Here we go again, with live updates, Photopass pics added post #735

Hope you had a safe flight home.Sorry was on nights last night.What a TR:banana:Been great reading this wayne. Really am thinking of changing ohana now.My DD is 8 now and dont think she will get involve with the the show anyway plus it was always a favorite of my soon to be ex and going with DB has made me think.
Can anyone suggest another nice place.These are what I have booked.This was my birthday meal by the way.
Chef mickeys - dinner(DD fav)
Ohana breakfast (never done)
lecellier-lunch (never done)
coral reef-dinner-(never done)
teppanedo -dinner (never done)
Rainforest cafe-lunch(dtd)
captains grill(dinner)(never done)
crystal palace(dinner)
tusker house(nemo package)(never done)
boma(dinner)
Trails end(dinner)may cancel and do WPE DTD
yak and yeti(dinner)
Will will be Paying OOP for the remainder after the 10 of DDP so

I am not a big meat eater but like steak and chicken and I dont eat fish. Most of the above as you can see I have never eaten at.
For my birthday rather than ohana what would you recommend.:confused3
Thanks and sorry for hijacking wayne but maybe you can advise.:wizard:

Hope you had a safe flight home.Sorry was on nights last night.What a TR:banana:Been great reading this wayne. Really am thinking of changing ohana now.My DD is 8 now and dont think she will get involve with the the show anyway plus it was always a favorite of my soon to be ex and going with DB has made me think.
Can anyone suggest another nice place.These are what I have booked.This was my birthday meal by the way.
Chef mickeys - dinner(DD fav)
Ohana breakfast (never done)
lecellier-lunch (never done)
coral reef-dinner-(never done)
teppanedo -dinner (never done)
Rainforest cafe-lunch(dtd)
captains grill(dinner)(never done)
crystal palace(dinner)
tusker house(nemo package)(never done)
boma(dinner)
yak and yeti(dinner)
Will will be Paying OOP for the remainder after the 10 of DDP so

I am not a big meat eater but like steak and chicken and I dont eat fish. Most of the above as you can see I have never eaten at.
For my birthday rather than ohana what would you recommend.:confused3
Thanks and sorry for hijacking wayne but maybe you can advise.:wizard:

I am a fan of Chef Mickey's having always had a good breakfast there in the past. We tried dinner and was really disappointed, and wouldn't go again.

It has to be Le Cellier, don't forget this is moving to a 2 TS in March, so go whilst its still a 1 TS. That's if you can get in, its really difficult, next on the list for me would be Tepen Edo, we ate here twice and really enjoyed it. The first time my DS wouldn't eat, but he tried mine, liked it and ate there the second time. Fillet Migone (steak) is now his favourite food.

Ohana, didn't like, too many kids and I don't care for Skillet type meals.

Bomas is excellent too, we had a dinner and a breakfast this time. This is the 4th time we have been to Boma's for dinner and it was as good as ever.

I don't like Crystal Palace either, but lots of others rate it. Haven't tried the others on your list, even though we stayed at the Yacht Club this year. I'm sure Wayne had good things to say about the the Captains Grill.

We also liked the Grand Floridian Cafe, excellent steak and a really nice selection of puddings, which is something that Disney don't seem to be too good at!

If its your Birthday meal, go for something really expensive and fab. Le Cellier, you will not be dissappointed.

Thanks heather.I tried to get into CM for breakfast but they had nothing for my dates so opted for the dinner as DD loves it here.I already have Lecellier booked and there is nothing avalible for our dates for the dinner.Tried from 180 days so again had to opt for lunch. Is the GF cafe 1TS or 2? Will have a look as would love to eat there.Only done the garden room for afternoon tea. Thanks for the info.

I was also thinking Cape May. The big draw with this one is that it is not as chaotic as the other character meals.

Apologies too for missing the meet on 13th - we had been packing up and had every intention on making our way over, but we all managed to drop off and only woke up around 5:30pm (we had an ADR at The Wave for 6:55pm so couldn't even show our faces).

Unfortunately, won't be planning for 2011 as we are intending on visiting New York and New England, but looking forward to 2012.
No worries Tony, maybe another year.:thumbsup2
Hope you had a good flight home and thanks so much for sharing your holiday with us again.

Happy anniversary as well to you and Karen and well done to Matt for those fabulous results.

It our 19th wedding anniversary today.
Flights were OK, none eventful to Atlanta but then one from Atlanta to Manchester was delayed by over 30 mins, 1 family not happy they were being split up, eventually resolved (I think 2+2) but another family not sure what the problem was, elderly lady in tears, ended up with what looked like her son and grandson flying but she stayed in Atlanta(no idea if anyone else was there) Couple of obnoxious men in Biz class kicking off because of the delay.
It meant we were onboard about 90 mins before leaving, I know the staff were trying to resolve the problems but I was not happy being sat there for over 2 hours(30 mins into flight) before we got a cold drink (on seating we were given a warm bottle of water and half a glass of orange juice) dread to think how it was in economy. Once in the air very good service resumed but issues with the On demand system.
I think after the outstanding service last year and outbound this year I might email a moan to Delta, will sleep on it decide tomorrow.

Trails End is a TS credit, WPE is CS credit, unless you mean WP cafe on Westside, thats a TS.

I would recommend Garden Grill, cape may clam bake and 1900 Park Fare. All big hits with us and must dos for next year :)

This is why I don't like advising which to goto, we liked Garden Grill but not Cape May or 1900 Park Fare. I think you need to read the menus and look at pics of food. Now we have done Le Cellier twice I doubt we would go a 3rd time even at 1 credit, no chance at 2 credits.

Well thanks guys I have decided to go with heather belles sugestion of the Grand floridian Cafe. Menu looks nice and it will give me a chance to have some nice pics took on the beach.
Wayne I know WGPE is a CS compaired to the TS at trails end and I have now cancelled it as had too many TS booked.Will use a CS at WGPE for one evening as we will be out of MK by 18.30 and staying at SSR so will stop at DTD on the way back

Just had a look at final amounts for free dining over the 21 nights.

Counter Service $1078.04
Table Service $2137.84
Snacks $214.81 (brought home 18 bags of Goofy's candy, 3 lollies, 1 tub of cotton candy and 1 box of cookies)

Total $3430.69 which is an average of $163.37/day
Tips $305.06

Counter Service $1078.04
Table Service $2137.84
Snacks $214.81 (brought home 18 bags of Goofy's candy, 3 lollies, 1 tub of cotton candy and 1 box of cookies)

Tips $305.06

Wow!!

Wow Wayne that's a large amount of cash that would of been spent on the food if not been on free ddp. :scared1:

Have you decided if your going to do a onsite or offsite next August yet? :)

Glad you are back safely - thanks for all the updates.

Great total for the food - it basically works out as a free hotel room.

Def worth it . so did you get the box of cookies as a snack? And the goofys candy? I did this last year at OKW and asked on another thread(or may be this one) and the OP didnt think it was allowed to bring these back:confused3Glad you all had a safe flight.At least you have bought the sun back with yyou.Been horrible here.
Is there anywhere in the disney hotels or parks that have free computors to use or an internet cafe? Wont be taking my new iphone(1-I cant use it as too expensive and 2 I dont know how to use all the features:cool1:) I think staying at Universal the club room has free internet access.

Although that does sound like a lot of money I'm sure not many of us would spend that much at the Disney restaurants were it not for the free dining plan.
On a normal trip for us we will eat at Disney maybe half a dozen times in a 3 week stay - the rest of the time we eat off site, only topping up with drinks and snacks when at the park. :goodvibes

Glad you got back OK Wayne :) Our flight was on time, in theory, but the Captain opted to go higher up to avoid the remnants of Danielle which would have caused severe turbulence, and I'm glad of that. But then he came over the tannoy to let us know that we would be delayed as two business class passengers had not showed up, so their bags were being offloaded, then, just as they had got them off they showed up, so the bags had to be put back on again! I think he was trying to make the people involved feel guilty as he mentioned it a couple of times, lol. In the end we were about an hour late, but at least I got 3 hours of sleep - Carl only managed 20 mins!

Last night we went to bed at 8.20 and got up at 11am this morning :scared1:

Counter Service $1078.04
Table Service $2137.84

Tips $305.06

:scared1:
That could be another holiday!

Have you decided if your going to do a onsite or offsite next August yet? :)
Not yet, probably go for OKW again but flights are more important just now, hotel choice can wait til later in the year, see whats on offer then.

Def worth it . so did you get the box of cookies as a snack? And the goofys candy? I did this last year at OKW and asked on another thread(or may be this one) and the OP didnt think it was allowed to bring these back:confused3Glad you all had a safe flight.At least you have bought the sun back with yyou.Been horrible here.
Is there anywhere in the disney hotels or parks that have free computors to use or an internet cafe? Wont be taking my new iphone(1-I cant use it as too expensive and 2 I dont know how to use all the features:cool1:) I think staying at Universal the club room has free internet access.
No problems getting all that stuff for snacks and bringing them home.
Only place I know for free net is in Disneyquest but last time we tried it was so slow we gave up. Our 1st night was free at Country Inn, next 3 nights at RPR $25+tax. then 21 nights at OKW $179.10 incl(managed to pay for only 18 nights)
If you take your Iphone you can pick up free connections at many places like Wolfgang Puck, Earl of Sandwich, Innoventions at epcot + lots more.

Although that does sound like a lot of money I'm sure not many of us would spend that much at the Disney restaurants were it not for the free dining plan.
On a normal trip for us we will eat at Disney maybe half a dozen times in a 3 week stay - the rest of the time we eat off site, only topping up with drinks and snacks when at the park. :goodvibes

Nowhere near that much for us, without free DDP we wouldn't eat an evening meal onsite more than once the whole holiday, would have odd lunch but only 1 drink to share & no desserts. Never pay price for Disney snacks or drinks(they give free iced water or I take drinks in)
When staying offsite we average around $100/day for meals & snacks.

just as they had got them off they showed up, so the bags had to be put back on again! I think he was trying to make the people involved feel guilty as he mentioned it a couple of times, lol. In the end we were about an hour late, but at least I got 3 hours of sleep - Carl only managed 20 mins!

Last night we went to bed at 8.20 and got up at 11am this morning :scared1:

They should have left them.:goodvibes
I managed about 30-40 mins upto Atlanta then just over 4 hours to Manchester. Last night went to bed at 9:30pm as I had to be up at 3:30am this morning, got flowers then another hour or so sleep before I came to the shop.

They should have left them.:goodvibes
I managed about 30-40 mins upto Atlanta then just over 4 hours to Manchester. Last night went to bed at 9:30pm as I had to be up at 3:30am this morning, got flowers then another hour or so sleep before I came to the shop.

We said they should hae left them too - we'd have volunteered to take their seats, especially as my entertainment system didn't work!

I am so glad we didn't have to work today - not sure how we managed it last year. Mind you, we were both more run down from having been ill, I expect.

glad you're home safe and sound, those Disney stats are impressive.

the problem is that once you've done disney dining for free it's very difficult to go back to paying for every ice cream or drink.

for us we prefer to do a mix of free onsite dining and an offsite stay...we didn't get to the Cheesecake factory at Mall of Millenia or Cracker Barrel this trip as we didn't have the time or tummy room to squeeze them in..we're set on 5 days onsite again next year, back at OKW or SS if the new pool looks nice, but need some good flight prices for 3/4/5 August to make it work for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter