• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hilton Head Spring Break

What building were you in? I'm not aware of any buildings with a view of a dumpster - unless there was some temporary renovation work going on at that time. The only dumpster I can think of at HH is surrounded by high walls and away from view from any villa.

That's what I was wondering. In many stays in various 1 BRs, I don't remember a dumpster view. However, you mentioned second floor, and we've only had a few second floor rooms.

It had high walls, but we were on the second floor. We had a partial Marsh/boardwalk view and a dumpster view. Very clear dumpster view. We could take the elevator so not sure if that was main building or connected building. I can't remember. But, we could definitely see the dumpster. Lucky we didn't smell it though!

I suspect that was the end villa in Building 12 - but the main, direct views would be towards the marsh and the dumpster would only be visible (very slightly) by looking off the left side of the balcony. Certainly not a direct view of the maintenance building or dumpster where the laundry is collected to be sent to the local service.

It would be interesting to see any photos you took of that view.

I suspect that was the end villa in Building 12 - but the main, direct views would be towards the marsh and the dumpster would only be visible (very slightly) by looking off the left side of the balcony. Certainly not a direct view of the maintenance building or dumpster where the laundry is collected to be sent to the local service.

I hate to disagree, but it was not a slight view of the dumpster. Yes, I do remember it being the side view and I think the building location you stated is correct. We did have a boardwalk view on one side which wasn't bad, but your eyes still see the dumpster. Just hoping to get a better view with a 2 bedroom this time. I looked back at my pictures and did not take any of the trash. lol

Doc - I stayed in that room in June of this year. Perceptions are funny - yes you can see the Marriott truck come pick up/deliver the laundry if you are on the balcony and looking off to your left.

But for me it's my new favorite one bedroom. You can see the boardwalk, the pier and the marsh - actually a very nice marsh view.

I didn't smell or see any trash. Just the high walls,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter