Holding Spots in the Line. Flight of Passage, Slinky Dog Dash..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting my usual feeling from when I see a post on "line cutting," which is, "Do these people seriously get this upset about stuff like this?"

Lots of people actually DON'T see a Disney visit as a competitive sport. Some of us also are inclined to cut strangers some slack.
I guess you’re a line cutter?

Yes, I get upset when I’m waiting in line, when my children are waiting on line, and someone feels entitled to cut the line because they consider their time (and money) more precious than ours.

I get upset when people talk in theatres when I’m trying to listen to the movie. I get upset when people have their laptop out in theatres and shining the entire screen upward toward me.

I get upset when people are rude. Most civilized people do.

Last edited:
I guess you’re a line cutter?

Yes, I get upset when I’m waiting in line, when my children are waiting online, and someone feels entitled to cut the line because they consider their time (and money) more precious than ours.

I get upset when people talk in theatres when I’m trying to listen to the movie. I get upset when people have their laptop out and shining the entire screen upward toward me.

I get upset when people are rude. Most civilized people do.

I'd consider myself civilized, and I DON'T get upset when people are rude. Someone wants to cut in line? OK, whatever. I won't waste one iota of my energy or happiness worrying about it. I just ... move on with my life.

I'd consider myself civilized, and I DON'T get upset when people are rude. Someone wants to cut in line? OK, whatever. I won't waste one iota of my energy or happiness worrying about it. I just ... move on with my life.
Deleting my reply. No need to argue about it.

Actually, I'm glad you feel that way. More power to you. I wish I felt that way. Maybe it's the New Yorker in me.

Keep refreshing MDE ALL DAY at AK and make sure you've either used all three of your FPs first or haven't used your Tier 1 slot (only other is Navi River). You will have a good shot at getting a party of four on.

That’s your choice. And to be honest I’m kinda jealous, I wish I could let it roll of my back more. But it really bothers me, and if I allow it once i feel like I am lending myself to the problem. I don’t want my kids asking why they can’t cut.

If I want to cut I’ll go VIP!

OP, we've had great luck getting on SDD early in the morning. We went to DHS, unplanned, one morning because we woke up earlier than expected. This was on an EMH morning as well - we got there an hour after EMH started (so, general opening for the park) and had a 20 minute wait for SDD. In fact, we got all of TSL in in an hour that morning. I would actually suggest getting to TSL in the morning, anyway, as it gets quite crowded as the day goes by.

For FOP, RD or going right before closing is your friend. I would also suggest refreshing for FP+'s or trying to modify what you have the night before and even day-of. We scored day-of FOP FP+ on our last trip and that was just a few days before Thanksgiving when the parks were quite crowded.

You could also look into EMM at TSL and the AK after hours party to get these rides in with little to no wait.

There was actually a sign outside of the ride in AK to make sure your party is together before entering the line. I don't know if that is because it was a really busy time (first week of Jan) or if it is a regular occurrence.

I also believe, at FoP at least, that on the sign it made a point to say there are no restrooms ahead. This sign was new to me and I saw it in early December.

I honestly believe you may be ok in other lines, but with FoP and SDD, people have to stand so long that tempers may not be in a great place. I agree with those that say keep trying the day of to get FP's, when I was there FoP was definitely do-able as far as same day FP's.

I would actually suggest getting to TSL in the morning, anyway, as it gets quite crowded as the day goes by.
Plus they'll probably feel better, if they are going during the day to TSL, in the morning as opposed to in the height of the day with the sun glaring down on them with TSL because of its design. Though I'd say go at nighttime too to TSL if they have another opportunity with the lights and sounds.

No, it's really not ok. Everyone has to wait in line. Imagine what WDW would be like if only one person from each family waited in line and then the rest just pushed through when that person gets to the front. There are lots of kids in the parks, after all. I would either keep trying for a FP, go at rope drop or at the end of the night, or wait until another trip.
Thank you for this common sense reply!!!!

OP- if your children can’t wait in a line like every other child at Disney then they should not ride the ride. I totally understand a bathroom break for young children BUT the age excuse of line is too long is rude and teaches entitlement. Also looking at other posts your kids are 10 and 7 (your words)- absolutely no excuse for them not to wait. If they want to ride the ride they can wait!

Same goes for saving spots for parade. Not fair to spread out blanket and then have people who were riding on the rides sit down right as parade starts- when others with kids sit and patiently wait.

My boys learned young to wait and use restroom prior to long lines. Same for parades- we sat and talked! No cell phones.

Years ago at DL my youngest was 4 and waited for pictures with Goofy- these teenage girls went up to try and get pictures ( this was prior to CMs standing by characters). I loudly explained we were in line and where end was - they left .

I have no issues saying things to cutters- or stepping on a foot. We stand wide and don’t let pass. Now a child who leaves for restroom understand - anything else you can wait.

Children don’t entitle anyone to special treatment. Everyone needs to wait. Plan ahead.

Last edited:

I think everyone, including you, is in agreement that line cutters are rude and they should not do it. However, we can control how we react to them and that's where everyone differs. Unless its a group of 20, I'm not going to get confrontational and probably wouldn't think about it again 30 seconds after it happened. Its not worth stewing over it, ruining your ride experience and the rest of your day. Doesn't mean I think line cutters should be cut any slack, but I also won't give them the power to put me in a bad mood either.

I think everyone, including you, is in agreement that line cutters are rude and they should not do it. However, we can control how we react to them and that's where everyone differs. Unless its a group of 20, I'm not going to get confrontational and probably wouldn't think about it again 30 seconds after it happened. Its not worth stewing over it, ruining your ride experience and the rest of your day. Doesn't mean I think line cutters should be cut any slack, but I also won't give them the power to put me in a bad mood either.
Well it wouldn’t ruin my trip, or even my day. But I won’t be like “Oh well” “So what?” every time people cut me.

But just think... ten people get in front of you. The ride breaks down before it’s your turn. They got to ride. You didn’t. It may work out that you never make it back to that ride your entire trip. Depending on the ride it may matter. We never got to ride Cars ride on our last day because it broke down after we waited a long time. Thankfully we rode it once earlier in our trip.

Or they get in and then a HUGE FP group gets in after them but before you. (When rides break down they let a very large amount of Anytime FPs through for that ride later in the day.)

Time adds up when there are lines for everything.

It may not lead to anything that extreme, but things can happen.

The good news is that SDD won't be a 2 hour wait. If you get there in the morning, not rope drop, you probably will wait about 45 minutes at most.

FOP on the other hand is a completely different story. Don't put your kids through the embarrassment of having to ask people to let them by because their mom said it was OK. If they are at all timid, they will probably just stop in line or exit the line. Then you will have a heck of a time trying to find them again without everyone exiting the line and meeting up somewhere else, assuming that they even have a way to communicate with you like a cell phone.

...... Don't put your kids through the embarrassment of having to ask people to let them by because their mom said it was OK. If they are at all timid, they will probably just stop in line or exit the line. Then you will have a heck of a time trying to find them again without everyone exiting the line and meeting up somewhere else, assuming that they even have a way to communicate with you like a cell phone.
I get the impression the OP was asking about saving a spot while the other parent and children were off in other areas of the park. He stated that one of them is 7 and I would think most likely not roaming around without parental supervision. That would mean one adult and two children trying to get through a queue full of people who have been waiting a lllooonnnngggg time and probably not the most friendly to line cutters.

Holding spots in line is definitely not okay.

Along the same lines: When I went to WDW with a group of 13, I was "in charge" so near the front of our group. We'd get a little ways in to the queue, turn around, and EVERY TIME at least part of our group lagged behind and there would be varying amounts of people now in between the two groups. I never once considered trying to get the back group to come up to us. We always moved over to the side and let people pass until the laggers of our group caught up. To me that's just common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter