***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Is anyone else NOT doing Disney costumes for MNSSHP? My 11yo DS wanted to go Steampunk this year, so my DH decided to match him, and I snagged a super cute Victorian bathing costume. I hope we don't look out of place!

We are kind of doing costumes. We have Incredibles shirts, but that is as all out as we are going this year. We didnt want to have to bring an extra suitcase just for a costume.

I know at the DLR party, there are a good 1/3 of people not in costumes. I would assume that WDW might be similar.

No costume for me again this year. I wanted so bad to come up with something but life and gaining some weight Has gotten in the way!!

I just have no creativity when it comes to that. I have ideas but putting them together is so hard!!

I hear ya! There is an inordinate amount of glass half empty people on this board. I will be happy to skedaddle from here after our trip. But I truly loved getting to "know" our merry band of October travelers! :)

I mostly "hang out" in the resorts and photos threads, with occasional visits to FP info and the News and Rumors. This trip I have been spending time on all the new for me things like MNSSHP, F&W, and Pandora. When October's trips have all been shared here, I will still visit my usual threads because I like to keep current and start planning my next trip, even if it probably won't be until 2020 or 2021. The posters on WDWKook's WL and BW threads are very nice and very helpful, same with BC/YC. They answer questions that have been asked multiple times with patience and friendliness. I guess I just haven't been on too many rude and negative threads! If the News one starts getting that way, I just skim it and only read the news, none of the comments.
Thanks for this thread. I have really been enjoying it!

Is anyone else checking the weather obsessively, even though this week's weather doesn't mean anything about what your weather will be like??? :P:D

I have friends at WDW and it rained ALL DAY yesterday, so they skipped the parks.

dTTZq0U.jpg

BVtcsGE.jpg

Finished the boys' stuff. I lucked out and found older DS's goofy hat from his first disney trip! I made the little green hat to attach to it. One more task off the to-do list!

Is anyone else checking the weather obsessively, even though this week's weather doesn't mean anything about what your weather will be like??? :P:D

I have friends at WDW and it rained ALL DAY yesterday, so they skipped the parks.
Yes DH is! Not good is it. I'm wondering what evening temperatures are and if we'll need warmer clothing?

Yesterday’s rain was sporratic and I stayed in the park all day with a poncho. Today has been good but rain and thunder seem to be coming in now. It is horrifically hot and humid. I had an asthma attack last night/this morning so we decided to cancel our day at the parks. I’m glad it was today and not one of the days that we had great weather.

Yesterday’s rain was sporratic and I stayed in the park all day with a poncho. Today has been good but rain and thunder seem to be coming in now. It is horrifically hot and humid. I had an asthma attack last night/this morning so we decided to cancel our day at the parks. I’m glad it was today and not one of the days that we had great weather.
Hope you're feeling better now. I was thinking October might be cooler evenings but it sounds like I'm wrong?

We were there last Oct 1st through 5th and it was horribly hot and humid, too, even at night. We have been there later in October when the nights were cooler.
We arrive 19th-29th - not planning long days because of little ones but hoping it will be drier than our June trip!

I've been checking the weather all day, but if its raining I would go to the parks, especially all the shows, I'm just hoping its sunny for our one resort day so we can enjoy the pool... the rain keeps the locals at home too, so i don't mind some rain on park days...

I've been checking the weather all day, but if its raining I would go to the parks, especially all the shows, I'm just hoping its sunny for our one resort day so we can enjoy the pool... the rain keeps the locals at home too, so i don't mind some rain on park days...

I am checking the weather daily and I don't even leave for Disney until the 27th...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter