Hey San Diego!-Birch Aquarium or Sea Life in Carlsbad? Going 2-14

Dizneydaz

DIS Veteran
Good morning! Thinking of visiting Birch Aquarium tomorrow and I see that you can get half off with a Culture Card from Macy's. Does anyone know if they are still available (started end of Jan.) and what would be the easiest Macy's to get to if coming to SD area from Corona?

Added-should we go to Sea Life instead? My DD10's current dream occupation is a marine biologist.

TIA

Or should we go to Sea Life in Carlsbad?

Added-Okay I checked out Sea Life and it looks pretty cool. If you've been there, is it?

Any info would be greatly appreciate inc. dining tips. (in the park, or somewhere nearby).

It's only a little over an hour from our house so we should easily be able to get there before opening at 10 a.m.

More Added-Okay I've been reading some reviews on SL and it doesn't sound very good. People have been mostly disappointed in it and it only atkes about 1-1/2 hours to visit.

I did read about being able to get into Legoland and SL free the last hour of operation but as I searched more it looks like it's no longer being offered. Does anyone know this for sure? We could stop off at SL on the way back from Birch Aquarium.

What about Children's Beach and all the seals?

ANYONE?

I know it's too late now but I think Scripps is way better for a 10 yr old than SeaLife.
I love Scripps especially the seahorses & sea dragons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter