Hisprincess' planning journal, March 04, 2008! SP/CG/Morocco DP

I'm sorry you're so stressed out right now :( Hopefully things will take a turn for the better soon.

But I love the hair, makeup and roses! So pretty!

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your future in-laws too. My big problem has been my DF's mom and her family. They are mad that the wedding is in Florida, so no matter what we do they aren't happy. When we put together packets for everyone we gave them to his aunt and her three kids. We knew that her one daughter probably wouldn't be able to come because of family circumstances, but we didn't want to have them feel left out. Anyway, they ended up being mad because we did include them. Plus, his mom thinks we're being selfish for having a party up here. The thing is his dad is getting the hall and his family really wants it. Maybe that is more the issue because he is involved with the planning. Oh well, just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone and we all understand what you are going through right now. :upsidedow

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your future in-laws too. My big problem has been my DF's mom and her family. They are mad that the wedding is in Florida, so no matter what we do they aren't happy. When we put together packets for everyone we gave them to his aunt and her three kids. We knew that her one daughter probably wouldn't be able to come because of family circumstances, but we didn't want to have them feel left out. Anyway, they ended up being mad because we did include them. Plus, his mom thinks we're being selfish for having a party up here. The thing is his dad is getting the hall and his family really wants it. Maybe that is more the issue because he is involved with the planning. Oh well, just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone and we all understand what you are going through right now. :upsidedow

It's too bad that people take such a happy occasion and make it so stressful! I'm begining to just think that as long as DF is there, and maybe my daddy:blush: to give me away, I don't really care what everybody else does! I'm glad I only have a handful of people to really deal with though, I feel for you having so many more with the custom, but it's gonna be great! Heres some :hug: and pixiedust: and thanks for the understanding, I hope everything works out okay with you and your inlaws!

It's too bad that people take such a happy occasion and make it so stressful! I'm begining to just think that as long as DF is there, and maybe my daddy:blush: to give me away, I don't really care what everybody else does! I'm glad I only have a handful of people to really deal with though, I feel for you having so many more with the custom, but it's gonna be great! Heres some :hug: and pixiedust: and thanks for the understanding, I hope everything works out okay with you and your inlaws!

Thanks for the encouraging words. I know in the end it will all work out. The good thing is that the majority of our guests are really excited. All of our friends and people on both sides of our families are looking forward to everything (I guess a few troublemakers out of 60 people isn't too bad.) We have a lot of people who have never been to WDW before, so it will be exciting to share some pixie dust with all of them :tinker:

hi...i finally have had time to go & search ot PJs i havent read & wow is yours really coming along!!

You 2 are just the cutest!!

I LOVE YOUR SHOES!!!!
i have used teeth whittener thru my dentist & boy does it work , but be prepared for sensativity...also try out the self tanners now....some did not look right on my fair skin....so start samppling now

i love the hair styles you are considering..your gonna have so much fun when you get to do the trial runs
its to bad DFs family seems so uninterested....but all you can do is give them the info & let them stress over it....its gonna be thier loss

i cant wait to see your bridal shower...but i still think you could do an under the sea/mermaid theme....i say if you love it...go for it

Congrats & keep up the thread!!!

Found your report today and love it! My SIL is getting married at Sea Breeze Pointe in May, and is just starting to plan. And since I'm the MOH I get to help.

I LOVE your dress and all your accessories!

hi...i finally have had time to go & search ot PJs i havent read & wow is yours really coming along!!

You 2 are just the cutest!!

I LOVE YOUR SHOES!!!!
i have used teeth whittener thru my dentist & boy does it work , but be prepared for sensativity...also try out the self tanners now....some did not look right on my fair skin....so start samppling now

i love the hair styles you are considering..your gonna have so much fun when you get to do the trial runs
its to bad DFs family seems so uninterested....but all you can do is give them the info & let them stress over it....its gonna be thier loss

i cant wait to see your bridal shower...but i still think you could do an under the sea/mermaid theme....i say if you love it...go for it

Congrats & keep up the thread!!!

Thank you for the complements and suggestion with the tanner. I found my shoes and I just knew I had to have them. I have a hard time getting just makeup to look right on my skin sometimes, so I'll definetly try out some tanners beforehand.

As for the under the sea/mermaid theme.. I have been giving my mom some serious hints that it would make for a fun bridal shower, so we'll see if she picks up on that.

I think DF family just doesn't realize that the wedding isn't as far away timewise as they think, as it gets closer, I think/hope they'll be more interested.

I cant wait for trial runs with my hair either. I'm not brave enough to not have one, so I might just have a couple friends help me get something close to what I want to make sure that I actually like the looks of it on me.

Thanks for reading, and I hope that I can keep everybody interested!

btw, your daughter is a little cutie!

Found your report today and love it! My SIL is getting married at Sea Breeze Pointe in May, and is just starting to plan. And since I'm the MOH I get to help.

I LOVE your dress and all your accessories!

Thanks! SBP is beautiful, but I couldn't pass up that castle in the background at SP. That will be really fun for you to help plan, I have a friend who is like my MOH in that she is right there for me for anything, (we arn't having a wedding party because of the restriction of the # of people) and she is always very excited to see what I've done and help me with everything. It's like you get to plan a wedding, without the stress of $$ I guess! haha

We are having an at home reception in MI and it is going to be pretty laid back and casual. I won't wear my dress, it's going to just be something fun and not too expensive. My mom is going to make the food w/assistance from DF's mom and probably my 9 aunts. Anyway, I found this cake that I am going to try to do something similar with for it...

LetThemEatCake.jpg

First my sad news..
my furbaby since I was 10yrs old died :sad1: the other day. He was a cockerspaniel, and in bad health though, so I think it was for the best, unfortunatly.

My good news is that I found out today that I will be working at a local hospital as a nursing assistant until I get my RN degree, Yay! :banana: I'm so excited to actually have a job in a hospital!

Not that anybody is really that interested in this, but I was really happy about the job, not so much about my baby, but that was some big news for me too.

Merisa, I am soo sorry to hear about your baby! That is so awful...

But I am also very excited about your new job! Good for you! I work in health care in MI too, and I love it!

Sorry your DF's family is being not so fun right now. Everything will work out just fine, I am sure!

Good Luck!

First my sad news..
my furbaby since I was 10yrs old died :sad1: the other day. He was a cockerspaniel, and in bad health though, so I think it was for the best, unfortunatly.

My good news is that I found out today that I will be working at a local hospital as a nursing assistant until I get my RN degree, Yay! :banana: I'm so excited to actually have a job in a hospital!

Not that anybody is really that interested in this, but I was really happy about the job, not so much about my baby, but that was some big news for me too.

So sorry to hear about the passing of your pet. My cat that I had since I was little died last year and I have been waiting to get a new pet until my DF and I are married. It's hard when they become such a big part of your life :hug:

At least you have some happy news to offset everything. Congrats on the job at the hospital. My DF is actual in hospital administration. He is working at a health system down in Ohio in marketing and just started applying for some jobs up here last week. He's already started getting some calls, so we have our fingers crossed. He wants to move up here sooner rather than later. At least, for both you and my DF healthcare is one industry where there are jobs in MI! Which hospital are you at in Saginaw? I have a friend that just finished her physical therapy clinicals at St. Mary's.

Aww I am so sorry to hear about your puppy! When I read that the bulldog we are getting may only live up to ten years, I told my fiance I no longer wanted a puppy because I couldn't imagine what it would be like to lose her. We haven't even brought the puppy home yet and we are totally in love with her.

It is hard, but I am sure you have lots of great memories and pictures with your dog. Cocker Spaniels are great dogs!

Merisa, I am soo sorry to hear about your baby! That is so awful...

But I am also very excited about your new job! Good for you! I work in health care in MI too, and I love it!

Sorry your DF's family is being not so fun right now. Everything will work out just fine, I am sure!

Good Luck!

Thank you! I was sad about my baby, but I knew it was comming, they only live to be about 10 and he was 12. What doyou do in the health care field?

Aww I am so sorry to hear about your puppy! When I read that the bulldog we are getting may only live up to ten years, I told my fiance I no longer wanted a puppy because I couldn't imagine what it would be like to lose her. We haven't even brought the puppy home yet and we are totally in love with her.

It is hard, but I am sure you have lots of great memories and pictures with your dog. Cocker Spaniels are great dogs!

It is sad to think about losing our pets when they become so close to us. My dog had been in my life for a majority of it (from 10yrs old until 22yrs for me) and they do become a part of the family. I have a lot of happy funny memories of him though. He was a great dog too, a little too protective of me at times and a bit on the 'cocky' side, but a great dog. Don't let that fear stop you from getting your baby, if we were always afriad of losing individuals in our lifes, we would never get close to anyone! btw, I saw pics of your soon to be baby, and she is so cute, almost makes me want to get a bulldog!

So sorry to hear about the passing of your pet. My cat that I had since I was little died last year and I have been waiting to get a new pet until my DF and I are married. It's hard when they become such a big part of your life :hug:

At least you have some happy news to offset everything. Congrats on the job at the hospital. My DF is actual in hospital administration. He is working at a health system down in Ohio in marketing and just started applying for some jobs up here last week. He's already started getting some calls, so we have our fingers crossed. He wants to move up here sooner rather than later. At least, for both you and my DF healthcare is one industry where there are jobs in MI! Which hospital are you at in Saginaw? I have a friend that just finished her physical therapy clinicals at St. Mary's.

Thats what I plan to do, is wait until after we are married to get another pet. It is hard when they become such a big part of your life, especially when you get them so young, it's like they have always been there and its wierd without them.

Thanks for the congrats, I hope your DF gets a job soon up here. He is definetly looking in the right field to come to michigan and work (sometimes I think its the ONLY industry with jobs)! Its actually at Covenant, I have done a clinical at St. Mary's and I liked Covenant better, so thats where I decided to try and work.

Well, I've decided that for our at home reception I am not wearing my dress. I have been looking for a white dress to wear and found this one at target that I think I might end up getting what to you guys think? I'll probably put a lavender sash on it or something like that too.

I couldn't get the pic to save so I have to give you guys the link...
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...-9361701?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000HBLAII

Nothing else to really update on, I think that for a guest book at WDW we will buy an audograph book and have everybody sign it that is involved in the day and then characters while on our honeymoon.

I'm also on the search for a simple but nice centerpiece for the table at CG, I want to dress the table up and make it look nice just a little bit.
Maybe something like this with some candles...
pink-centerpiece-with-banana-leaf-i.jpg

Im so sorry about your furbaby:hug:

I love that mickey ears cake.....i will remember that for my little Isa(thanks for the comliment BTW)...I LOVE IT...so cool!!

& GOD BLESS TARGET!!!
I love that dress & your gonna look incredible it that...i can totally picture you in it!!!

Congrats on the job!!!!:banana: :cheer2:

Your dress is gorgeous and the flowers are beautiful. Isn't Sunset Pointe at the Polynesian? I am looking into a vow renewal (20 years 12/08) and thought that might be a nice place. Your pictures of it look gorgeous.

Im so sorry about your furbaby:hug:

I love that mickey ears cake.....i will remember that for my little Isa(thanks for the comliment BTW)...I LOVE IT...so cool!!

& GOD BLESS TARGET!!!
I love that dress & your gonna look incredible it that...i can totally picture you in it!!!

Congrats on the job!!!!:banana: :cheer2:

Thank you! I just found the dress in true white too, so now I'm debating which color to get.

I though that cake was so cute, it would make an awesome cake for any disney occastion IMO.

I really liked seeing all the different sig pics you were putting up too, very pretty!

Your dress is gorgeous and the flowers are beautiful. Isn't Sunset Pointe at the Polynesian? I am looking into a vow renewal (20 years 12/08) and thought that might be a nice place. Your pictures of it look gorgeous.

Thank you for the compliments. Sunset Pointe is at the Poly and I think it looks just gorgeous too! Congratulations on the 20 years also, thats amazing, you might be able to find even more pics of it w/the search tool here if you wanted more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter