my gifts.

I'm not doing all rooms so I have no idea how many men/woman/kids I'll have in my group, so I'm far from done with my gifts.

I am just working on the premises that we will cruise again and any that are left over will just be given out at a future cruise. I am pretty much done with the gifts for the boys and girls. I just need to add a final embellishment, which I can hopefully do tomorrow and on Tuesday. Then I just have the gift for the ladies to do.

Corinna

Hi, I've been following along, but haven't had a chance to post my pictures yet. I just got back last month from the Magic, January 21st -28th.

Here is what I gave out, I did a few different themes, but only photographed these two. I did a few mickey styles, some Pooh, Princess and of course Toy Story.

Included was a car decal with Magic and '12, Pirate hand sanitizer and the clip magnet and post it note clipboard magnet.

375e0f36.jpg

efbed8c0.jpg

6e2bbefe.jpg

ac88b01e.jpg

165eab17.jpg

Hi, I've been following along, but haven't had a chance to post my pictures yet. I just got back last month from the Magic, January 21st -28th.

Here is what I gave out, I did a few different themes, but only photographed these two. I did a few mickey styles, some Pooh, Princess and of course Toy Story.

Included was a car decal with Magic and '12, Pirate hand sanitizer and the clip magnet and post it note clipboard magnet.

375e0f36.jpg

efbed8c0.jpg

6e2bbefe.jpg

ac88b01e.jpg

165eab17.jpg

They are adorable.

Corinna

Oh, and here is my FE I made:

529769b1.jpg

By the time I got around to it it was too late to order one and I didn't want to spend any more money:rotfl: so I followed the wonderful Dis-er who posted instructions for the duck tape FE! I found duck tape paper at Michaels and was able to put it through my cricut!

375e0f36.jpg

efbed8c0.jpg

6e2bbefe.jpg

ac88b01e.jpg

165eab17.jpg

I thought I had my final plan, but you might have just changed my mind, and I might have to add an additional gift....I love your clipboards...decisions, decisions :rotfl:

I bought a ton of those small pirate-look anti-bac when they were 75% off. They are still available at the BABW outlet stores. Was planning on giving them out to the kids/young adults, but what age do you think they are appropriate for? Boys and girls? pirate:

I bought a ton of those small pirate-look anti-bac when they were 75% off. They are still available at the BABW outlet stores. Was planning on giving them out to the kids/young adults, but what age do you think they are appropriate for? Boys and girls? pirate:

My daughter has liked these since she was 5 or 6. I'm not sure that I ever exposed her to them before that, and I still love them....so I think you are for sure safe from 5 to adulthood....

Oh, and here is my FE I made:

529769b1.jpg

By the time I got around to it it was too late to order one and I didn't want to spend any more money:rotfl: so I followed the wonderful Dis-er who posted instructions for the duck tape FE! I found duck tape paper at Michaels and was able to put it through my cricut!

Love it. I used the pirate duct tape on our new fe too!

My 4YO is obsessed with hand sanitizer (the good smelling ones).

So...my cruise isn't until February 2013. In fact one year from today I'll be on the ship...just departing from Costa Maya. :thumbsup2

There are 8 other staterooms in our group...and we've decided to just do a FE exchange between us. We are all friends that met here on the DISboards and on last year's DVC SSMC. So, I already know how many people I need to make FE gifts for. Therefore....I am done with my FE gifts. Yep....a whole year early! :lmao: Can you say OCD with the planning?! :rotfl2: I was so excited about what I wanted to make for them, I couldn't wait to make them! Sorry folks....you'll have to wait until next year to see what I made! :upsidedow

So...my cruise isn't until February 2013. In fact one year from today I'll be on the ship...just departing from Costa Maya. :thumbsup2

There are 8 other staterooms in our group...and we've decided to just do a FE exchange between us. We are all friends that met here on the DISboards and on last year's DVC SSMC. So, I already know how many people I need to make FE gifts for. Therefore....I am done with my FE gifts. Yep....a whole year early! :lmao: Can you say OCD with the planning?! :rotfl2: I was so excited about what I wanted to make for them, I couldn't wait to make them! Sorry folks....you'll have to wait until next year to see what I made! :upsidedow

Glad I'm not the only playing "next year at this time, I'll be ...". :thumbsup2

And OMG, you are DONE!?! :scared1::scared1::scared1: I'm in total awe! I'm 99% sure of what I'm going to do. I just have to figure out the details, buy my supplies and make them.

We're cruising next March and I know what I'm doing for the women and girls but I just don't know about the men and boys. They are always the hardest! Anyway, I haven't seen what I'm doing for the females on here but I've skipped a few pages so it may have been posted. There's a ways to go but I'll post it come March 2013, lol.

So, if we decide to cruise with all you all's we won't be able to participate in the FE??? I am planning ours too, we just are not sure we are going to be able to be on the cruise! I think that's more OCD!!!

Glad I'm not the only playing "next year at this time, I'll be ...". :thumbsup2

And OMG, you are DONE!?! :scared1::scared1::scared1: I'm in total awe! I'm 99% sure of what I'm going to do. I just have to figure out the details, buy my supplies and make them.

LOL I wasn't sure how these were going to turn out. It was my first time making them. And I thought it was going to be a much more time consuming project. But it went REALLY quick. :thumbsup2

So, if we decide to cruise with all you all's we won't be able to participate in the FE??? I am planning ours too, we just are not sure we are going to be able to be on the cruise! I think that's more OCD!!!

No worries, Nancy....I made extras!! And I wouldn't call it "OCD", I would call it "WISHFUL/HOPEFUL THINKING!" :thumbsup2 I hope you and Michael can join us. :hug:

P.S. My idea came from this thread.....I LOVE this thread!! Everyone has such wonderful crafty ideas!!!

Just off the Dream on 2/16 and here are my FE gifts that I made. Since we cruised over Valentine's Day, I made a vase out of recycled Starbucks frappuccino bottles for each of the ladies.

IMG_0517jpg.jpg

I made one set of coasters per family. I tried to personalize them with last names.

IMG_0518jpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter