• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hilton Head Spring Break

DVC SSR Owner

DIS Veteran
How hard is it to get a 2 bedroom at HHI at Spring Break (2 nd week in April) and what is the weather like? Are the pools heated well enough to swim in? Thanks!

How hard is it to get a 2 bedroom at HHI at Spring Break (2 nd week in April) and what is the weather like? Are the pools heated well enough to swim in? Thanks!

I am guessing it will be difficult. We bought HH points after having trouble booking a July trip. Spring break, Thanksgiving and summer are busy times for HH. Right now there is availability in a 2BR (so you may have a chance), but not much for a 3BR and limited in a 1BR (from 4/6-4/19). You can book next month...not sure what will still be available then. Don't know about the pools being heated or not. But the weather will be nice (not hot...maybe 70ish) though the ocean water will be cold.

I am guessing it will be difficult. We bought HH points after having trouble booking a July trip. Spring break, Thanksgiving and summer are busy times for HH. Right now there is availability in a 2BR (so you may have a chance), but not much for a 3BR and limited in a 1BR (from 4/6-4/19). You can book next month...not sure what will still be available then. Don't know about the pools being heated or not. But the weather will be nice (not hot...maybe 70ish) though the ocean water will be cold.

Thanks!!

We are another family who bought HHI points because we could not get our family in during Spring Break! We bought enough to go every other year!:goodvibes

We are another family who bought HHI points because we could not get our family in during Spring Break! We bought enough to go every other year!:goodvibes

We first bought 75 to go every 3rd year, but have since decided to go every other year and just added 50 more...but I think we still could use another 50-55 as I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to do a 3BR GV when we go (my 3 teens could bring friends). Though with 3BR GVs being so few and very tough to get, we may just end up with a 2BR and a studio...and in that case we only need 15 more (25 then since that's the smallest they come).

The 2BRs are still available for April...so PP has a chance with that. Good luck everyone. I am waiting for Sept 17 to book for next August...can't wait.

We first bought 75 to go every 3rd year, but have since decided to go every other year and just added 50 more...but I think we still could use another 50-55 as I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to do a 3BR GV when we go (my 3 teens could bring friends). Though with 3BR GVs being so few and very tough to get, we may just end up with a 2BR and a studio...and in that case we only need 15 more (25 then since that's the smallest they come).

The 2BRs are still available for April...so PP has a chance with that. Good luck everyone. I am waiting for Sept 17 to book for next August...can't wait.

We bought 142...can't even think about GV's! We own at VB and do do BC's there!

Thanks! There is still hope! :)

Pool at the main resort would be heated. I'm not sure if the one at the beach house is heated year-round. We've been in October and February and the weather is variable. We still went swimming, though! We live in SC, and usually in April you can easily swim in a heated pool. My kids would probably swim in an unheated pool if I let them...
We love HH, and for us, it's a great way to use up points if needed. :)

Thank you for checking. I will put myself on a wait list. Is 2 bedroom lock off less popular? We could also try that. My husband said not to worry yet....we could always get lucky!

There's not many 1BR at HHI (I think like 21 1BR lockoffs) so a 2BR WL would be more likely to come through. We WL'd last year for a 1BR for the 1st week of April (our spring break) and it never came through. It was also unfortunate that Easter fell on the check in weekend so that made it extra busy. I'm hoping to score a 1BR this year since Easter isn't near that week at all.

DD wanted to do HHI during July so we rented pts from Daddio to get it - we were planning to sell a slightly higher amount of pts to Daddio to recoup the cost but...not sure :rolleyes1

There's not many 1BR at HHI (I think like 21 1BR lockoffs) so a 2BR WL would be more likely to come through. We WL'd last year for a 1BR for the 1st week of April (our spring break) and it never came through. It was also unfortunate that Easter fell on the check in weekend so that made it extra busy. I'm hoping to score a 1BR this year since Easter isn't near that week at all.

Yes, you have a great week! Unfortunately, mine is the week with Easter at the end. I wouldn't mind a two bedroom, so ill wait list both if need be. Thanks!!!

I just booked a 2 BR today for our spring break, March 8 - 15. Of course, this is almost 3 weeks after booking opened for non-home resorts (we just decided yesterday). I tried for a 3 BR but there were none. there will be 5 of us so the 2 BR should work. First trip to HHI. It will not be warm but our main interest is cycling. :thumbsup2

The 1 BRs there are great! Just so you know, most of them are in the main lodge-closer to the cranberry nut cookies in the lobby!

We've been twice during spring break. Once the weather was in the low 70s, the next time it was mid-50s and rainy! However, the pool is always well-heated. I've seen people swimming in the pool when the weather was literally icing/sleeting outside one late November.

The 1 BRs there are great! Just so you know, most of them are in the main lodge-closer to the cranberry nut cookies in the lobby!

We've been twice during spring break. Once the weather was in the low 70s, the next time it was mid-50s and rainy! However, the pool is always well-heated. I've seen people swimming in the pool when the weather was literally icing/sleeting outside one late November.

Sleet- not fun. Thanks!

I just booked a 2 bedroom for our Spring Break trip 6/6-6-11/14. We stayed 2 years ago in a 1 bedroom. We had an awful view of the trash dumpster. So hoping for a better view this spring and nice weather. Any ideas on view requests for 2 bedroom? Specific buildings? I assume 2nd floor Marsh view is the most popular. Are there any more dumpster views with a 2 bedroom? Thanks!

I just booked a 2 bedroom for our Spring Break trip 6/6-6-11/14. We stayed 2 years ago in a 1 bedroom. We had an awful view of the trash dumpster. So hoping for a better view this spring and nice weather. Any ideas on view requests for 2 bedroom? Specific buildings? I assume 2nd floor Marsh view is the most popular. Are there any more dumpster views with a 2 bedroom? Thanks!

What building were you in? I'm not aware of any buildings with a view of a dumpster - unless there was some temporary renovation work going on at that time. The only dumpster I can think of at HH is surrounded by high walls and away from view from any villa.

What building were you in? I'm not aware of any buildings with a view of a dumpster - unless there was some temporary renovation work going on at that time. The only dumpster I can think of at HH is surrounded by high walls and away from view from any villa.

It had high walls, but we were on the second floor. We had a partial Marsh/boardwalk view and a dumpster view. Very clear dumpster view. We could take the elevator so not sure if that was main building or connected building. I can't remember. But, we could definitely see the dumpster. Lucky we didn't smell it though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter