Hisprincess' planning journal, March 04, 2008! SP/CG/Morocco DP

I realized that I never really went into this at all, so here it goes...

Adam has been to Disney almost every year of his life right up until a few years before him and I met. I had never been, but always desperatly wanted to go and have been enthrawled w/all that is disney my whole life. Upon Adam finding out I had never been, we decided that we needed to go to WDW, and about 2 years after that decision we finally went Dec '06/Jan '07. While I was planning our trip and we would talk of it, Adam mentioned numerous times that we should get married when we were in Florida. I didn't take this seriously, and maybe it was a half a** proposal, but I would always tell him, no I want a big wedding. Adam always said that he wanted to elope when we got married, but I was always totally against that obviously. So, at this point, I have weddings on my mind, and I thought for sure that he would propose during our trip, and so did everybody else, but he didn't :confused: . Well, what happened when we got down there, is that I fell in LOVE:love: , and I mean head over heals gaga love w/WDW, and this may seem tacky, but even more w/DF. While in the world, we saw cindy's carriage at the WP from the monorail and Adam asked me if I wanted that for our wedding and my response was something like a gigantic smile because I didn't realize that there were weddings at WDW and I never thought he would want that and something along the lines of, well you have to propose first! Well, unfortunatly it didn't happen on the trip which I found that he actually had planned to do!! which he later told me about and said that he didn't because he decided that he didn't think that I was ready for marriage. Well, anyway, being at disney and seeing that weddings were possible there, I started looking into it asap when we got back, and mentioned it to DF, and he wasn't against it! His response was something like whatever my princess wants! So, we compromised in what we both wanted in a wedding, he is getting the closest thing to eloping in that it is only our immediate family and I am actually getting my wedding. I fell in Love w/disney and wanted it there and the magic that I felt while there and the good time and even stronger relationship that adam and i developed while there really made me want our wedding at WDW. Then I found SP and it was a sure thing that I had to have it there!

Sorry that was so long and I know I went off-topic a few times, I tend to do that a lot, but now you all know that story!

that is the cutest story....I took DH to his 1st wdw trip too....let me tell you on the other side it feels SO great to watch someone that has NEVER gone & to see the amazement & excitement in their faces!!
Im glad your DF was the one to be the 1st to take you...it makes it all that more special!!!

Oh...& you are just a sweetie to say such nice things about my sig pics...i think you are beautiful & you & Df make a stunning couple!!

that is the cutest story....I took DH to his 1st wdw trip too....let me tell you on the other side it feels SO great to watch someone that has NEVER gone & to see the amazement & excitement in their faces!!
Im glad your DF was the one to be the 1st to take you...it makes it all that more special!!!

Oh...& you are just a sweetie to say such nice things about my sig pics...i think you are beautiful & you & Df make a stunning couple!!

Df kept telling me he was loving being there because it was my first time and he thought it was the greatest thing to be able to watch me. In fact, in many ride photos that is what he was doing, haha. I was like a little kid. It did make it very special to be able to experience WDW w/him for the first time.

Awww and thanks for saying such nice things you are a sweet person too, and now maybe my new best friend,:laughing: !

Merisa, that dress from Target will look so gorgeous on you! And what a steal! I love the sash idea. I wish I had the body for that dress...did you say you were thinking about a lavendar sash?? Are your colors pink or lavendar? I think mine are leaning toward lavendar and something, not sure.

How is the new job going?

DF took me for my very first time ever to WDW 2 years ago, how cool! He has been loads, so I think he felt the same as your DF the first time. And I didn't really think I would like it that much! Boy was I wrong! I want to go back every day!

Everything is looking great. Keep it comin'!:cool1:

Merisa, that dress from Target will look so gorgeous on you! And what a steal! I love the sash idea. I wish I had the body for that dress...did you say you were thinking about a lavendar sash?? Are your colors pink or lavendar? I think mine are leaning toward lavendar and something, not sure.

How is the new job going?

DF took me for my very first time ever to WDW 2 years ago, how cool! He has been loads, so I think he felt the same as your DF the first time. And I didn't really think I would like it that much! Boy was I wrong! I want to go back every day!

Everything is looking great. Keep it comin'!:cool1:

I saw how much that dress was and I couldn't beleive it! I thought a sash would be nice to add a little something to it. I would put a lavender one on it, as that is our color, along with silver and white because that is just unavoidable w/a wedding I think.

I actually havn't even started the job yet! I have had to wait for an orientation so this week they have been poking me for drug tests and such and I start next week, FINALLY, but my manager seems SO nice, so I think I'm going to like it. Plus, they'll work w/me being in school, so that awesome.

I didn't think that I would like WDW as much as I did. It was not at all what I was expecting it to be, and now I want to go back every day too! Your not alone!:laughing:

I just caught up on your last few updates. I love the idea of the autograph book; I especially like the idea of getting the characters to sign it afterwards :thumbsup2

The story about your DF taking you to Disney is so cute! It's nice that he was able to share that family tradition with you.

My DF wanted to have a wedding with just our parents and Disney proved to be a compromise for us too. Even though we're having more people; it is a lot smaller than if we would have had it here in MI.

I just caught up on your last few updates. I love the idea of the autograph book; I especially like the idea of getting the characters to sign it afterwards :thumbsup2

The story about your DF taking you to Disney is so cute! It's nice that he was able to share that family tradition with you.

My DF wanted to have a wedding with just our parents and Disney proved to be a compromise for us too. Even though we're having more people; it is a lot smaller than if we would have had it here in MI.

Gosh, i hadn't even realized that anybody commented on here! haha, I guess I should pay more attention to my own PJ! Our wedding will be a LOT smaller, and a lot cheaper believe it or not since we are going to WDW. DF was more than happy w/disney when I told him the prices versus what I wanted for a wedding here in MI.

All of your plans sound great, congratulations!! Don't let his family get you down too much, weddings bring out the best in some people, and the worst in others, and if they have their mind set on being difficult, you getting upset is only going to provide them gratification and encouragement. Hopefully they will shape up and jump on board!! So sorry to hear about your furbaby... :hug: I can't wait to hear more, and that mickey head shaped cake is great!

Wow! Everything is so beautiful!
I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I couldn't imagine losing my baby, she's already 5. Just this morning my DF's hamster died, and that was sad, even though that in no way compares, makes me teary eyed just to think about it.
Well on a happier note, eveeything that you have so far is amazing and your dress is gorgeous!

Thank you for the compliments and sympathy for my furbaby. DF family arn't trying to be difficult, its just that personally, when someone tells me they are going to do something, I expect it to be done, even if its half-a**. Oh well.

Tink-I'm sorry to hear about the hamster, poor lil thing. I am very sentimental about things, so I prolly would have gotten a bit choked up or something too.

I got the dress from Target a few days ago. It's exactly what I had wanted, I'll take a pic when I get the chance. (I'm working twelves and sick, so I'm kinda busy) Now I just have to get the confidence to wear it!

I also talked to Rosie today and she is just the sweetest! So now I have all my floral talked out with her and I have to decide on whether to do the AK or MGM for the honeymoon session we get. Any opinions?

Okay, so those of you that have been following this know that I was struggling with what to do with my hair, well this is it...
47b6da07b3127cce88ffcc262be40000001.jpg

I saw this and just knew it was it

I LOVE this hair. Hmmmm? I wonder if my hair will do that. I am debating between a half-up half-down look or a curly side ponytail. I think I may have to try it both ways. Is you hair naturally curly or do you use a curling iron and some sort of product to keep the curl in? Do you mind if I borrow this photo for my trial run? Please be sure to post photos of your trial run with your hair. Hahahaha! Who knew that hair could be so important?

The rest of your details are great. Were you able to cover those placecard holders with sand? I think that would be truly unique. Your colors are great and everything sounds beautiful. Keep the updates coming.

I don't mind at all if you borrow that pic! I usually use mousse (sp) a very hot curling iron, and a lot of hairspray to get my hair to curl. It's naturally about as straight as they come. I never imagined that I would have such issues with deciding on a hair style!

I actually didn't get those placecard holders, so no sand!

I LOVE this hair. Hmmmm? I wonder if my hair will do that. I am debating between a half-up half-down look or a curly side ponytail. I think I may have to try it both ways. Is you hair naturally curly or do you use a curling iron and some sort of product to keep the curl in? Do you mind if I borrow this photo for my trial run? Please be sure to post photos of your trial run with your hair. Hahahaha! Who knew that hair could be so important?

The rest of your details are great. Were you able to cover those placecard holders with sand? I think that would be truly unique. Your colors are great and everything sounds beautiful. Keep the updates coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter