Hertz lately?!

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
Hi I was curious if anyone has used hurts recently and the gold membership. We have a rental car booked for this coming Saturday and I am a gold member but new. One of the main reasons I picked hurts was for the skip the counter option it states on their website for gold members. We used it years ago but it was under my husbands account and not mine. I have not received anything about being able to skip the counter where does my app say anything about that in my reservation, so just curious if anyone has had an experience recently and if I’m able to just go down to the garage or if there’s another counter that I need to check with first. Thanks!!

Since you are a new member you will probably have to stop at a counter so they can verify your id etc. Option is possibly stop at a hertz office near you right now and see if you can have your info verified before your trip. Perhaps you will be able to to skip the counter after this is completed.

Yep, you will need to verify your first time. No straight to car.

Yes, first time you will need to stop, but you can do it at the gold counter in the garage instead of the main counter.

Yes, any Hertz location should be able to do it for you. If you have one nearby it can be worth stopping by.
I know policies don’t always get enforced uniformly. However my local Hertz agency was unable to pre-verify me as a new Gold renter. The agent told me they need to verify the credit card on the account at the time of rental. With that said I believe I read somewhere here where a person was able to get pre-authorized their local agency. At Orlando if you have not pre-authorized through Hertz I would go to the garage and check the board for your name. In my case on my first rental my name was there with a “see agent“. We went to the garage kiosk which was staffed with two agents and were through there very quickly. Only caveat: this was about 9:30 in the morning on a weekday.

I know policies don’t always get enforced uniformly. However my local Hertz agency was unable to pre-verify me as a new Gold renter. The agent told me they need to verify the credit card on the account at the time of rental. With that said I believe I read somewhere here where a person was able to get pre-authorized their local agency. At Orlando if you have not pre-authorized through Hertz I would go to the garage and check the board for your name. In my case on my first rental my name was there with a “see agent“. We went to the garage kiosk which was staffed with two agents and were through there very quickly. Only caveat: this was about 9:30 in the morning on a weekday.
Thanks I’m gonna go today to my local hertz I’m hoping that it’s open. I’m just really worried about a Saturday afternoon arrival and the lines being obnoxiously long when we arrived at MCO over Christmas break it took my husband over an hour to get our rental car with another company and literally every single rental company had lines that I’ve never seen before.

Great both locations near me listed online are non existent 😒 So no going prior!! I got an email that said proceed to hold desk at MCO. Do you know if that’s down in garage or where the main hertz desk is inside. I’m so frustrated. I paid in full ahead of time under the impression I’d be avoiding all this. 😞 Everything is up to date in account. I’m worried about lugging kids to garage with luggage to then be told to go back upstairs to inside.

The first time you have to go to the counter, but when you are a gold member they have a diffrent line for members and its usually much shorter if a line at all. You will know if you need to see someone because your name will be on the digital board and it will say counter or a space number

Last edited:
The first time you have to go to the counter, but when you are a gold member they have a diffrent line for members and its usually much shorter if a line at all. You will know if you need to see someone because your name will be on the digital board and it will say counter or a space number
Is the board in the main rental car area? Or down in garage? Oh thanks!

Maybe I just have really bad luck, but in my experience, the line in the garage at the members desk is much, much longer than the line in the airport. The line at the Hertz desk in the airport is usually nonexistent, but we waited 40 minutes at the desk in the garage in October as well as November. Maybe it’s just me.

Is the board in the main rental car area? Or down in garage? Oh thanks!
The digital board I referenced was in the garage. Read the fine print of your email carefully, and I think you also may get another email closer to pick up. Additionally have the Hertz app. The language was not consistent between those sources but somewhere, I believe in my confirmation email it said proceed direct to the garage so I tried that first and in my case it worked out OK.

The digital board I referenced was in the garage. Read the fine print of your email carefully, and I think you also may get another email closer to pick up. Additionally have the Hertz app. The language was not consistent between those sources but somewhere, I believe in my confirmation email it said proceed direct to the garage so I tried that first and in my case it worked out OK.
Yes, sorry I was late to reply Sparten86 is so correct!!
If you have an iphone app you can get more info than I can from my Google play app.
We just had a car from them last weekend... and returned it to Fort Lauderdale

Yes, sorry I was late to reply Sparten86 is so correct!!
If you have an iphone app you can get more info than I can from my Google play app.
We just had a car from them last weekend... and returned it to Fort Lauderdale
Ok my email said go to counter. It’s just frustrating because I picked this company for the gold program and being able to skip the counter, I paid in full and I’ve uploaded all the documents so I thought it would be an easier process, definitely not looking forward to spend an hour in the rental car area 😕 Saturday afternoon will prob be a zoo. Thanks for the advice. Hopefully they at least have a good counter open and it won’t be as long 🤷🏻‍♀️ Hertz def wasn’t the cheapest so a bit annoyed.

Ok my email said go to counter. It’s just frustrating because I picked this company for the gold program and being able to skip the counter, I paid in full and I’ve uploaded all the documents so I thought it would be an easier process, definitely not looking forward to spend an hour in the rental car area 😕 Saturday afternoon will prob be a zoo. Thanks for the advice. Hopefully they at least have a good counter open and it won’t be as long 🤷🏻‍♀️ Hertz def wasn’t the cheapest so a bit annoyed.
Be thankful that you have a car, when we were there people were walking to each desk asking if they had rentals that forgot or were late making reservations. Have a wonderful trip!!

Be thankful that you have a car, when we were there people were walking to each desk asking if they had rentals that forgot or were late making reservations. Have a wonderful trip!!
I def am but that’s why I do plan in advance I booked months ago and picked hertz for a reason but it is what it is. Now after this trip I’ll be golden 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter