Hindsight is 2020 - A VERY late trip report (NYE and Feb/March cruise) - Updated 8/27-Off the cruise and a VIP Tour!

I'm just finding this and you're already done. I enjoyed your New Year's trip. Lot of great pictures, food, friends and fun. How exciting that you're going to be in Disneyland when it reopens and then headed to DW. What are your dates for DW? We'll be there May 1-6 celebrating Danielle's graduation from LSU.

I'm just finding this and you're already done. I enjoyed your New Year's trip. Lot of great pictures, food, friends and fun. How exciting that you're going to be in Disneyland when it reopens and then headed to DW. What are your dates for DW? We'll be there May 1-6 celebrating Danielle's graduation from LSU.
Oooh, I'll be there May 3-13! I'm going to FB message you!

but I think it’s one of the best Toy Story Land attractions worldwide; that and Toy Story Mania).
Interesting. I do really think the balance of the 3 rides is perfect. You have something for everyone. And I know that if Toy Storyland had been a thing when the girls were tiny... we would have ridden on Aliens a TON! And I like that Toy Story Mania is not a little easier to get on now.

And over to Star Tours. I don’t have notes on which missions I got, but I think they had stopped doing the automatic Rise of Skywalker finale by then.
I get why they do that, but I don't like when they keep the same scene or scenes. Makes re-riding not as fun.

But I think in the future I would leave January 2nd (let myself rest on Jan 1).
That does sound perfect! A day to sleep in, maybe eat one last good meal and then head home.

I love your reviews!!! Thank you so much for doing them & allowing us to tag along! Can’t wait to read the next one, we did Disney Fantasy Jan 2020, feels like forever ago!

Thanks for taking the time to write this TR . I am staying at BWV next month and can’t wait. Looking forward to reading the next TR .
Thanks for reading it! I hope you have fun at BWV! I'm about to start posting the next trip (and I'm just going to continue this same thread)
Sounds like a great last day between DHS and your meal at Beaches & Cream! Looking forward to reading about the next trip (so lucky you got that in before the shutdown!)
Yeah it was fun! And I was so so very lucky!
Interesting. I do really think the balance of the 3 rides is perfect. You have something for everyone. And I know that if Toy Storyland had been a thing when the girls were tiny... we would have ridden on Aliens a TON! And I like that Toy Story Mania is not a little easier to get on now.

I get why they do that, but I don't like when they keep the same scene or scenes. Makes re-riding not as fun.

That does sound perfect! A day to sleep in, maybe eat one last good meal and then head home.
Our Toy Story Land definitely is the best. The ones in Hong Kong and Paris are basically copy/paste rides (RC Racer, Parachute drop, Slinky Dog Spin). Shanghai has RC Racer and Slinky Dog Spin, and then their own version of Maters/Aliens, which is actually super cute. I just wish we had better food/shopping options!

Yeah, I like when they do that so you can be guaranteed to see the new scene, but definitely not as exciting when everything all switches up.
I love your reviews!!! Thank you so much for doing them & allowing us to tag along! Can’t wait to read the next one, we did Disney Fantasy Jan 2020, feels like forever ago!
Thanks! I know - it was crazy how we were all cruising and then it all just stopped...
I'm about to start up the next trip (on this same thread)

Trip 2: Baby Yoda Goes to Disney World!

So, second trip in 2020 (and my last time at a Disney park).

dK9hOC2.jpg

This trip started coming together over a year earlier, when I booked a cruise while I was on my February 2019 cruise. I chose the final Star Wars Day At Sea 2020 sailing, which would be the first week of March. This would allow me to also do Flower & Garden Festival, which would have started once I returned from the cruise. And it also was a Western Caribbean itinerary, which I was slightly more interested in than the Eastern Caribbean. I figured I would do a couple of days pre-cruise at WDW and then a couple of days post-cruise, using my DVC points both times to stay at AKV, Jambo House, Value Studio (so the full trip Feb 27 – March 10).

Then, in fall 2019 I was invited to my friends’ wedding, which was happening on February 25th in Orlando (a Mardi Gras themed wedding). I also realized if I came out and did the previous weekend at WDW, I would get to do the last weekend of Festival of the Arts, so I added 5 nights at the front of the trip and took away one night at the end (new dates Feb 22 – March 9). By waitlisting and constantly checking the DVC site, I was able to piecemeal a full week at AKV, Kidani, in a Savanna Studio, which was nice so I didn’t have to move around like I was worried (it's fun to see different places but can be exhausting with split stays)!

I also didn’t overplan this trip. I certainly did my fastpasses and a couple ADRs, but I wasn’t as set in my itinerary as I have been in the past!

My friend, Dina from the NYE trip would also be coming out for the wedding (as we are both friends with the couple), so she spent two nights in my room. Most of the rest of my trip was solo, with the occasional cameo from other Disfriends, lol!

u0eMRcd.jpg
azRws6Z.jpg
xhsGX01.jpg

Oh, and I was going to be joined by one very important touring partner… Baby Yoda! (This was before his name was revealed so I still call him Baby Yoda.) He arrived via etsy and I ended up sticking a magnet on his bum, so he became a shoulder Yoda! Oh, he was a heartbreaker. I think every hour I would be asked where I bought him (he hadn’t shown up for sale at Disney yet) and were so disappointed when they couldn’t get their own! But he did keep me company!

pp5CffP.jpg

And on with the report!

Day 0 – Saturday, February 22, 2020
(I call things Day 0 if it’s primarily travel and I don’t visit a theme park that day)

The best MDE driver...and worst Uber driver

My flight was pretty uneventful, just the typical early morning flight from LAX to MCO. I had only planned on bringing one suitcase, but with all my cruise gear and going for 2.5 weeks, I ended up taking up 2 cases.

mhU5tPn.jpg
5eckD3s.jpg

And over to MDE, where I quickly boarded a bus.

UwU0FLV.jpg
EPDWHpN.jpg

I had the BEST bus driver! Since it was evening by the time I landed he felt ok making some more adult-centric jokes (i.e. there is a cougar reference in there), as well as did his own true Disney trivia! I even had to take a video because he was great!

LCCUcEs.jpg
S4CjNMn.jpg

And then he gave us an awesome Welcome to Disney World!

My room was pretty great, Room 7630. 2nd floor so great animal views. Close to an elevator so when Dina arrived she could had easy access to the garage and rental car. Close to the pool walkway (though I only used it once). And not an unreasonable walk to the lobby! Altogether I was very happy to spend a full week here!

BJmOx81.jpg
BeVfnwt.png
HMNx2lP.jpg
1c8KD6T.jpg
J5SRPY6.jpg
lqXYuMy.jpg
Lsy6mKt.jpg
TG9H18q.jpg

Evening view, but trust me you will see plenty more daytime views!

rWXqd7b.jpg

After getting a bit settled, I headed out for my evening plans – Disney Springs. For the most part I used Uber/Lyft this trip. It just was so much more convenient, so I was willing to pay a bit more money.

GgK26aV.jpg

Dessert first, at the Cookie Dough truck. I had wanted the cookie dough taco, but they were out, so I just got the regular chocolate chip option. It was fine, but when you get that edible cookie dough it is just too processed flavored. I prefer the unsafe, raw stuff, lol!

d93lL26.jpg
JvAMuC3.jpg

And into Disney Style, where I really love the decorations!

I0uSofd.jpg
shIPEaN.jpg
1bDbVDx.jpg

I had been wanting to try Pizza Ponte for a while, so I went there and ended up with the 4-cheese pizza. Sooo good! Right up my alley with the fluffy, chewy crust and great cheese! I will definitely happily go back! The calzones and desserts looked pretty yummy too

FYtBO4k.jpg
FrBIs1A.jpg
12MDyBO.jpg
NN2r7KK.jpg
lTBEF6e.jpg
i252PBQ.jpg
xXnIkHp.jpg

Some wanderings after this and I probably stopped into the honey store and Ganachery.

o97exT2.jpg

At LovePop I picked up the Baby Yoda card, though I never gave it to anyone – instead it stays on my own shelf! They have so many cute options there!

PuAxh2n.jpg
fEHrtnq.jpg
EVfG3at.jpg

At the Lego Store I ended up doing the custom Lego Figure. One for myself and one for my family’s favorite grocery store worker who always has his lego figures on his cash register! Of course, my girl kept on-theme for her shirt!

N41PpLt.jpg
wsZ3YQW.jpg
JKDzgTO.jpg
sF76KqA.jpg
tPXYBua.jpg
bsRftdI.jpg

It’s crazy looking at these photos and realizing we just put our hands in these bins full of lego pieces and germs and everything! (And we knew Covid was a thing then, just hadn’t quite took hold here yet…at least that we knew of…). Probably should have gotten this head though!

UsvcU4z.jpg
HmK0THv.jpg

Sassy Anna

SBYAWrF.jpg

Excited that I have now been to all of these!

ewkBM0K.jpg

A visit to Disney Springs isn’t complete with Amorette’s (at least for me)! I really want to get the Ice Cream Bar cake but don’t know if they still sell them. I grabbed a treat for breakfast though. Any guesses what?

v1MHU2X.jpg
4rQQWc7.jpg
XpxZLmF.jpg
xC0wJ8E.jpg

And World of Disney. Don’t remember if I bought anything, but I loved the Baby Yoda and Frozen displays!

ZnCu74G.jpg
rp7Xsum.jpg
yA83FaA.jpg

Unfortunately Aristocrepes was already closed, because I had wanted their bubble waffle. I guess I’ll need to do dessert before dinner next time!

S9ip79V.jpg

I did get to see the volcano up close though!

fJFUXow.jpg
ENRYO06.jpg

While my MDE bus driver was amazing, I more than paid for it on my Lyft back to Kidani. Ugh, this guy. First, he got totally lost picking me up; I could see his location and he passed the pick-up spot (which has plenty of signage) and ended up on the other side of Saratoga Springs. Then when he finally showed up, he asked if he could stop at a 7-11 for a drink. I mumbled, I guess, but he could tell I was peeved, so he just kept going. And then as we are pulling into Kidani, I ended up handing him my Magicband, where of course he dropped the AP slider, ugh, so I had to make him pull over and I had to go back and get it off the ground. He also asked “how long have you lived around here?”. Um, dude, you are dropping me at a hotel… Just overall weird and annoying! (Thankfully I think that’s the only notable negative Uber/Lyft experience I have had.)

Anyways, time to unpack and get fully settled for the next week! I was back at WDW!

Coming up: Enjoying Festival of the Arts!

Excited to follow along for both WDW and DCL portions of this extended trip!!

We had the WEIRDEST Lyft driver when we were at WDW last week so I can relate to how uncomfortable that is!! Luckily it’s pretty rare but when it happens...yikes!!

Somehow I JUST Found this and you are already done with your NYE trip! Those crowds after the holiday are crazy! I wonder if some were early arrivals for the Marathon weekend? I agree, it would be best to leave on the 1st or 2nd. NYE at Disney is definitely on my bucket list, primarily because I am obsessed with fireworks! I cannot wait for them to return to Disney. I think we just miss you on your next trip! We arrive May 13th in the evening!

Haha your comment on sticking your hands into things with germs made me laugh. It is crazy how quickly we have become conditioned to not touch things! Part of me was like, how are you all gathered so closely for that photo! So crazy how things changed so fast once you got home.

Love you travel day! Baby Yoda is precious. I can see why you got so many questions. Loved the ME driver jokes. We stayed at Kidani back in October but did not get a savannah view. I really liked the room and bathroom size. You got a lot done in DS.

Looking forward to the parks.

Dessert first, at the Cookie Dough truck. I had wanted the cookie dough taco, but they were out, so I just got the regular chocolate chip option. It was fine, but when you get that edible cookie dough it is just too processed flavored. I prefer the unsafe, raw stuff, lol!
We tried this and the girls were disappointed with the cookie dough. It just didn't taste like cookie dough...

I love that Baby Yoda joined you for this trip!

Your room looked so nice! And sounds like a nice night at Disney Springs! But ugh at the terrible Lyft driver- so annoying!

That is a really good name.

Sounds like a great travel day (except for that Uber trip, sounds very weird.)
I had planned that TR name since I was at WDW, lol! I just never got around to writing/posting the report!

And yeah, the uber driver was just weird!
Excited to follow along for both WDW and DCL portions of this extended trip!!

We had the WEIRDEST Lyft driver when we were at WDW last week so I can relate to how uncomfortable that is!! Luckily it’s pretty rare but when it happens...yikes!!
Welcome! Maybe we had the same guy?
Somehow I JUST Found this and you are already done with your NYE trip! Those crowds after the holiday are crazy! I wonder if some were early arrivals for the Marathon weekend? I agree, it would be best to leave on the 1st or 2nd. NYE at Disney is definitely on my bucket list, primarily because I am obsessed with fireworks! I cannot wait for them to return to Disney. I think we just miss you on your next trip! We arrive May 13th in the evening!

Haha your comment on sticking your hands into things with germs made me laugh. It is crazy how quickly we have become conditioned to not touch things! Part of me was like, how are you all gathered so closely for that photo! So crazy how things changed so fast once you got home.
Yeah, I tried to post relatively fast for these VERY late reports! The crowds were definitely no fun, and I wondered about marathon weekened

Darn about May - we will need to wave at each other from DME, lol!

It really is insane seeing how many sanitary things we took for granted! And it really was a whirlwind how I got home and then the world completely changed.
Love you travel day! Baby Yoda is precious. I can see why you got so many questions. Loved the ME driver jokes. We stayed at Kidani back in October but did not get a savannah view. I really liked the room and bathroom size. You got a lot done in DS.

Looking forward to the parks.
Baby Yoda was a lot of fun! I took plenty of photos of him!

I loved my view at Kidani, and got to know all of the animals and their little quirks.
We tried this and the girls were disappointed with the cookie dough. It just didn't taste like cookie dough...
Yeah, it feels like unless you have the risk of raw eggs and flour, it isn't worth it!
I love that Baby Yoda joined you for this trip!

Your room looked so nice! And sounds like a nice night at Disney Springs! But ugh at the terrible Lyft driver- so annoying!
He was a good trip companion!

Day 1 – Sunday, February 23, 2020

Part 1: Food and Photos in Epcot

A beautiful morning view!

kI0QfIN.jpg
QsrJdaU.jpg
bpviT8L.jpg

While the animals had their breakfast, I had mine, a Mickey Mousse! My favorite Amorette’s treat!

AbFh6NS.jpg
b5pAzoH.jpg

We were ready for the day and Baby Yoda was hitching a ride! I have accumulated a rather large collection of ears and these were one of my newest – for Lunar New Year (originally sold in Shanghai but became available in DCA recently)

Q6aEo0y.jpg
J8S0Zsh.jpg

Rather than take the bus or uber to the front of Epcot, I decided to Uber to Caribbean Beach and skyliner in!

9NdPASG.jpg

A beautiful day for it and we got our own gondola!

h7xj9Gq.jpg
cvnhlEZ.jpg
tlWOiUq.jpg
AXcwsPh.jpg
jGrAwDf.jpg
wLVlfAi.jpg
SDk2bLL.jpg

And looking at the construction of the Ratatouille area. (I’ve ridden this one in Paris and was unimpressed, though I am looking forward to the creperie!)

eeNNlpb.jpg
T4n7RLl.jpg
cAOsXoi.jpg

Welcome to Epcot little buddy!

sXY1blE.jpg
Qkirr5d.jpg
SoS8ODI.jpg

I love these easels!

QDCJtXC.jpg
jWj0afi.jpg

A beautiful day in France!

yEMt8sU.jpg
z4oz4By.jpg
nb9ZxTU.jpg
sNPDW1F.jpg
0ZdkzGl.jpg
ZCfVSWw.jpg

(Oh and around this time the magnet I attached to Baby fell off… Originally I had used a super sticker, but obviously that was not super enough. I ended up ordering a hot glue gun to be delivered to the resort and later glued it on, but that explains why he didn’t ride around my shoulder for the next couple days - instead he just peeked out of my pocket.)

Even though I didn’t do the Figment scavenger hunt I did search out the paintings as well as the “chalk” art.

rmxW6Rx.jpg
tJE6Bjp.jpg
clMtTg4.jpg
457sJeF.jpg
dxZUmq6.jpg
pA7yB1R.jpg
7hJoNZC.jpg

I think this was for Kidcot?

jJQBC5I.jpg

Gotta get those photopass pics!

x2Exl4c.jpg
PkniO46.gif

And first food from Goshiki pavilion. I got all of the food items: Taiyaki (fish-shaped cake stuffed with sweet red bean filling served with green tea chocolate and whipped cream cheese), Sushi Donut (donut-shaped sushi featuring salmon, tuna, shrimp, cucumber and sesame seed over a decorated plate of wasabi aioli, sriracha and eel sauce), Vegetable Gyoza (vegetable and edamame filled gyoza atop truffle mashed potatoes, shiitake mushrooms, pepper strings and tonkatsu teriyaki sauce). I also got the Nigori Sake Cocktail (frozen nigori sake and calpico accented with strawberry and finished with cotton candy).

cHkpoZR.jpg
p4lBbne.jpg
dPIPwef.jpg
A8n7JG3.jpg
EPTt3YT.jpg

They match!

FAGFqKD.jpg

I think I remember liking it all.. sorry, it’s been a while, lol!

I actually took it over to the Regal Eagle tables to eat, as I was meeting up with my friend, Zach! He got a big platter of food and I tried a couple bites, which all was good, so Regal Eagle is high on my list of places to try!

MTbHJfe.jpg

Before leaving I went inside to check out some decorations. (There was a long line to enter but Zach was getting a drink refill so we were allowed in; we also happened to run into my friend Matt, the groom whose wedding I was attending in a couple days!)

oa1l3NZ.jpg
cnjSzhT.jpg

On with the walk around the showcase, seeing Jiminy Cricket and Mona Figment in Italy

XTqUNLQ.jpg
mBnKEYu.jpg
zRXEPmJ.jpg

Zach took this photo since there was no photopass here

yOrbq7Z.jpg

Photopass took this though!

yneExE3.jpg
aze0gHN.jpg

Uh oh, derailment!

mY2hJ5p.jpg
EEW8M73.jpg

Finding the pascals in Germany.

8CA2K3s.jpg
vDXGWpA.jpg
YCx9Zgp.jpg

And more food from Cuisine Classique. Red Wine-braised beef short rib with parsnip puree, broccolini, baby tomatoes and aged balsamic; Saint-Honore Tart (caramel cream tart with caramel glaze topped with cream puffs). And Frozen Rose to drink. All yum!

9YIHhMl.jpg
OHmi3ca.jpg

Over to China. Some fun chalk there! But Little Brother got a bit too friendly with Yoda!

k89GIzT.jpg
95eOzCj.jpg
N3iMGYC.jpg
fzJ6EEz.jpg
joF6QLq.jpg

At The Painted Panda I skipped the food and just got the Sea Butterfly: butterfly pea flower-infused cocktail with lychee syrup, vodka, light rum and magic boba pearls. Very pretty drink but I was not a fan of the flavor! I had maybe 2 sips before giving up!

DGeYecU.jpg
RSl0Bs5.jpg

Norway chalk and Baby Yoda photo opps (I had fun with him at Epcot).

QZvACoL.jpg
i1nwucn.jpg
prv84KH.jpg
a26bAnT.jpg
iJyNt3i.jpg
gVXSlXS.jpg

And Mexico. Dante learned bad lessons from Little Brother.

ZVgUN5n.jpg
B9GMOz3.jpg
F95jz1k.jpg
FWn3P0k.jpg
33ROo99.jpg

Miscellaneous photos

MHlLNDo.jpg
OKa0XvV.jpg
CHNRnT1.jpg
1LkpfcN.jpg

We enjoyed the Epcot “Spine” with the chalk art.

xlpWX7z.jpg
VZtAvHE.jpg
16P2t8A.jpg
oM7jUWV.jpg
yCHTZNp.jpg
WqQ2uQN.jpg
dPUzA2t.jpg

Looks like this one was washed away.

HlXnNiC.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter