• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

High Speed Internet @ FW

I am a HUGE Disney fan and visit the Fort many times a year. I really feel like the least they could do is give us FREE wireless. You can get wireless at McDonalds, Panera Bread and many other places for FREE! We pay a premium price to stay at Fort Wilderness. It is one of our favorite campgrounds and LOVE it but wish they could give us a financial break!
While I am on a roll..... I wish the Disney Dining Plan would apply to campsites! I feel like we are always left out! :confused3

I use my BB as a modem and hook it to my laptop through Verizon.... yes, we have a data plan, and yes, we use a cable to "tether" it.... we simply call Verizon, and tell them that we want to "turn on the tethering FEATURE" on my phone..... add the VZ Access manager to the laptop, and you're good to connect. Now, on *my* plan, I have a limit on the data useage monthly... something like 5 gb limit when tethered - but, if I don't download movies or music, it's all good.... email, net surfing, and Dising are all cool..... and it runs me $30 a month.... and it's pro=rated, so call and turn it on when you get there, and turn it off when you're leaving.

Worked for me for years now.

I am a HUGE Disney fan and visit the Fort many times a year. I really feel like the least they could do is give us FREE wireless. You can get wireless at McDonalds, Panera Bread and many other places for FREE! We pay a premium price to stay at Fort Wilderness. It is one of our favorite campgrounds and LOVE it but wish they could give us a financial break!
While I am on a roll..... I wish the Disney Dining Plan would apply to campsites! I feel like we are always left out! :confused3

I was thinking the same thing. So many resorts/hotels offer the internet free of charge.:sad2: Seems everyday there's another location offering free wireless.

We are going to try two routes to get on to the Net during this trip: 3G via an iPad and tethering via our Verizon Wireless phone for a laptop. Presuming there are no issues with service access for either carrier, we should have two connected devices. It's cheaper than paying for the access via the room connection, which is limited to the cabin only, and can be accessed anywhere on WDW property presumably.

Has anyone been to FW recently and could update me on the wireless internet situation? I am planning a trip to DW for January and would like to know if there is wireless (hopefully FREE!!) at the campsites. Thanks!

Has anyone been to FW recently and could update me on the wireless internet situation? I am planning a trip to DW for January and would like to know if there is wireless (hopefully FREE!!) at the campsites. Thanks!

We were there in September and we had wireless in the cabins

not sure about the campsites, but our wireless was easy and quick to connect and supported about 4 laptops/ipads/ipods

As of last weekend still no wifi at sites. Unless you happen to be close enough to one of the stores and happen to pick up the signal. Of course the stores have it and so far it is still free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter