Holiday rants

Everything in the store has glitter on it and it gets everywhere! And would it kill them to wipe down the conveyer belt once in a while. It's got an inch of glitter on it!

I work with the public and I hate how rude everyone is this time of year. The closer it gets to Christmas, the ruder people get. It's not my fault that you still have shopping to do and have no idea what to get. The holidays have gotten so out of control for some people.

Everything in the store has glitter on it and it gets everywhere! And would it kill them to wipe down the conveyer belt once in a while. It's got an inch of glitter on it!
I used to work at a home decor store that is now going/has gone out of business. We would start setting Christmas just after Halloween (there was demand for it and it took so many trucks and so much time to set the floor that we HAD to start that early). I was still finding glitter on my body and in my car in February.

Listening to it on the radio a few years ago and watching the movie tonight...Rudolph sends kind of a messed up message. I mean I’m not boycotting or banning it, but it’s definitely lost some of the innocence from childhood.

How dare you admit to not leaving a small child unattended while you return a shopping cart! Arrest her! (Kidding but man is this such a problem for some people)
I kid you not, I have read of three car jackings in the last few days. I have NO GUILT of ever doing this. (or not doing it)

I grew up in Amish country, this was an every day occurrence!

As for Christmas songs, nothing beats this gem!

Me and my elementary school friends though this song was hilarious - we sang it on the school bus and not only at Christmas. Of course we were too young to to connect the dots...some of us actually did have Dads that drank too much. :sad1: It was a pretty common condition where I grew up.

I kid you not, I have read of three car jackings in the last few days. I have NO GUILT of ever doing this. (or not doing it)
I was kidding. Sorry. Do what you have to. There are worse things in the world then not returning your shopping cart to the corral.

My amazon wishlist has been a real help to her.
Yes! Early on in our relationship a gave a gift to my husband—a super duper extended “if you get anything on this list it will be GREAT” list. He loves it. And I love whatever he gives me. I did it so long ago, I’ve forgotten much that is on the list, and now I get surprised. :)

I don't think anyone is saying to leave your kid alone in the car for cripes sake. They are saying that you leave the kid in the cart, return the cart, and then you and the child go back to the car. That is what I always did. My kids were 13 months apart and I had 2 in car seats for a long time. But I did what I had to do and I never just dumped a grocery cart somewhere to save myself the "hassle".

Clearly I'm doing the cart and baby thing wrong because I just unload the cart, push it back into the corral, and carry him back to the car :confused3

Never crossed my mind to just dump the cart to avoid walking a few steps with the baby.

ETA because I'm giving this way too much thought :laughing:: Don't you have to carry the baby to the store or the corral to get the cart in the first place? Why wouldn't you just do the same thing in reverse when you leave?

Last edited:
What i dislike most is settling for junk that you would never buy if you weren't desperate for a gift. Most of the people I buy for buy whatever they need when they think of it. Several years ago I started giving "experience" gifts (membership to children's museums, gift certificates to local live theatre, musicals, lessons or camps) or food gifts that I know they like. I have a friend who sends me a decorated door wreath every year and when I get it, I feel like Christmas is here. I try to shop local/small but this year I have not been in a store.....Etsy has been useful.

I don't think anyone is saying to leave your kid alone in the car for cripes sake. They are saying that you leave the kid in the cart, return the cart, and then you and the child go back to the car. That is what I always did. My kids were 13 months apart and I had 2 in car seats for a long time. But I did what I had to do and I never just dumped a grocery cart somewhere to save myself the "hassle".
I had infant twins, an under 2, 4 and 6 year old, it took some time before I was comfortable taking them through a park lot. And yes, I did take them all to the store (only those with kid friendly shopping carts) beca I was a SAHM and stir crazy.

Clearly I'm doing the cart and baby thing wrong because I just unload the cart, push it back into the corral, and carry him back to the car :confused3

Never crossed my mind to just dump the cart to avoid walking a few steps with the baby.

ETA because I'm giving this way too much thought :laughing:: Don't you have to carry the baby to the store or the corral to get the cart in the first place? Why wouldn't you just do the same thing in reverse when you leave?
This!

Take your child with you to the corral and then walk back to your car. 🤷‍♀️

I work with the public and I hate how rude everyone is this time of year. The closer it gets to Christmas, the ruder people get. It's not my fault that you still have shopping to do and have no idea what to get. The holidays have gotten so out of control for some people.

It comes down to this. You either hear the bell or you don't. I hear the bell. For me gift giving is easy. And it's a joy. I always seem to find the right gift at the right price. I've never settled for junk. It may not be sexy or exciting. But it's always what someone wants and needs. We have to come to grips with the fact that most people over 8 years old, even some of our spouses and relatives just don't hear the bell. For them, Christmas is another set of chores to be completed. It doesn't bring out their best. Giving doesn't come easy. They never just know what to get. And when things don't turn out to the lofty expectations, well rudeness just sort of comes out. It's kind of like WDW in that regard. You either see the pixie dust or you don't.

I don't like playing the game at parties where you bring a white elephant gift/ornament/etc. and then there is trading and stealing. I've heard it called Dirty Santa, a name which I dislike as much as the game, ha. Something uncomfortable always seems to happen when I'm involved in one of these. For example, other players make a side deal to steal your gift and trade among themselves. Another one I was involved in, one couple misunderstood and brought white elephant while everyone else brought something nice. A family member brought the same gift for all 4 of her immediate family members, so that was awkward. I know I take it too seriously! It's probably just my introverted nature and the feeling of being a spectacle during my turn.
I've never had my gift stolen. Then again when you open up the bed bath and bodyworks collection for men, well you kind of know it's yours to keep.

Last edited:
As for Christmas songs, nothing beats this gem!

I have a Spotify playlist I need to add this too. It has other classics, like "If It Doesn't Snow On Christmas" by Joe Pesci and "I Hate Christmas" by Oscar the Grouch, and "Santa Has a Mullet" by Nerf Herder.

Listening to it on the radio a few years ago and watching the movie tonight...Rudolph sends kind of a messed up message. I mean I’m not boycotting or banning it, but it’s definitely lost some of the innocence from childhood.

Santa was originally in favor of shunning Rudolph. I mean, what the heck, Santa!?!

A more accurate version of Rudoph. Lyrics by CW4D Music by Johnny Marks.

Montgomery ward was out of money
So they came up with an idear.
Instead of buying coloring books,
they'd create their own cheep cheer.
So they came up with Rudolph
courtesy of Robert May,
And as our luck would have it,
we're stuck with it to this day.........
Then one foggy Christmas season,
In nineteen forty nine.
Johnny Marks wrote the song.
Probably after he hit his bong.
Then they got Gene Autry to sing it
And they shouted out with glee.
How could they be so stupid?
And the rest is history.

Many a Christmas story has been commercialized over the years. But Rudolph never had anything but a commercial existence.

My favorite version of Rudolph appears in the Movie Christmas Vacation. MERRY CHRISTMAS POOPER WAS FULL!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter