HHI Renovations?

The furniture had not been replaced yet, but when it is there WILL be a sleeper sofa chair :-)

Thanks for the info Purrrrfecta! Were the kitchen cabinets already changed to white? Who/Where did you hear about confirmation of the sleeper chair?

Has the main lodge-and attached building started/completed its renovation yet? Are they refurbing the lobby? Thanks!

Thanks for the info Purrrrfecta! Were the kitchen cabinets already changed to white? Who/Where did you hear about confirmation of the sleeper chair?

Hi,
The only thing that had been replaced was the flooring, I believe. I can't really remember for I spent less than 12 hours in the room and I was suffering from
A major stomach virus :(

One of the cast members at the desk at HH told me about the sleeper chair. She also tolde that the tile in the rooms was not just covered with the laminate it
was actually taken up.

Hope this helps

Thanks purrrrfecta! We are booked into a 1BR in August and we are looking forward to the renovated rooms and not lugging an air mattress with us this time!:woohoo:

Renovations have been started and the plan is to have them completed by March. I haven't had any confirmation the sleeper chair.

YAY! So excited! We'll be there in August and I was hoping it would be done before we go. :)

we will be there in April....updates would be appreciated...our first time there in a 2bdrm

A very recent tripadvisor review has this

"They were in the process of completely redoing all the rooms and villas. Swarms of workers--even on Saturday and Sunday. "

The poster had not seen the rooms.

Anyone have pictures?

So excited to visit in June! We went 2 years ago and thought it was due for a renovation. I can't believe nobody has posted any pics yet...so suspenseful.

There are GREAT pictures of a renovated 1 BR posted on the hilton head lovers thread! Thank you flrealtorgrl! :thumbsup2. If anyone visits the resort, please keep posting!!!

Just returned home last week. We had a 1Br., 3rd Fl. In the lodge. Loved the new wooden floors and nice refurbish. Lg. amount of work going on and they seem to be working fast. BTW great room for sunset.

The one thing that upset my daughter was that the renovated room no longer has Shadow's footprints in the foyer because the tile is no longer there :(

I just saw this thread as we are starting to count the days to our annual HHI trip and our kids (24, 22, 16 and 15) just had the same thought..."I hope Shadow's paw prints are still there." We started going there in 1997 so since they were all very little (7, 5, new born and not yet born) they looked for those paw prints as the "welcome home." That and the bird house that used to be in the corner of the dining room table. Sad to see them go but will love seeing new appliances and hopefully a more comfortable sofa as other have said. Sleeper chair would be a great bonus too.

Thanks for the update/report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter