HHI Renovations?

These are from 2022, last week. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the renovations since I actually liked the darker decor, but I was pleasantly surprised!

Thank you Ellester for posting the pictures. We are seriously thinking about going to HHI for Springbreak next year (second week of April). I really like the looks of the updated rooms, it is so much brighter then the previous rooms. I didn't realize that there was even a refurb going on until I read about it in the Disney Files that came this past week :goodvibes.

OK, someone refresh my memory..the kitchen cabinets weren't white before, correct? We're having a big discussion here and no one can remember, LOL!

Yeah for the new couch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, someone refresh my memory..the kitchen cabinets weren't white before, correct? We're having a big discussion here and no one can remember, LOL! Yeah for the new couch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The kitchen was dark brown, green, and burgundy. I found an old pic but I can't share it from my iPad. The floor tiles were beige and dark green and the cabinets were dark brown. I think the counters were a brownish tile....

Ooohhh...thanks. Not a fan of the hardwood floors (like they did at OKW) as they are noisy from the occupants above (found that at OKW). I think I will request top floor.

We are here now. The floors are not really made of any type of wood. They are vinyl floors with a faux wood pattern.

These are from 2022, last week. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the renovations since I actually liked the darker decor, but I was pleasantly surprised!

Thanks for posting the pictures. I really love the colour scheme. Everything looks so bright and fresh.

I have never been to HHI, but having seen the pictures online I think it was due for an update.

Ok, I just got my copy of the Disney Files in the mail. There's an article on the renovations. A couple of questions:
1. One picture shows the balcony rails painted blue/teal. I'm curious to see a picture of the exterior of the resort. I just can't picture this color in the natural scenery.
2. Is there definitely a sleeper chair?
Thanks in advance!

Ok, I just got my copy of the Disney Files in the mail. There's an article on the renovations. A couple of questions:
1. One picture shows the balcony rails painted blue/teal. I'm curious to see a picture of the exterior of the resort. I just can't picture this color in the natural scenery.
2. Is there definitely a sleeper chair?
Thanks in advance!

The exterior did not change.
There is a sleeper chair in the one and two BR units. There is not a sleeper chair in the studios.

But the balconies weren't teal before. Are the balconies not a teal color now?

The balcony color hasn't changed. They did take the big picnic table away and replace it with a little round table with four stools. The two rocking chairs are still there (in the 2BR at least).

The balcony color hasn't changed. They did take the big picnic table away and replace it with a little round table with four stools. The two rocking chairs are still there (in the 2BR at least).

Good to know about the balcony color. I swear in the Disney Files it looks like the balconies are a very bright teal color. I was getting a little worried.

Does anyone know if the studios have the rocking chairs?

Good to know about the balcony color. I swear in the Disney Files it looks like the balconies are a very bright teal color. I was getting a little worried.

Does anyone know if the studios have the rocking chairs?

Yes, they have 2 rocking chairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter