Hersheypark

Mnementh

<font color=red>I like the Steelers <b>almost</b>
I saw a couple people mention Hersheypark in the SmallWorlds thread and I thought that was kind of cool that there are a few people on here that like to visit it. Hersheypark is my second favorite amusement park behind WDW (lumping all four parks into one). Maybe one of these days, I'll stumble across one of you at the park :teeth:

I have been noticing more references to the park lately, and I was thinking to myself how cool it would be if we could set up some sort of meet. :goodvibes

I have a season pass, so if anyone is heading over there at any point I'd love to say hi!

I've only been to Hershey once and I really liked it. My favorite rides were the Wildcat and the Canyon River rapids. The lines were all really long and everything was so spread out, though. (It probably didn't help that it rained all day :rotfl: ).

I have a season pass, so if anyone is heading over there at any point I'd love to say hi!

I've never had a season pass to Hersheypark before. Once or twice a year is fun, but I wasn't sure if I'd get tired of it with a season pass. Despite that, I almost bought one this year, and I would have gone through with it if we didn't decide that we could actually afford a trip to WDW this year.

I've only been to Hershey once and I really liked it. My favorite rides were the Wildcat and the Canyon River rapids. The lines were all really long and everything was so spread out, though. (It probably didn't help that it rained all day :rotfl: ).

There was actually a long line for the rapids in the rain? Weird.

You're brave for getting on the Wildcat. I'm not much of a coaster person, despite the large amount of coasters at that park. There are enough other rides to keep me entertained.

I still have yet to go to the new waterpark. It was closed when I went last year.

I'd love to go to Hershey, but I live on the other side of the state. Fahrenheit looks so cool!

I am going to Hershey for our annual Wind/Jazz band adjudication next year however :woohoo:

I used to visit hershey park quite a bit growing up. I love how you can smell chocolate anywhere in the park :rotfl: clean, and just a really nice park. I miss that place.

heh you could build a hershey park room in smallworlds easy. the flickr picture feature lets us bring anything into the game

heh you could build a hershey park room in smallworlds easy. the flickr picture feature lets us bring anything into the game

I'm just about sold on that game :rotfl:

Have you always lived in Massachusetts? If so, you sure travel a lot if you've visited Hersheypark a few times, too.

So, anybody else ever visit the park? I'm especially interested to know who visits on a regular basis.

We used to visit quite a bit growing up. We were from Northern NY but had Family in York PA - As well I worked a summer in the Poconos so we made the track a few times a year. We would Visit Hersey Park and Roadside America - Which if you are unfamiliar with that it is a huge model train miniture village display that is really quite something but it is east about another 40 minutes. It has been kept up fairly well but has been there forever (1935) and affordable for a real live Ammerican tourist trap of yester-year.

I have not been to the Amusement park part for years and years but as a kid it was great - yes the smell of chocolate everywhere the Monorail and Downtown Hershey with the Hershey Kiss Street lamps. We still try to get out there now and then for the Factory Ride/tour which is not like it was in the past but is cool to visit and I understand it has been reworked since my last visit. Roadside America Indoor Miniture Village continues to operate as well. Both are great for Kids.

I go every summer. I love it there. I love Storm Runner and can't wait for Fahrenheit.

My list is.

WDW
Hersehypark
Cedar Point
Six Flags Great Adventure

I live close to SF but still don't think it beats CP. SF is only the best to people who don't go to other amusment parks says my friend.

I'm just about sold on that game :rotfl:

Have you always lived in Massachusetts? If so, you sure travel a lot if you've visited Hersheypark a few times, too.

I have always lived in this same town even ROFL

As a kid before we started going to Disney all the time we used to head towards DC, that included trips to Hershey Park, Busch Gardens, and Kings Dominion :)

Good times, but I gave it all up to go to WDW whenever possible ROFL

We still try to get out there now and then for the Factory Ride/tour which is not like it was in the past but is cool to visit and I understand it has been reworked since my last visit.

Yeah, it has been reworked. I was kind of afraid to ride the reworked version the first time because I was afraid it would be horrible, but while it isn't spectacular, it's not bad. The only problem is that they have a really catchy jingle that gets stuck in my head and stays there.

They also have the Reese's Cup Challenge, which is a couple years old, and it's like Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters.

My list is.

WDW
Hersehypark
Cedar Point
Six Flags Great Adventure

I've never been to Cedar Point, but I've heard it's great. Mine would be:

WDW
Hersheypark
Universal Studios Orlando
Paramount's Kings Dominion
Six Flags America
Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Those last two, I doubt I'll ever return to, however. Six Flags America is really trashy and Busch Gardens Williamsburg barely has anything more than rollercoasters, so I get bored there.

wow, you put hershey above studios huh?

I have great memories of hershey, what is it about Hershey that makes you rank it so high?

My list:
WDW-Duh
Cedar Point-Roller Coaster USA!
Hershey-More roller coasters
Geauga Lake- Too bad it's closed
Busch Gardens Europe-It's not the kid's park (I was there when I was 5), but it would be great if I went again
Kennywood- It's getting too old for me (we go there for my school picnic), but it does have The King of Coasters
Idlewild- Great for kids, but it only has 2 rollercoasters, and one is dinky
Universal Studios/IOA-I hate this park with a passion

You may not have heard of Kennywood or Idlewild, but they are in my area

i love the park since i was a baby.
i was going to hershey park thru ages 3-10
i was short but as i got older i went from a reeses to a hershey bar :cutie:
(but if i go back now ill probably be taller lol)

its soo much fun, i love the skyline ride where you go over the lake and your right by the the bear! i mean its so much fun to watch the ducks go by and the roller coaster go in loops :hyper:
i went on the bear once aha. so thrilling,
and tile-force i always loved getting wet lol
but i really loved going on the ferris wheel at night when its all lite up.
i had so many fun memories there. i always love looking back, i hope to go again in the future and see how everything was improved and new! :goodvibes
and lets not forget about chocolate world ;)

wow, you put hershey above studios huh?

I have great memories of hershey, what is it about Hershey that makes you rank it so high?

A couple of things. First, (and this is something WDW lacks, in addition to Universal) Hersheypark has some of the classic carnival/amusement park rides like a tilt-a-whirl and a ferris wheel. The only classic ride you find at WDW is Cinderella's Carousel and there's nothing classic at Universal. It's nice to ride simple rides like that without all the bells and whistles that the other parks have to add.

Second, while shows are nice and I certainly don't mind sitting down for one or two at Universal (and MGM/ Hollywood Studios), Universal has shows in excess. They are severely lacking in rides, and though Islands of Adventure sort of makes up for that, they have too many THRILL rides. Despite that, I still love Universal and I'd never pass up an opportunity to go there. I just think Hersheypark has a better balance of things I like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter