I have a couple of questions. Is park hopping still only at 2 pm? Also I’ve been reading of people saying they went to park A then got a boarding pass for ROTR and hopped there, how is that possible? I thought you had to have a park pass to try for a pass. Has this changed?

I have a couple of questions. Is park hopping still only at 2 pm? Also I’ve been reading of people saying they went to park A then got a boarding pass for ROTR and hopped there, how is that possible? I thought you had to have a park pass to try for a pass. Has this changed?
Hopping is still at 2. I think folks that got a boarding pass in HS as their second (hopped to) park had already tapped in at Hollywood Studios after 2. It is just unusual because before this week, all the 1 pm boarding groups were taken before hopping folks could get one. Now, the afternoon BP drop is still available up to 3 - 4 - 5 pm or later.

Low crowds again at Epcot this morning!

Arrived at International Gateway at 10:15. Let through security at 10:20. Held in Canada until 10:30.
We got to do the opening of Frozen which was cool! I think we got picked since my older toddler had on his bday button. They let us have the boat all to ourselves too.

After that younger son and I walked back onto Frozen again while bigger kid and dad did Test Track.
Gran Fiesta walk on right at 11. We had the whole ride to ourselves. Not just the boat, the whole ride. No one was in there.
Test Track group was done at 11:30. They only took a full 30 minutes because the ride stopped for about 10.
Did walk on Figment, walk on Nemo, and left for little dudes nap.
Living with the land appears to be down, or it was every time we checked this morning.
Crowds again are very low. So HS Sunday, AK Mon, and now Epcot Tues all great crowd levels. It was really just MK yesterday afternoon that was busier (and still low wait times) and Im not sure why that was.

Not sure if we will do Epcot again this afternoon or HS!

Why is TP predicting a level 5 crowd for HS on Monday 8/30? None of the other parks are close to that number all week long.

Why is TP predicting a level 5 crowd for HS on Monday 8/30? None of the other parks are close to that number all week long.
Who even knows at this point, I've seen more rooms open up for next week onsite so it's obviously not going to be a mass of onsite people going to HS. You do seem a bit concerned about crowed levels for your trip, my suggestion would be to just avoid it if a 5 for that day is that bothersome. I was planning on hopping there in the evening so I'm just going to watch wait times, and if it's too much I'll go somewhere else (or stay at Epcot), they've been wrong before.

Who even knows at this point, I've seen more rooms open up for next week onsite so it's obviously not going to be a mass of onsite people going to HS. You do seem a bit concerned about crowed levels for your trip, my suggestion would be to just avoid it if a 5 for that day is that bothersome. I was planning on hopping there in the evening so I'm just going to watch wait times, and if it's too much I'll go somewhere else (or stay at Epcot), they've been wrong before.
How reliable are those usually? We arrive on Saturday PM and of course had HS booked for Monday (figured it would be slower than Sunday)

I can't imagine their calendar is super accurate, they only have moderate crowds for the week after the 50th starts..

This is from touringplans just now. It's hard to believe you can still get a boarding group for Rise of Resistance. Has anyone at the parks today tried for a boarding group recently?

View attachment 599490

This is from touringplans just now. It's hard to believe you can still get a boarding group for Rise of Resistance. Has anyone at the parks today tried for a boarding group recently?
This has happened often over the past week which has been amazing for people at DHS! Even those who hopped to DHS have reported getting a BG without having a DHS park reservation. I'm sure this isn't going to last but for those there now it's great news!

😭 not helping my mood as we were supposed to arrive today.

Just back from my family and friends stay from Sunday 8/15/21 - Sunday 8/22/21.
We arrived at the Rivera Resort about 5:30pm. I received the text at the airport that our Villa was ready. We were assigned the 2nd floor, over looking pools. Which is okay, but I stayed there in November with my DH and we were on the 8th floor with a great view. So, I asked the CMs at the front desk and wow….we were sprinkled with Pixie Dust. We were put in Villa 4948 on the 9th floor in the middled over looking everything.
A9CAF4F5-4EB5-4C55-ACCD-F165E6FE5C8A.jpeg
2594F621-37DC-41AF-8F11-D840489D55EA.jpeg

On Monday morning we were up early for our first park, Animal Kingdom. I wanted to get there at RD but getting 6 adults out the door is tough, Lol! We walk thru the turnstile about 8:05am. We had straight to FOP. It was posted about 35 minutes but it was about 25-27 minutes. Next Navi River, 20 minute wait.
Dinosaur was next, it was a walk on. Expedition Everest was a walk on too. My party rode it 3 times in a row, except for me and a friend. We sat in the arena on the water and caught a couple off Flotillas.
Weather was pretty descent that morning….the heat was to come.
After, EE we decide to do the Safari. I haven’t done the Safari in years. It was a walk on. We loved it! So, many animals.
The final thing we did was grab lunch at Yak & Yeti Cafe. Yummy!
We were all tired from traveling on Sunday, so we headed back to Rivera for some pool time and cocktails! It was only 12pm when left.

We headed to Epcot around 4:30pm…yikes the heat. We entered from the IG and headed to the left, checking out the F&W booths on our way to Soarin’. Soarin was a walk on. We rode it twice and then walked on Spaceship Earth. We then headed to TT, posted 35 minutes, it seemed to be going pretty quickly when it was announced there was lightning in the area. The next thing we knew the ride was not going due to tech and lightning. We waited about 5 minutes but left to avoided the incoming storm and grabs some wings next door. It was raining when left TT. It only rained about 20 minutes, but it really helped cool down things. It was so comfortable after the rain. My group split up. Everyone had a fun time. My friend and I headed out before fireworks. Great evening. 👍🏻😎

Tuesday was a Resort day. The quiet pool at Rivera is fantastic. We had dinner that night at WL at Whispering Canyon. We all pigged out. WL is so beautiful.

Wednesday we all got up at 6:45am. My entire party signed into my MDE. I had my IPAD set up with a clock with seconds. We all signed off the Resort Wifi. ( I read on many threads that this was the thing to do). At 6:59:00 we hit join and started refreshing at 6:59:30. My oldest son yells out….” I’m in” … He had got BG #2. I couldn’t believe it. So, we headed over to HS and rode Falcon first it was 25 minutes and then we rode ROTR. We all loved it. We walk right on no waiting. It was down later in the day for about an hour. Next we walk on Star Tours.
We then headed to Tower it was listed at 25 minutes. Unfortunately, Beauty and the Beast let out just as we were reaching that area and bumped the time up to a true 35 minutes. My sons headed over to RNR and used the Single Rider line.
We next grab lunch at ABC and tried to ride MNMRR but it was down. We walked around Galaxy’s Edge. Then tried to ride TT again, but once again B&B let out just as we got there and bumped the wait time to 40 minutes. It was just too hot….93 feels like 106. So, we headed out of HS around 3pm.
Except for the heat, we all were very happy with our 2nd park day.

We headed back to Epcot that evening about 6:30pm. We went right towards France and had some yummy food. The Italian Margarita with Lemoncello in Italy was delicious. My friend and me, stopped by Mexico to cool off and ride the 3 Amigos ride. We left just as the fireworks began and watched them from the Skyliner! We rode the Skyliner with two othe parties of 2. One of the women mentioned that beginning Thursday, Disney would make Mask optional on all outdoor queues, including the official queues. It was needed.☀️☀️☀️

Thursday we made to MK about 9:08am. We headed straight to BTRR and walked on. Next walk on Pirates, followed by HM. We then made our way to Tomorrowland. We walked on the People Mover. Next 35 minute posted time for SM. It was really about 20 minutes. When we got off the line was getting pretty long, wait time was now 45 minutes. We then took a needed break and got Pretzels and drinks at the CS under the PM. YUMMY!
Next CoP, walk on and finally BUZZ. Buzz was about a 15 minute waited posted 20. We had a 2:15pm ADR at Skipper Canteen. We had about 1 hour and half till then. My group was, hot and tried. The weather was so hot!!!! We decided to ride Little Mermaid to beat the heat. My oldest son (27) couldn’t remember ever riding Jungle Cruise. The wait time posted would be perfect for one more ride before lunch. The CM a when we enter the area right before the queue for JC mentioned that mask were optional on the entire ride. The line was long hot and tight. We survived but it was so uncomfortable. 😓😓😓
Jungle Skipper was delicious and we all appreciate the cold water, delicious Sangria and fabulous food. It energized us. We were so tried and wilted when we arrived at the restaurant. It was almost 3:30pm and we were switching resorts today. Time to check into SSR. My son and his girlfriend wanted to ride the Resort Monorail and visit some resorts. Unfortunately, when they got back to SSR, they reported that it broke down at MK and they never made it out of the station.😩
Half of my group headed back to Epcot for the evening. Me, my friend and one son walked over to DS. We were staying in the Congress Park section of SSR, so we could stroll over to DS. We went to the Dock Side Bar at the Boathouse. We had a cocktail and some appetizers.

Our park days really worked out. The heat was the only problem.
Friday and Saturday were our resort days. On Friday, it was 94 feels like 110 at about 2pm. I have been to WDW many times in mid to late August, I have never been this uncomfortable.
My girlfriend and I went to Wine Bar George on Friday night. Wow, service, food and wine were a10!
Saturday night my whole crew went to dinner at Enzo’s Hideaway. It was fantastic. The Sangria was delicious.
We closed out the trip with Brunch at Art Smith’s Homecomin. Wow…the food was delicious. What a way to end the trip.
Thank you to everyone who shared their experiences before my trip. It really helped make this vacation a success.😎👍🏻☀️One last thought. Now that all my sons will be done with school. I will never go again to WDW in the summer. Too hot! I was there in Nibe

This has happened often over the past week which has been amazing for people at DHS! Even those who hopped to DHS have reported getting a BG without having a DHS park reservation. I'm sure this isn't going to last but for those there now it's great news!

😭 not helping my mood as we were supposed to arrive today.
I am so sorry you had to postpone your trip, and I can’t wait to read about your and your daughter’s reactions when you finally get to experience RotR! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: For next year.

How reliable are those usually? We arrive on Saturday PM and of course had HS booked for Monday (figured it would be slower than Sunday)
When they say it’s going to be low they’re usually right (close to the date anyway, further out they can always change it as they probably will with dates around the 50th), but sometimes they have it high and it’s low. Like they had MK kinda high on Memorial Day and it was much lower on the day. I rarely go to HS beginning of the week, I usually find thursdays to be my best days to go in the morning for some odd reason, but I do have it down to hop to if crowds are low enough this Monday. I don’t think it’ll be a 5 though, unless everyone canceling on-site resort rooms is just moving to offsite rooms.

MK this morning. Started with wave bfast at cg. Sweet potato pancakes were awesome and had the bottomless mimosas. Walked right into mk and the mickey cavalcade. Did teacups, dumbo, barnstormer (ds3’s first rollercoaster, he did awesome), buzz, people mover, speedway, philharmagic, price charming carousel all with 10 min or less wait. Got stuck and a stopped line at ariel but that still was maybe 15. Corn dog nuggets at caseys.

hopped to hs. As2, tsmm walk ons. Got a boarding group at 430. 20 min wait for mmrr. Ronto wraps.

Great day. Ds3 is the best mask wearer in all of orlando im convinced lol. All day, full nose/mouth covered, inside and outside.

Characters last 2 days - saw donald and daisyup on a balcony in hs as soon as we walked in. Goofy was out on a balcony at riviera. Stitch was on stage in tomorrowland. All fun interactions.

Its strange. The walkways/parks feel “busy” but the wait times are super low. I cant explain it.

Toppolino bfast then epcot again tomorrow.

i will say that hs felt busier yesterday (a 5 on to) than today. And it seemed to have the highest wait times of all the parks. When our hostess at cape may asked where we were going and i said hs she said seems like the place to be today. Some parks just have busier days of the week. That being said still didnt wait longer than 20 mins for anything (we didnt do sdd, mmrr or mfsr though) and i got a boarding group at like 230.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter