Holiday Party Grand Villa max occupancy?

3BR Grand Villa as a party venue: how many people will DVC allow?

• Strictly up to 12 (even though extra people aren’t staying overnight)

• Up to 30

• Up to 40

• 50-100

Results are only viewable after voting.

emchen

Let's Discover*!
DVC Gold
Say I wanted to throw a Halloween 🎃 Party next year in 2024…what is the Max people you think i can or be allowed to ghost-host in a grand villa? 30? 40? 50?

What are DVC rules for hosting holiday parties and gatherings in DVC deluxe villas?

Just found a thread…from over a decade, and here are some messages I picked out that answers my question:
You will certainly be able to host an event in your GV - it is frequently done and with Disney's blessing. They would be happy to assist with any needed catering too.

Enjoy!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Hey Buddy - I've hosted a party/charity event in one of the Animal Kingdom grand villas at the Jambo House. You can certainly do it. I've also heard of DVC members hosting Super Bowl parties in grand villas as well. They are great party locations.

Aaron

We have hosted two dinner parties at VGC Grand Villas in the past. It was a lot of work getting all the "supplies" and tons of trash left over for mousekeepers.

Our first dinner party was for 13 adults and 4 juniors and 4 infants. Our dinner guests parked at downtown disney parking and walked over (they can also valet at VGC for $22 or $27; VGC validates for restaurant patrons). I did have to pay for extra for overnight parking ($15); we had 3 cars for the 13 of us staying overnight (we had 3 infants; I believe we can exceed the maximum occupancy by at least one infant (I have added all my overnight guests to the reservation, so no flames please). The dinner party was over no later than 10PM.

The second dinner party was for 9 adults, 2 juniors and 4 infants (with only 2 non overnight guests). Dinner lasted til 9PM since we had a 5PM start. Three adults stayed up til 2 or 3AM (i was not one of them) just sitting around the dinning table chatting and drinking wine. The beauty about the two GVs at GCV is no "adjacent" neighbors.

In case you need to know, I hosted a party for 22 in our 1 bedroom suite on the Magic with no trouble!

Absolutely do it!! Our daughter had a Disney wedding in Oct, 2008 (reunion next year baby, and I do mean baby since we are now grandparents!!) and we rented a Grand villa for 3 nights at Boardwalk. It was the best thing we could have done. Total number of guests including family, etc was 34. Almost everyone came over the night before and then everyone came back the next night after the reception. There was more than enough room for everyone, especially with the balcony. Everyone was staying somewhere on Disney property, so the parking really wasn't an issue. It was probably a little noisy out on the balcony, but really not much more than the noise from the Boardwalk itself. We overlooked the area where the games are and had a blast when a few of the guys (3 brothers) went down to try there "skills" at the games. Yes, a bit of hooting and hollering, but we never felt like we went over the line as far as noise. I believe there was a post a while back that if therr was an issue that a Disney CM would ask you to please scale back the noise level, but like I said, that was never an issue for our group. So please go ahead with your plans and enjoy!!

It's allowed. I've been to a party like that in a Grand Villa at OKW. Plus one in a AKV grand villa.
Anyone wish to update these suggestions and guidelines? Anything new that contradicts the above? Thanks! @KAT4DISNEY even had a post in the thread.

1696994528420.jpeg

We had mid 20s in a GV at Rivera, CCV, and Kidani for a reunion and it wasn’t an issue at all. Riviera was the best with the very open layout. Kidani got bonus points for the extra restroom. CCV has the best table that feels like it could fit everyone. I was concerned it would be too many in one space. It wasn’t. I’d perhaps stop north of 35 people….

Just found a thread…from over a decade, and here are some messages I picked out that answers my question:

Anyone wish to update these suggestions and guidelines? Anything new that contradicts the above? Thanks! @KAT4DISNEY even had a post in the thread.
:rotfl:Yes, I've been around a looooong time now! :rotfl:

Have what is only my second GV stay starting in 3 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter