Holy August &September car rental rates $$$$$

Dollar is still on the way down .......

Our 10 day Minivan rental for Sept. out of MCO is down to $340. OTC . :cool1: Lower would be great, but I can swallow this price easier than $600. where we started !

Getting closer to acceptable , and "normal" prices now ! I was getting nervous for a while that prices wouldn't be dropping !

One more tip - USAA members get a discount on rentals from Hertz, which includes a free second driver. The USAA rental rate is usually MUCH lower than the posted rate/day.

One more tip - USAA members get a discount on rentals from Hertz, which includes a free second driver. The USAA rental rate is usually MUCH lower than the posted rate/day.

I recently learned that any AAA member can drive (over 25). They don't even have to be on your membership just have one in good standing.

My rental rate with Alamo just dropped $40. It went from $361 to $320. 13 days full size. I used ap rate and $25 coupon (since $30 no longer works). I’ve got 5 weeks and my goal is under $300, so fingers crossed.

My rental rate with Alamo just dropped $40. It went from $361 to $320. 13 days full size. I used ap rate and $25 coupon (since $30 no longer works). I’ve got 5 weeks and my goal is under $300, so fingers crossed.

Why full size? My understanding is there isn't a full size aisle at MCO. You can book standard.

Why full size? My understanding is there isn't a full size aisle at MCO. You can book standard.

I usually do, but full size was lower than standard. The $25 coupon isn’t applicable on the standard. Crazy. But yes, I would choose standard if it was cheaper.

Off topic, sorry ... but so many people using car transportation I had to ask in here!

I'm trying to find good reasons to convince my sister we need a car for our trip next week. I have a car reserved, Wed-Wed, for $200. She's leaning towards using Disney transportation, I like being more in control of when we come and go, and not having to wait for buses.

Using only Disney transportation sometimes sounds ok in theory to me, but then I remember the times I've had to wait 30+ minutes for a bus and start getting anxious! LOL

Any thoughts? Thanks! :wave2:

IMPORTANT info from another thread to anyone using Alamo with coupon code AD8698SDF - not only does this coupon not longer work, but reservations made using it seem to have been cancelled, or at least cannot be accessed. Check your Alamo reservations!!

Off topic, sorry ... but so many people using car transportation I had to ask in here!

I'm trying to find good reasons to convince my sister we need a car for our trip next week. I have a car reserved, Wed-Wed, for $200. She's leaning towards using Disney transportation, I like being more in control of when we come and go, and not having to wait for buses.

Using only Disney transportation sometimes sounds ok in theory to me, but then I remember the times I've had to wait 30+ minutes for a bus and start getting anxious! LOL

You'll find a split on the Dis. I am ALL PRO car UNLESS:

All drivers are going to drink alcohol at the same time

If one requires several car seats that need to be carried or rented

The potential driver is a nervous wreck driving at home and/or strange places (my mother was like this - from her 30s - she was better in her late 50s)

The $$$ will be a strain - it can be given up for some peace of $ mind

IMPORTANT info from another thread to anyone using Alamo with coupon code AD8698SDF - not only does this coupon not longer work, but reservations made using it seem to have been cancelled, or at least cannot be accessed. Check your Alamo reservations!!

I had that code - cancelled a week ago for Hertz over the extra spouse charge. Wonder what will happen to those that don't find out in advance.

So for me I only have a car when traveling with my youngest two kids due to their anxiety issues. If I'm traveling alone, with another adult or with my oldest, I don't reserve a car for a few reason. I tend to drink alcohol more and don't want to be responsible for driving. Most times we're okay with waiting on transportation and only a few times has it been really a long wait. Lastly with the new parking fee at resorts it basically increases the price to stay on site with a car. I would really rather stay at a resort that's closer to the theme parks like say Polynesian and be near the monorail rather than rent a car for that reason for these reasons and to save on parking fees if transportation anxieties are an issue for an adult.

Last edited:
I just found out we are going to Orlando for the first two weeks in September. I am scared to start to look at car rentals. Last year I kept saying how happy I was to have booked so early with great rates. I have an AP, Visa, Amex, but no Costco or AAA. Any suggestions for codes or discounts?

Dollar was down again today. Was at $136 for a compact for 9/23-9/27 but got a full size for $125 using the City Special.

I just found out we are going to Orlando for the first two weeks in September. I am scared to start to look at car rentals. Last year I kept saying how happy I was to have booked so early with great rates. I have an AP, Visa, Amex, but no Costco or AAA. Any suggestions for codes or discounts?

You can try the passholder code 860292 and there’s a $25 coupon code AD3868JST. I’m going sep 9-22 13 nights and have a full size for $320.

Just a heads up .........
Today is "National Dollar day" .
Dollar is running a 30% off sale today only , and its real !

I was able to get our 10 day Minivan rental out of MCO down to $270. otd .
Dont think we are going to do better than that with only a month to go.

Thats a really good deal for a minivan for 10 days , since we originally started out around $600. for the same timeframe !

Dollar is running a 30% off sale today only , and its real !

I was able to get our 10 day Minivan rental out of MCO down to $270. otd .
Dont think we are going to do better than that with only a month to go.

Thats a really good deal for a minivan for 10 days , since we originally started out around $600. for the same timeframe !
Is there a code?

Dollar is running a 30% off sale today only , and its real !...

Is there a code?

I found you have to click the Book Now under the sale banner. ...

Thanks on the heads up on that... You can either click Book Now under the sale banner or use promo code 101368. Unfortunately (for me) the rental can not begin before August 18...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter