HHI Renovations?

Pluto's Gang

Earning My Ears
Has anyone heard or seen anything regarding the renovations planned for the Hilton Head Resort this year? The last I heard was that they were starting in January and wanted to be finished by the start of Summer. I am really hoping they are going to put a sleeper chair in the living room. Can anyone confirm anything?

Renovations have been started and the plan is to have them completed by March. I haven't had any confirmation the sleeper chair.

So excited...will be there in August. Anyone have any pics like they have of the reno that's going to happen at VWL?

Ooohhh...thanks. Not a fan of the hardwood floors (like they did at OKW) as they are noisy from the occupants above (found that at OKW). I think I will request top floor.

The only thing confirmed at this time is a "hard goods" refurbishment. The 2013 Condo Meeting recap at DVCNews.com has a before/after picture of a HHI room.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/owning-dvc/2457-few-surprises-at-2013-condo-meeting

The only thing confusing to me is that I talked with a CM at HHI who'd seen the "mock-up" room. He told me that although the plans were eventually for DHHI to go to the triple sheeting, like other resorts that the new room he'd seen still had a bedspread. It would make sense if TPTB changed their minds, realized the mistake and corrected it before the annual meeting (this was in November that we spoke).

I sure hope they do something about the sliding couches. Very uncomfortable to sit on. We're heading down first week of Sept. and hope the renovations are completed by then.

So... is this really going through? We are going in July and I like the brighter and more modern looking room designs. I think they need a upgrade of some sort. And yes, the couches really need to be updated

So... is this really going through? We are going in July and I like the brighter and more modern looking room designs. I think they need a upgrade of some sort. And yes, the couches really need to be updated

Yes, a 'hard goods' refurbishment has been confirmed for HHI for 2014. No time frame has been given for when the work will start or completed.

Yes, it is happening. The plan is to have everything completed by the time their busy season starts ramping up in March. They are working on blocks of room at a time so the resort is still open.

I sure hope they do something about the sliding couches. Very uncomfortable to sit on. We're heading down first week of Sept. and hope the renovations are completed by then.

I do remember that one of the first things the CM told me is that "They're finally getting rid of those horribly uncomfortable couches!"

b_800_600_0_1___images_stories_events_Condo_Mtg_2013d.jpg

From this image it does look like new sofas...yay!!

I just noticed that the chair in the lower left corner of the "after" picture of the living room looks just like the sleeper chairs at OKW! hmmmmm... :confused3

I was just there last week, and for one night I was in building 28, which was a renovated 2 bedroom. The floors are a very slippery wood laminate. I believe they are the same floors that are in the VGF. I thought it looked pretty nice and bright in the room. I checked back in on Sunday in a 2 bedroom that had not been renovated, and the first thing that ran across my mind was that the renovated room "seemed" more spacious although it wasn't. I think it was the brightness that helped to give that illusion.

The one thing that upset my daughter was that the renovated room no longer has Shadow's footprints in the foyer because the tile is no longer there :(

I was just there last week, and for one night I was in building 28, which was a renovated 2 bedroom. The floors are a very slippery wood laminate. I believe they are the same floors that are in the VGF. I thought it looked pretty nice and bright in the room. I checked back in on Sunday in a 2 bedroom that had not been renovated, and the first thing that ran across my mind was that the renovated room "seemed" more spacious although it wasn't. I think it was the brightness that helped to give that illusion.

The one thing that upset my daughter was that the renovated room no longer has Shadow's footprints in the foyer because the tile is no longer there :(

Could you tell us if there was a sleeper chair in the living room? Do you have any pictures?

I know-I asked B'leu about that when we were there in November. At that time, there were no plans to replace that "evidence" of Shadow with some other "evidence" someplace in the Villa. But he hadn't thought about it until I brought it up, he said, so hopefully they'll think to come up with something. Tell your daughter that I'm really glad that someone else besides me looks forward to seeing "evidence" of Shadow.

Very excited to hear about this and see the new rooms. We bought HHI this past year and our first trip is July 4th it will almost be like buying into a new resort.

Very excited to hear about this and see the new rooms. We bought HHI this past year and our first trip is July 4th it will almost be like buying into a new resort.

That makes it nice, that things will be refurbed.

But, my opinion on this is that they have gotten too far away from the theming with this wood laminate stuff.

I don't care for laminate.

I've been going to the HH resort since 1997 and have had points there since 2000. I like the idea of improvements. The sofa was always uncomfortable to sit on. The wicker chairs were marginal. But, I don't like all that 'white' look I'm seeing in the itsy bitty pictures.

New sofa and a sleeper chair would be nice although we don't need the chair for sleep - but so nice for families with young kids of opposite sexes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter