HoJo or CCI?

It depends. Both are quality accommodations.

How many in your party? (CCI rooms can be a bit tight)

Children? Ages? (HoJo appeals to younger kids b/c of the Pirate Cove play area)

Dates you are going? (just in case the Ent. Rate is available at the HoJo).

We've stayed at both and here's our conclusions in short:

-Stay at CCI if you don't mind smaller rooms
-Stay at HoJo's if you need a larger room
-Stay at HoJo's if you can get the Ent Rate

Have stayed at both and both are great for families or couples. In fact, they’re the only two motels we choose from in Anaheim. Both are within the same walking distance to the park. Both have shuttles: HoJo has a small fee, CCI is free. Both have great staff, clean grounds, comfortable beds, clean rooms.

HoJo: better for kids, fun swimming pool, close to two good restaurants: Mimi’s and Millie’s, also McDonalds is right across the parking lot, rooms are usually cheaper than CCI and are larger than CCI. (you can get deals on HoJo rooms that you can’t get at CCI via the internet)

CCI: quiet, beautiful grounds, excellent continental breakfast, next door to small store & 7-11, fast food across the street (subway, pizza, Chinese, donuts), smaller swimming pool than HoJo.

I really can’t find any negatives for either motel. I’d recommend both to friends and family.

It is just myself and my wife. I have checked at the ET rate is not available for our April dates.

It is just myself and my wife. I have checked at the ET rate is not available for our April dates.

In that case, I would lean toward the CCI. Maybe even splurge for a premium room (where they bring you breakfast).

We were thinking the same thing when we were booking our trip for Feb. We had it narrowed down to the two and since we had stayed at the HoJo before and we won't have the kids with us. We thought we would check out the CCI since I've read many great reviews on it. Plus the idea of breakfast there helped in the decision.

I stayed at CCI in Dec and was a little disappointed. We have stayed there many years now and this was the first time they didn’t have ESPN. For me a huge sports nut it drove me crazy. Was out of the loop for over a week. Never thought not having ESPN would kill me. I drove my wife crazy. lol

I definitely leaning toward CCI. However, is there REALLY any reason to stay at one of the on-property hotels? I just can't find a wonderful reason to pay twice as much for the DL or Paradise pier. Am I missing something? We love the WDW hotels BTW.

The only real benefit in my opinion is getting MM each day that it is offered. Other than that, nope, pretty much just an ordinary hotel room at the PPH. Not worth double the cost IMO.

Of the two we would choose Hojos, especially if you could get the ent rate. The rooms at CCI are too small for us but ok if you are just travelling as a couple.

Hojos is slightly closer and has a bigger pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter