Hindsight is 2020 - A VERY late trip report (NYE and Feb/March cruise) - Updated 8/27-Off the cruise and a VIP Tour!

And one of my favorite, yet simple, things is painting the mural!

DNcAHXk.jpg
LsTR8Qz.jpg
jVca21u.jpg

I wish I had room (and money) for some of these Star Wars artwork

DTUXqkH.jpg

A pause at Decadent Delights. Lemon and Blood Orange Tart.

bgsHoKa.jpg

Canada, more fun photos!

AADPbz1.jpg
nRsrnZA.jpg
QuG0wUd.jpg
TdlFPGF.jpg
HOuy5WM.jpg

And I like this photo opp! Looks like Baby has become a pirate!

oBzhB2f.jpg

And UK photos

03xp2K4.jpg
LsjDKZ6.jpg
ORG8xfu.jpg

At the IG, I got this for my little guy! It was very cute!

cMAaYSZ.jpg

If you notice I didn’t go on any rides, but that’s because all my fastpasses were at another park! So I said goodbye to Zach (for now) and skylinered it over to DHS!

Coming up: Heading to Hollywood

Baby Yoda is having lots of fun in Epcot. Love all his photos.

Love all the chalk characters and paintings. The food looks so good.

That is a really funny painting!

Love all of the find baby images.
I like that painting a lot! Just wait for more Baby Yoda photos - I even did some Hide and Seek ones, lol!
Baby Yoda is having lots of fun in Epcot. Love all his photos.

Love all the chalk characters and paintings. The food looks so good.
Yes, he liked his first day, haha! The food was yummy.
You did a lot in EPCOT! And tried some good looking food. Makes me look forward to going in 2022 for Festival of Arts!
Just a nice loop around the world showcase, eating and taking photos!
Sounds like such a great day! I love all of Baby Yoda's pics- and his first visit button!!
It was so cute on him!

Part 2 – Baby Yoda goes to Hollywood

After a Skyliner ride, Baby decided to help me enter the park (though I still had to use my fingerprint)

42uSOaP.jpg
pvxx3fq.gif

And some cute photos!

P2xweot.jpg
FuLOGMZ.jpg
loSOSDe.jpg

I couldn’t wait for this to open! I think the CM previews had started, or were about to start. I had fastpasses set up for after I got back from the cruise!

WrTMwZm.jpg

Over to Toy Story Land. Baby enjoyed his time! (And I had fun experimenting with my new wide-angle lens on my phone)

taWAfYq.jpg
gzEgsJi.jpg
WwPwkHE.jpg
WgtXYJz.jpg
w1qWPz0.jpg

First fastpass – Slinky Dog Dash. I purposefully booked these passes for the afternoon so I could get food at Festival of the Arts and also not rush around when I still had jetlag.

Lhv8u4H.jpg

Baby didn’t quite make the height requirement, but they made an exception. (Also I didn’t realize the ride photo didn’t get into my account until it was too late.)

kyWAQsb.jpg
Md0adXQ.jpg
cDuZyPU.jpg
0XL37Vx.jpg
DAejeKm.gif

A couple more photos… This was fun since I have explored so much of WDW, but this time I got to do some fun unique stuff! Can you find Baby?

j9BGgoI.jpg

Watch out for the claw!

UDxWVgF.jpg

And introducing Baby to his universe! He was very excited

m95ZCY0.jpg
mriMaTZ.jpg

Watch out for the First Order!

EE8N7Ia.jpg
pqKg45L.jpg
DTIfx4B.jpg

Blue Milk, yum!

YKlGQqj.jpg

Anyone going to Dagobah?

NzmyYZG.jpg
2oTUdag.jpg
JZqec1L.jpg

The Photopass person tried this, but it didn’t quite work out!

vXvZ6AM.jpg

Watching out for creatures

Bd4UpwM.jpg
iL3M8MA.jpg
J22868x.jpg
975ZtM1.jpg

Don’t cook him!

gH8c19M.jpg

Momma, can I have one?

IgRY9TQ.jpg

Can you find him?

m3AUZOP.jpg

Captured!

XBohxTC.jpg
R4Mbwd7.jpg

No boarding group for this guy

PLOLKnv.jpg

But we did find another fun photographer!

aJiww0d.jpg
7ploEep.jpg
QKjb5y8.jpg

Ok, after all of those, I headed back to Kidani. Yeah, I know – I only used one fastpass. I don’t even remember what else I had, but I didn’t need to use them, so preferred to chill!

wOG3nKc.jpg

I did check out the pool. Not too crowded and I liked the foot jets in the hot tub. The waterslide was also pretty fun.

3zOsmbF.jpg

Twilight photos

3ICdHol.jpg
4tRIm5e.jpg
2xHpXx1.jpg

For dinner I didn’t have to go far. I picked up this ADR while hanging by the pool and while I’m not a big Indian food person, I do love Naan!

6GIRaPp.jpg

I got the Potjie, with Butter Chicken and Chickpea Wit. I also added on 2 Naan breads, rather than the full bread service, because I prefer the bread over the dips!

yA0ahF3.jpg

And back to my room. I think I had Magicband issues, but thankfully my phone app worked!

