Hey Mickey You're So Fine but Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Updated 1/7 Day 7 the end

I have not seen any of those details at AK.

It's easy to miss them. I find something new every trip.

You and Vinny can run form birds together. LOL.

Sounds good to me.

Nice pics of her on EE.

Thanks.

Was that when I got the text from kristel about the bird? Not sure what day it was.

It could have been. She was always sending messages to someone.

Nice walking tour of the animals.

Thank

Nice safari you had and great pics. Love the lion pic.

It was a good safari and I was happy to get the lion picture.

Ask her to help next time.

OK. I should have asked for help but that stubborn I can do it myself pride gets in the way sometimes. Very bad personality trait I know.

Caught up again.

:yay: I need to get caught up on some TR's myself. I have just had no time to really pay attention. After the wedding this week I'll have little more time.

Lorrie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Back from our weekend get away and catching up.

Great safari pictures...they came out great.

Sorry about the bumps and drips and drops of the food. But glad you enjoyed lunch anway (I'm with you...love that sandwich...although Olivia's is a tad better).

Lorrie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thank you so much. It was happy for the most part. SOme pre wedding stress with my DD.

Back from our weekend get away and catching up.

That looked like a fun trip. Vegas never interested but a friend has been telling me I would love it there so maybe I'll give it a try one day.

Great safari pictures...they came out great.

Thanks. I was happy with them and started trying for slightly different. As you will see later I think I succeeded a few times.

Sorry about the bumps and drips and drops of the food. But glad you enjoyed lunch anway (I'm with you...love that sandwich...although Olivia's is a tad better).

It really is a bad character flaw not asking for help but the food still tasted really good so all worked out in the end. I will have to get to Olivia's one day. I have heard some good things about the food there. I think some of the resort restaurants are over looked.

That lion picture is lovely! Wow - so beautiful and clear! Love it! :thumbsup2

I have to agree that the picture of the two rhinos is my favorite. It's just so cool. The rhinos almost look like they are cuddling.

Yummy lunch!

Back to check to see if I missed anything. I've been really behind lately!

The picture with the meerkats around the CM's feet is so cute.

Beautiful pics from the M-trek!

Back to back EE is always a lot of fun!

That lion picture is lovely! Wow - so beautiful and clear! Love it! :thumbsup2

Thanks. I was really happy with that one.

I have to agree that the picture of the two rhinos is my favorite. It's just so cool. The rhinos almost look like they are cuddling.

I thought the same thing about the rhinos. It was really fun watching them.

Yummy lunch!

I do love Flame Tree for that sandwich.

Back to check to see if I missed anything. I've been really behind lately!

I know that feeling. My daughter shocked me with I'm getting married in late June. The wedding is this Saturday.

The picture with the meerkats around the CM's feet is so cute.

I loved watching them scurry around and was even happier to get to watch them being fed.

Beautiful pics from the M-trek!

Thanks I do love the trek.

Back to back EE is always a lot of fun!

Kristel really enjoyed the back to back rides. I enjoyed taking pictures and getting some sun so a win for both of us.

Sorry I have been a little slow with the updates but I have had a hectic couple of weeks. My daughter was married on Saturday. While I work on the TR updates here are some pictures from the wedding. I guess I can no longer call my SIL whatever he is. :lmao:

My 3 grandchildren - Ella, Crystal and Michael children of the bride and groom

Father and son

My DH and our daughter, his Princess

Jim, Jennifer and the kids

I think Jim was just a little misty

Jennifer and my new SIL with my son, daughter and Jennifer's BFF my other daughter. My grandson Anthony photo bombed the picture

Jim and me with our DD and new SIL

Proud mom and daughter

The bride and groom and their kids

After 11 years he is finally my SIL. We have had our ups and downs over the years but I am so happy for them.

I am in the process of uploading all my pics again so that I can share them, a tedious job, so a real update will be coming soon.

Thanks for sharing the pictures from your DD's wedding. She looks beautiful and her children are adorable. Everyone looks so happy. It looks like it was a perfect day! Congratulations!

Lorrie, beautiful wedding pictures. Thank you for sharing them. It looks like a lovely day.

Thanks for sharing the pictures from your DD's wedding. She looks beautiful and her children are adorable. Everyone looks so happy. It looks like it was a perfect day! Congratulations!

Thanks glad you liked the pics. It was a perfect day.

Nice wedding pictures. I love her dress and the flowers

The dress was a last minute purchase. I bought her dress 9 years and 2 kids ago. Needless to say it did not fit. We were going to try and make adjustments but she saw this one when we were out looking to see if we could find something else and it was only $99 although alterations pushed the price up to $300.

The flowers were silk flowers from Michaels on clearance. She bought a bunch of them and then made the bouquets. They looked amazing when she was done.

Very nice wedding pictures - everyone looks so happy! Congrats!

Thanks Darla. We were all so happy they finally married.

Lorrie, beautiful wedding pictures. Thank you for sharing them. It looks like a lovely day.

Thanks Kathy. It really was a wonderful day.

I will have actual updates in a few days. I took a break from everything to just enjoy the week. I thought I actually had an update typed up but I don't so I have some pics to upload and notes to find.

With the wedding and the end of summer approaching I took a break. I have worked out most of the kinks with the photos so I think I am good to go.

Day 2 Part 7 (I think)

When I left off what seems like months ago we had left the AK and headed back to AKL. In my normal I can't relax mode within an hour I was going stir crazy. S we were off to the next park for the day. Where you ask???

Yep - Hollywood Studios. Not my favorite park but it does have some god attractions.

Darth looks like he wanted me - not today big guy but soon

Chewbacca - my favorite

Why so many posters you ask? Because we were heading to my favorite - Star Tours. I am on a mission to ride all of the many versions.

Our captain didn't show up so our captain for this flight

I know this ride Darth was after the rebel spy (not me), we joined the Pod racers on Tatooine, General Agbar was glad to see us and then we were underwater. Thankfully we accomplished our mission. And the only reason I know any of what we did was because of the lovely CM who filled me in on some of the scenes. You would never know I have scene all 6 movies ALOT. I am just bad with details.

My next cat's name will be Yoda, I don't think Jim is happy

We wandered on and found one of the FP+ kiosks so we took advantage of the new feature and picked a 4th FP for later that night. Patience we will get to it.

It was not for our next attraction, that was practically a walk on. Where? Muppetvision 3D, not a personal favorite but it was cool inside. We had a bit of a wait so of course I needed to take pictures.

Glad they labeled the door

And another door

There are a ton of little things in thee to look at as you wait to enter the theater. Just so I was sure of what we were seeing

I love to take dark ride and attraction pictures, I was really happy with this one

It's a cute show but I am usually glad when it's over. We decided to see the wait time for TSMM. Found the umbrella and Kristel is usually up for a picture

Now I have to admit I am a sucker for romance and cute old couples. I do NOT qualify for old yet. I couldn't resist this picture

They were celebrating their anniversary, and I remember it being around 54 years. So nice to see that they still want to hold hands after all those years. And they held hands the ENTIRE wait of close to an hour.

I had missed this little detail - the Etch a Sketches keep you entertained

We had fun guessing the phrases or I did anyway. When we entered the line the wait time was posted at 45 minutes. It took 61 minutes to get to the loading area. Then because of the ECV we are diverted. There was a line there too so another 10 minutes before we actually got on the ride. I am usually good at his game but not today. My arm died on me in the last section. It did me in

It was close. We were now hungry and Kristel wasn't sure of the QS in DHS. I know the choices are slim but I do like ABC Commissary so we headed over there. There was a display for the Middle which had just filmed a couple of episodes there. I have to say I had never really seen it before but watched a few episodes On Demand and I am hooked. The Disney episode had me laughing so hard my sides hurt.

We got our food but I was OK this time, I parked the ECV and walked in. I had the surf and turf burger. A burger and shrimp but I tossed the roll.

Kristel had the seafood platter, fish and chips with a diet Coke. I had Iced Tea to drink and no pics of her food but she enjoyed it.

The dessert however was fantastic.

A Darth Vader cupcake for Star Wars weekends. Chocolate and peanut butter. I was glad I ditched the roll. It was very rich though and neither of us could finish it.

They had displays for the new ABC show the Goldbergs. I watch it. What can I say it's set in 1980's Philadelphia.

I did see the episode the props were from so that was fun. It was time for our FP+ so we headed off. I parked and walked. It's a transfer ride and I did not want to be pushed in a wheelchair. The ride? TOT of course

Some happy haunts

And the ride photo. Yes I do have a camera in my face. It's an obsession, I just can't help myself and no I didn't get a good picture. One day

And one last picture of my basket lit up. I found some really cute battery operated butterfly lights at the Dollar Store. I couldn't resist.

Going to finish out the day so

Day 2 Part 8

After TOT we for one more FP+ for Fantasmic. We had a wait so we headed back to Star Tours for another ride.

Took a picture of TOT as if though I don't have enough

Star Tours

This ride we got Darth Vader again looking for the rebel spy (still not me), a snow planet, Yoda and then the city that looks like a battle zone. I really need to learn these things.

We headed back to the front again for Fantasmic. I know I am going to get stuck in the back. I am prepared for it and usually at a bad angle. I was shocked and thrilled when we were seated dead center.

So just pictures now - I present Fantasmic

Not all of the pictures were great but I was happy with most of them. We took our time leaving since we knew there would be crowds. We had to have just missed a bus as there was no one in line. I noticed the CM's name tag said he was from Easton so of course I asked him if he was. Easton is about 90 minutes from me and I have traveled through there quite a bit when I head to the mountains. There is a McDonalds we always stop at for a bio break and a drink. He knew the one I was talking about immediately. It also was flooded quite severely a few years ago and it was nice to hear they rebuilt it. I haven't been to the mountains in a few years.

The bus came and we were back at the AKL in no time. I changed for bed and Kristel took her shower. I have no idea about much of anything as I was asleep as soon as I hit the bed.

With that Day 2 has come to an end.

Congrats to your daughter for getting married - but 5 weeks!! That's stressful indeed.

Love all of the animal pictures. I had to laugh at your butt picture comment - I found that I ended up with so many animal butt pictures I made a blog post about it! http://disneyinyourday.com/2013/09/26/animal-butts/

Sounds like a fun day at Hollywood Studios too. That Darth Vader cupcake looks delicious! And I love the pic of the older couple holding hands. That's just so sweet.

Great finish to your Day 2, Lorrie.

I wish I could do Star Tours, but it has just become too much for me. I'll try it with Mark once in September, but I doubt I'll do it a second time.

My favorite ride -- TOT. I can't believe you actually took pictures while on the ride. I couldn't do that...I'd lose the camera. :lmao::lmao:

I have to say that those are some of THE best pictures I have ever seen of Fantasmic. An awesome job. :thumbsup2

Great fun at HS!

I love that Darth Vader cupcake. How cute it THAT!

Nice pics on ToT!

I also love the pics from F! It's been so long since I've seen that show that I still have yet to get pictures with my DSLR. I'm thinking February I'm long overdue.

I know that feeling of getting back to the room and crashing in less than 30 seconds. What a fun filled day!

Congrats to your daughter for getting married - but 5 weeks!! That's stressful indeed.

She told me for the pat couple of years they were finally getting married. This year they meant it. But having such a short time to prepare was stressful. It turned out nicely though so that was all that mattered.

Love all of the animal pictures. I had to laugh at your butt picture comment - I found that I ended up with so many animal butt pictures I made a blog post about it! http://disneyinyourday.com/2013/09/26/animal-butts/

I just laugh and go for it now. My granddaughter loves them so we have fun looking at them,

Sounds like a fun day at Hollywood Studios too. That Darth Vader cupcake looks delicious! And I love the pic of the older couple holding hands. That's just so sweet.

It really was a great day. The cupcake was really very good. I like to look for cute every now and then and that couple was really cute. It's nice to see people that are still that much in love after so many years.

Great finish to your Day 2, Lorrie.

I wish I could do Star Tours, but it has just become too much for me. I'll try it with Mark once in September, but I doubt I'll do it a second time.

It's funny I can't do Soarin' but I love Star Tours and it doesn't bother to me too often. I have had to shut my eyes at times though to prevent the motion sickness.

My favorite ride -- TOT. I can't believe you actually took pictures while on the ride. I couldn't do that...I'd lose the camera. :lmao::lmao:

It's a running joke now. Kristel tweeted pics to her BFF after each ride and the friend finally asked her if I have a face on that rie. All you ever see is the camera. :lmao:

I have to say that those are some of THE best pictures I have ever seen of Fantasmic. An awesome job. :thumbsup2

Thank you, I was really happy with them for the most part. I had a few blurry ones too but was happy with them over all.

Great fun at HS!

I love that Darth Vader cupcake. How cute it THAT!

I would have preferred Yoda but Darth was good too. I could go for one of the right now.

Nice pics on ToT!

Thanks.

I also love the pics from F! It's been so long since I've seen that show that I still have yet to get pictures with my DSLR. I'm thinking February I'm long overdue.

I am switching to the DSLR more and more. I just like the quality of the pictures compared to my other cameras.

I know that feeling of getting back to the room and crashing in less than 30 seconds. What a fun filled day!

I crash. I guess because I just have to go go go that I wear myself out. I also find I get up earlier than I used to so I get tired faster too. It was worth the pace though as it really was an awesome day.

Have fun on your trip to Williamsburg. I need to get back there again. My trip last year was horrendous. More the companions than the trip itself.

Looks like a nice time at Hollywood Studios! Great spot for Fantasmic. Loving all the pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter