Holy August &September car rental rates $$$$$

Just used the above code and it saved me another $11.00 Better than Costco somehow. I am still way higher than I want to be for 10 days. ($366.90 for 8/10-8/20) for a standard. I also noticed if you play around with the times by just a half hour either or both ways that can really drop the price for some reason.

Woohoooo
I just remembered that there is no full size aisle (or so I have read here) - changed to standard and upped the arrival by .5 hour Landing 35 minutes before my reservation so after waiting for luggage - who cares if I have to sit for 15 minutes. :beach:

Dropped another $61.00 :cool1:

at $316 for standard for 12 days.

Thank you for the time reminder.

Dollar is on the way down for September.
Our 10 day minivan rental was hovering about $560 at the lowest I have seen .
Today got it down to $517 all in .
All I used was the southwest special on the Dollar site (10% off , and double points) .

Using the above codes for Alamo, it was about $539. for our dates .

We used to be mostly Alamo customers at MCO, but have been using Dollar lately (past several years) and they have been fantastic to deal with.
FYI , if you join the Dollar Express Club , you can bypass the Dollar line in the terminal, and go directly out to the garage ...........AND in MCO , you can also pick out your own car being a Dollar Express member ! (I know thats why most people like Alamo) .

Dollar is still going down this weekend ...........
Was able to get our minivan rate down even lower . We are down to $439 OTD , for a 10 day minivan rental out of MCO . The regular cars are much lower for anyone looking . We need a minivan for this trip, otherwise I would grab a car .
Mid up to Full prices for our 10 day timeframe are between $250-$290 ! not bad for 10 days ! The one week (7 day) rates are about $200 OTD !

No codes , just looked under the specials tab, and used the Southwest 10% off and double rapids rewards points offer .

Woohoooo
I just remembered that there is no full size aisle (or so I have read here) - changed to standard and upped the arrival by .5 hour Landing 35 minutes before my reservation so after waiting for luggage - who cares if I have to sit for 15 minutes. :beach:

Dropped another $61.00 :cool1:

at $316 for standard for 12 days.

Thank you for the time reminder.
Oh that's great! I hope I can get a drop like that. Yep no standard at MCO so that is a nice little upgrade too :)

I’m booked with Alamo and my rate has gone up again. I’m still 6 weeks out.

I’m booked with Alamo and my rate has gone up again. I’m still 6 weeks out.
Try Autoslash.com. My Alamo rate went down significantly. Reputable company, great reviews. I was able to drop the rental car off at the Dolphin instead of bringing it back to MCO. Got a full week with Alamo for $207 for a full size.

Thank you so much for this! I was able to save an additional $30 from the previous rental company I had booked AND I upgraded to a Rav4 versus a tiny compact.

Alamo isn't doing free spouses. $15/day Have to start the rental search drama all over again.

That stinks, sorry you have to do that. Well, guess who is driving that week for us...(hint: it's not me) :rotfl2:

I want to be you but I arrive first to run the errands. The Alamo rep said she hadn't been told of a charge ( contrary to website) - You should still ask to add yourself in case they choose not to charge.
Likely leveraging my UC tickets I bought to switch to Avis. Will cost $60 more and no choice at aisle but they don't require spouse to even show up.
Guess who will be taking ME from airport....hint not me :rotfl2:

DONE! party:

A colleague mentioned HERTZ AAA always includes all members (spouse).

AAA hadn't been great with other discounts ( a few dollars here and there) so my hopes were not high. Alas, I was able to secure a Full size (minimum guarantee for 4 doors) for 13 days at MCO for $338. Prepay. Would I prefer not to prepay > Of course.

Do I want to spend one more minute of my life chasing down codes, contracts, coupons, discounts, comparisons, terms > NO! :badpc:

They have an aisle-like service so I can still play pick-the-model/color. Maybe, I'll get an SUV. :cheer2:

Could the rates go down > sure. But I was content with my $316 for Alamo before the whole spouse extra hoopla. Will I know? No way - my rental shopping for this trip has concluded. Looking forward to my name on the LED board. Thrilled there will be no pressured upsell - I have a Sunpass and excellent auto insurance. I can pay off the charge before we even leave.

So happy to be DONE. :cool1:

Thanks to all that participated in this journey. :disrocks:

Dollar is still going down this weekend ...........
Was able to get our minivan rate down even lower . We are down to $439 OTD , for a 10 day minivan rental out of MCO . The regular cars are much lower for anyone looking . We need a minivan for this trip, otherwise I would grab a car .
Mid up to Full prices for our 10 day timeframe are between $250-$290 ! not bad for 10 days ! The one week (7 day) rates are about $200 OTD !

No codes , just looked under the specials tab, and used the Southwest 10% off and double rapids rewards points offer .

Dollar is still going down ..........

We are down to $380. OTD , for a minivan 10 day rental in September . This is for pick-up and drop off at MCO .

One thing to add ..........
I have noticed prices may be CONSIDERABLY cheaper if you time your reservation on the "30's" of the hour. (at least with Dollar) .
There was at least a $200. difference in our prices when I moved our pick up and drop off time to a "half hour" time , instead of "on the hour" .

Something to try ...........

Boy the rates for Alamo don’t move at all lately. Hopefully as summer starts to whine down, things will drop. Generally September usually has good rates. I’ve been stuck at $353 for a standard for a 13 day rental. Really hoping to get under $300. Rates have been high all year. Of course airfare is running higher too. I leave on September 9th, but don’t have airfare home yet.

Boy the rates for Alamo don’t move at all lately. Hopefully as summer starts to whine down, things will drop. Generally September usually has good rates. I’ve been stuck at $353 for a standard for a 13 day rental. Really hoping to get under $300. Rates have been high all year. Of course airfare is running higher too. I leave on September 9th, but don’t have airfare home yet.

Lol, this morning my rate dropped to $345 for my 13 day rental. Finally a little movement.

Looking for a new Alamo coupon. I was using the $30 one, but it’s not working anymore. Plus the reservation I’m holding with it will not let me in. Ugh. If you used AD2365FDN you might want to check your reservation. I’m hoping it’s a glitch.

Looking for a new Alamo coupon. I was using the $30 one, but it’s not working anymore. Plus the reservation I’m holding with it will not let me in. Ugh. If you used AD2365FDN you might want to check your reservation. I’m hoping it’s a glitch.

I ended up switching to Hertz. Very straightforward except it is a AAA and prepay rate.
Spouse included!

I ended up switching to Hertz. Very straightforward except it is a AAA and prepay rate.
Spouse included!

If you sign up for Hertz's free loyalty program online, you'll have to go to their counter for your first rental - but for all other rentals after that, you can go straight out to the garage to pick your car!

If you sign up for Hertz's free loyalty program online, you'll have to go to their counter for your first rental - but for all other rentals after that, you can go straight out to the garage to pick your car!

Yes! Their rep said I could go to the counter in the garage the first time (way netter than the mass line in the airport)

If this isn't true. Hoping someone will tell me. Please.

Yes! Their rep said I could go to the counter in the garage the first time (way netter than the mass line in the airport)

If this isn't true. Hoping someone will tell me. Please.
This is true, I did it last summer. It was way easier than the counter inside, very smooth and quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!