BhPGxqj.jpg

Time for bed, while it wasn’t a crazy day, it was still fun!

Coming up – More Festival activities including an amazing concert!

So, I was reading the page and then my computer decides to go and block the DIS, so I guess I'm reading on my phone for the next 2 months till I get my computer for college. Why this matters? Cause I had 2 quotes and I lost them. And now I can't quote.

Anyways, scanning the Magic Band was really cute! And I take it that you like Blue Milk better than Green?

Your Baby Yoda pictures are so cute. It did help accent so many of the details in the park. We never made it over to the pool at Kidani but it looks real nice. Glad you liked Sanaa.

I somehow never posted my response to the latest update and al my comments are gone now... ooops.

Anyway, baby is adorable (obviously) and I love all the fun you had taking pictures around the park! It was so fun to find him in each picture.

Before leaving, we stopped at the entrance to admire the lights.

xwAdNul.jpg
6PoCh0V.jpg
tDCqYmG.jpg
mTpfWMm.jpg
2Ew5YHN.jpg
wT3PmsL.jpg
dmapm73.jpg
RWT1hpU.jpg

I was hoping the Tree of Life Awakenings would still be the Christmas one, but unfortunately it wasn’t, but we did get to see the Lion King version.

svehi7o.jpg
LkTUMxe.jpg
DOsffYV.jpg
vK0mfMe.jpg
3BPmHIx.jpg

And back to the front where Zach gave me a ride back to the Boardwalk. This was also the first time I took the trams at WDW (although I would take them at DL all the time)!

7XpZEz7.jpg
7uKBFto.jpg

When I got back to boardwalk it was a bit depressing as all the decorations were gone! (Another reason I advise leaving on Jan 1-2, so you don’t see everything being removed as it’s a bit depressing!)

9b5ByY8.jpg

I did like the castle paintings in the lobby though!

j6aNbBy.jpg
JRkwEer.jpg
jEDdNdC.jpg

Coming up - First time at Diet Epcot...
Really enjoying your pictures!

Found your latest report a couple weeks ago and now I'm caught up to the 2nd trip of the report. I really love WDW at Christmas and New Years. So crowded though. Last time I was there at that time of the year was I think 1989 or something like that. Weather was nuts, Christmas day was like 38 or 40 and New Year's day was 76. Would love to see Epcot n NYE, we went to MK that night, it didn't seem too terrible crowd wise (just normal holiday crowds) but trying to leave there after closing?? Oh wow It took over an hour to get from under the train station to the bus, and we had waited until like 1am to even try.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip and cruise. Glad you have been able to get back there since the reopening. I really want to go back, hopefully soon. I would have gone back as soon s it reopened but hubby was more hesitant. Now that we are both vaxed and things are starting to open back up I think I can convince him.....Hmmmm... :scratchin

So, I swear I didn't give up on this even later trip report! Just going to Disneyworld, then coming home and dealing with life stuff, I took a bit of a break from the Dis! Anyways, I promise I will never start a TR and never get back to it! So here's to finishing this one! (And getting my next one started up!)

Love all the photos!! So much cuteness! Sounds like a really laid back and fun day!
It was a laid back day! And great to remember so many fun activities!
So, I was reading the page and then my computer decides to go and block the DIS, so I guess I'm reading on my phone for the next 2 months till I get my computer for college. Why this matters? Cause I had 2 quotes and I lost them. And now I can't quote.

Anyways, scanning the Magic Band was really cute! And I take it that you like Blue Milk better than Green?
Blue milk is always the best, lol! I tried the green one and it was too grassy to me. I've heard mixing them is good though.
Your Baby Yoda pictures are so cute. It did help accent so many of the details in the park. We never made it over to the pool at Kidani but it looks real nice. Glad you liked Sanaa.
Kidani pool was nice, but getting there was annoying with having to walk thru the parking garage!
I totally would have dropped baby yoda!

I seriously could eat just the butter chicken sauce and naan. I don't really need the chicken...
I had an iron grip on him!

At Sanaa, I love the naan and the rice! But I'm weird like that!
I somehow never posted my response to the latest update and al my comments are gone now... ooops.

Anyway, baby is adorable (obviously) and I love all the fun you had taking pictures around the park! It was so fun to find him in each picture.
It was so much fun taking his photos!
Really enjoying your pictures!
Thanks!
Found your latest report a couple weeks ago and now I'm caught up to the 2nd trip of the report. I really love WDW at Christmas and New Years. So crowded though. Last time I was there at that time of the year was I think 1989 or something like that. Weather was nuts, Christmas day was like 38 or 40 and New Year's day was 76. Would love to see Epcot n NYE, we went to MK that night, it didn't seem too terrible crowd wise (just normal holiday crowds) but trying to leave there after closing?? Oh wow It took over an hour to get from under the train station to the bus, and we had waited until like 1am to even try.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip and cruise. Glad you have been able to get back there since the reopening. I really want to go back, hopefully soon. I would have gone back as soon s it reopened but hubby was more hesitant. Now that we are both vaxed and things are starting to open back up I think I can convince him.....Hmmmm... :scratchin
Oh wow, that would have been crazy to go to WDW back then! So many changes now!

It felt weird at WDW in May. It was right before most restrictions ended, but people were still not following all of them... a definite change from CA!

Day 2 – Monday, February 24, 2020

Part 1: Enjoying Festival of the Arts

Another morning with my neighborly animals! I think they were delivering the hay to the feeding pads and this zebra would just follow along behind the truck to get the first pick at each spot!

kcB8IM4.jpg
oHOYcOP.jpg
DH5tYFx.jpg
8J27JjC.jpg
4StQ8GC.jpg

Ready for what adventures would await us!

j4uVo6t.jpg

Today was the final day of Festival of the Arts, so I had an Epcot-filled day ahead!

CyJCt5s.jpg
9tKpS8Z.jpg
MiKCWVW.jpg

Busy under Spaceship Earth, though we had a fastpass.

TmlvjQk.jpg
LyCZ5NO.jpg

Baby had fun learning about the world he now inhabited!

FHHitWj.jpg
b3hyZwl.jpg
PJFRnFz.jpg
xYJACvh.jpg
cz6HqB2.jpg

Though I didn’t appreciate his interest in Foxy Brown!

clXh85m.jpg

I let him do the final survey. Though he didn’t show up in the photo – how rude!

0qBX3Ux.jpg
8jcvyPP.jpg
CN6o9G9.jpg

He had fun with construction walls

9zRSWEy.jpg
qPIUQND.jpg

And we picked up my AP magnet.

vprfYyg.jpg

Really like the living statues! Especially when someone doesn’t recognize the “living” part of it until it’s too late

h9QEwLa.jpg
qhE5uSG.jpg

More chalk art

OHZknjX.jpg
fu0pbsa.jpg

Even though lunch was soon, I was hungry, so I stopped at The Masterpiece Kitchen, for the Wild Mushroom Risotto (Aged parmesan, truffle shavings and zinfandel reduction), and the Smoked Salmon and Cream Gateau with egg yolk cream, paddlefish caviar, and micro-herbs. Both were good, though it was probably too warm that day for the Gateau, as, for me, smoked salmon is better as a cool-weather dish.

MZWajUZ.jpg
5hJRpyw.jpg

Here I met up with Zach again, as we planned to grab lunch together. We stopped first to check out Canada Far & Wide, which I hadn’t seen yet.

ykeGnsd.jpg
wCT7RVT.jpg
Ip7wwdl.jpg

Baby felt very at-home in the forest! And I personally really liked the intro forest (so sad it's closed indefinitely now)!

rZumyt9.jpg
KQ0V5PH.jpg
3UxDkzu.gif

Round 1 - Hide and seek with Baby… can you find him?

jjgcWm5.jpg
7n4LWeh.jpg

Spoiler -
ovUAyQJ.jpg
QvOnJMR.jpg

Lunch was at Rose & Crown, where we had one of the Broadway dining packages, as it was a special finale concert that night. I think we both got the United Kingdom Cheese Platter for an appetizer and the Fish and Chips as an entrée. Of course the fish and chips is always great, though I wish there were some more appetizer options, as the cheese platter is just ok for me.

alprMj5.jpg
Tk1wGHI.jpg
f2kE1Au.jpg

And for dessert the trifle, which Baby also tried a bit of!

7evDP7A.jpg
ERni2VK.jpg
Lk9Z7QJ.jpg

After eating Zach and I split up for a couple hours. He probably went to watch Voices of Liberty, lol!

A mini photo shoot with Baby in the UK

M4zm5vK.jpg
1O8IgPa.jpg
NBe7U7Q.jpg

Even though I was pretty full I had some other dishes I wanted to try at the Festival, so I sacrificed for it! At The Deconstructed Dish I got the Deconstructed Strawberry Cheesecake (whipped new York style cheesecake with fresh florida strawberries and sugar cookies with micro-basil). Yum!

x1xPzBw.jpg

And over to use a fastpass for Living with the Land, though the standby line wasn’t long anyways.

YDZTqz1.jpg
vMrqvwX.jpg

I made plenty use of my wide-angle lens, which I think works great during the day (I’ve since recognized at night it makes photos too dark)

Zw7Hx6Y.jpg
AARbk5n.jpg
PFS8btC.jpg
mkaMjxS.jpg
abzlpZG.jpg
hirG2tJ.jpg
bmXhkgu.jpg
tBCsXH8.jpg
UkBsyr0.jpg
Ip4lil9.jpg
vckzvvV.jpg
vbEzEYQ.jpg

Final day for the mural so I actually did a couple loops of it! You are only supposed to do 5-6 squares, but I also “helped” touch up where other people did crappy jobs for that same color…

VGx8GU0.jpg
0jaRdQh.jpg
LsSN488.jpg
tzGfOU9.jpg

Coming up - A concert worthy of Broadway

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter