Homecomin’ or Boathouse

tink20

DIS Veteran
Which one for dinner on our Disney Springs evening? Party of 6 (4 adults, one teenager, one toddler).

Last edited:
We have only eaten at Homecomin' and we thought it was excellent. Whatever you order I would recommend substituting the side it comes with for "Momma's mac and cheese".

Which one has the food you like? I'd choose that one.
Never been to either. Looked at menus, both have food we would like. Looking for reviews from those who have actually eaten at one or both to maybe help me decide.

Homecomin’ has an industrial interior and can be noisy - which is both good and bad. It also has a nice patio. Good food, good value.
Boathouse I found to be “meh” food wise with a pretty interior but also noisy. Okay food, middling value
Both are available on Open Table I believe in case ADR times don’t work.

Been to both and neither one will disappoint. Boathouse feels a touch more upscale. Service there was flawless. Service at Homecomin’ has been spotty. If you want massive portions that will put you in a food coma in a relaxed environment, go with Homecomin’. For a larger menu and selection of offerings in a more vacationy type of environment, go with boathouse and request to sit outside on the water.

We had great service and food at Homecomin’ and I like their menu a lot. We’re trying the Boathouse on our upcoming trip; looking forward to it. We try to mix our “familiar” restaurants with some new ones on every trip.

I haven't been to either, but Boathouse is on my list - I love seafood and am more drawn to the atmosphere of that one. The Homecomin' menu just looks so unhealthy to me.

We have eaten at both. We might be the only ones who were less than impressed with the food at Homecomin'. The chicken was okay. The mashed potatoes were runny (had to eat with a spoon) and tasted funny. Didn't like the seasoning at all. The biscuits were loaded with cheese, which was okay with me but my husband hates anything with cheese in it! We were overcharged for it too, to add insult to injury.
However, we ate at the Boathouse for our anniversary dinner, and it was fantastic. Great service, excellent food prepared to perfection, and interesting surroundings. I think kids would love the boathouse atmosphere with the aqua boats outside. There were many families of all ages there. I would highly recommend Boathouse over Homecomin' anytime.

We have eaten at both. We might be the only ones who were less than impressed with the food at Homecomin'. The chicken was okay. The mashed potatoes were runny (had to eat with a spoon) and tasted funny. Didn't like the seasoning at all. The biscuits were loaded with cheese, which was okay with me but my husband hates anything with cheese in it! We were overcharged for it too, to add insult to injury.
However, we ate at the Boathouse for our anniversary dinner, and it was fantastic. Great service, excellent food prepared to perfection, and interesting surroundings. I think kids would love the boathouse atmosphere with the aqua boats outside. There were many families of all ages there. I would highly recommend Boathouse over Homecomin' anytime.

Agree with this, was not impressed with Homecomin' at all. Chicken had uncooked coating between the chicken meat and crispy exterior and the mashed potatoes were practically inedible they were so runny, they tasted like pure butter, no potato flavor at all, we also didn't like the texture of the hush puppies. My husband liked his meal at The Boathouse and I loved mine, I had the specialty spicy burger and it was fantastic.

So funny, I have both of these currently booked. I have been wanting to dine at Homecomin for awhile, but a review of Boathouse plus a look at the menu made it look really appealing, so I booked that for me and the husband alone as a date night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter