• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How have park and resort TS restaurants been, as far as crowds and masking? We've only been when masks were required in/outside, and at your table when not actually eating and drinking. Heading down in 2 weeks with 2 kids under 12 and would be very thankful to hear if the TS experience has changed since April 2021. Thanks!

We got back last night and indoor dining felt mostly okay. We tend to eat early (11:00 lunch) and most in the park restaurants gave a lot of space between tables. At Disney Springs, though, the host sat a table directly next to us (like tables less than a foot apart) even though there were other open tables.

Most people wore masks moving about, but like everything else, it was hit or miss.

Have people eaten at Sanaa or Topolinos recently? We have a Sanaa lunch and a Topolinos brunch for our trip in two weeks, and was wondering how long the meals took/how safe it felt covid wise? *IE, how close were the tables!

Have people eaten at Sanaa or Topolinos recently? We have a Sanaa lunch and a Topolinos brunch for our trip in two weeks, and was wondering how long the meals took/how safe it felt covid wise? *IE, how close were the tables!

I last went to Topolino's in spring 2021 (for breakfast and dinner) when restaurants were explicitly distancing. We were easily 6 feet or more from the next family, and the meal moved along quickly. Even when we had meals there in December 2019 (regular spacing) we were pretty far apart from each other.

ETA: I too would like to hear if the TS places generally are more crowded/less spaced since the winter/spring 2020-2021.

At the end of June, Topolinos still had quite a bit of distance between tables. That may have changed since.

I'm curious as well how it's working in non-Disney Spring restaurants.

We ate at Sanaa this week. It was one of the more crowded restaurants we saw.

I last went to Topolino's in spring 2021 (for breakfast and dinner) when restaurants were explicitly distancing. We were easily 6 feet or more from the next family, and the meal moved along quickly. Even when we had meals there in December 2019 (regular spacing) we were pretty far apart from each other.

ETA: I too would like to hear if the TS places generally are more crowded/less spaced since the winter/spring 2020-2021.
Most if not all restaurants are at full capacity with minimal to no spacing.

Glad for this....our plane arrives at 8:35am and we are also staying at Boardwalk Inn. I was wondering if there was a chance in heck we could get into our rooms before we head to the park.

We’ve been able to get into our rooms early, but it’s the luck of the draw. It can help if you let the front desk know you’re physically present and they will try to expedite your room. Sometimes it’s as simple as a supervisor checking OK on their system.

So security has some expectations you need to follow so you don't get pulled to the side and have them rifle through your stuff... this applies for non strollers as you can expect them to check these.
Take out anything that might be "cubic" in your bag and hold out on front of you through the detector.
Umbrella
Cell phone
Portable charger
..all of these got my bag inspected when I left them in.
Appreciate the security but learn from my experience. Got through tonight holding these in front of me.

I did that, then got pulled aside anyway for holding too many things.

MK today:
When 7:15am alarm went off, my family all revolted and said they were sleeping for another hour 😴 so no rope drop today.

9:22 left room at Poly.
9:30 waiting for monorail.

9:53 on line for Splash (posted 35 min wait); 10:10 inside; 10:16 boarded (so a 27 min actual wait).

10:37 on line for BTMRR (posted 25 min wait), 10:43 in the shade; 10:55 boarded (so a 28 min actual wait).

11:03 on line for Pirates (posted 30 min wait), 11:14 boarded (so an 11 min actual wait).

Mobile ordered lunch at Pinocchio, hit prepare food at 11:38, food ready at 11:40. Plenty of seats available.

12:20 on line for Haunted Mansion (posted 45 min) (first 10 minutes of wait was in the blazing sun) entered building at 12:39 (so a 19 minute wait).

12:57 entered Hall of Presidents. Show started around 1:10.

1:40 entered PhilharMagic (posted 15 minutes), doors opened in maybe 4 minutes.

Saw a college program CM we know from home (working in a store on Main Street).

2:50 on monorail back to our room.

5:40 on line for Buzz (posted 35 min wait), by 6:08 Buzz is temporarily closed & CM walking the line saying 15 minutes before ride restarts 🥺.
6:24 boarded (so a 44 min actual wait - includes temporary ride stoppage).

Mobile ordered Pecos Bill while on line for Buzz. Light rain turned into a downpour as we walked.

7:23 on line for Pirates (posted 25 min wait), 7:30 boarded (so a 5 min actual wait).

Watched fireworks from garden in front of Casey's Corner - followed tip from this thread - great (uncrowded) view!

8 attractions today. Would have done so much more with FP+. Fireworks was a good ending to a so so day at MK.

How have park and resort TS restaurants been, as far as crowds and masking? We've only been when masks were required in/outside, and at your table when not actually eating and drinking. Heading down in 2 weeks with 2 kids under 12 and would be very thankful to hear if the TS experience has changed since April 2021. Thanks!
We've now been 4 times since Covid...currently here now...(Sept., Oct. and March were other 3) ...in practice nothing has changed in restaurants/masks. You're told to wear mask until you're seated; then you're told you can remove, but to please put it on when/if you get ul from your table.

Today at MK was so much better than Wed. Seems odd, but Wed. was posted as a 7 crowd, today a 5 until this morning when it was changed to a 2.

Park opened at 8, so we were at bus stop about 620...ended up being in the front few rows of 7dmt rope drop and basically walked on; then went to peter pan - less than 5 min wait, Splash walk on, Thunder walk on, Winnie Pooh 5 min., Tea Cups walk on, Haunted Mansion 10 mins., Pirates walk on, ppl. mover 7 mins., break for waffles, Dumbo as a walk on cars - about 15 min wait, Laugh Floor 20 min wait (this didn't open til noon today...is that the new normal?)

We then went bacl for swim and break and headed to Epcot around 315...walked onto Spaceship Earth, Shorts and waited less than 5 mins for Soarin.

Then went back to MK to eat at Plaza (this used to be a favorite, but since they changed their menu, I can't really find anything I like, so this is off our list for now,) and stayed out of the rain. We then rode Astro Orbitor- rain had just cleared and we were zble to ride with little wait. Then did ppl mover (10 min wait) ...We then found a spot at the dessert party area to watch HEA - saw a blogger drop his phone over the ledge during the fireworks...he was lucky and it landed in a planter instead of water. A cm was able to retrieve it for him.

Today was like night and day at MK compared to Wed.

Buses have been pretty good, especially at MK at closing.

Food has not been great...the lack of variety is the biggest issue - and it's a big one for us, although some of the things we've gotten also just haven't been great.

I'll try to update more after I sleep lol.

Last edited:

We just had brunch at Topolinos on Aug 9 and it took us a little over an hour for the meal. We also went to both breakfast and dinner at Topolinos back in June, and I felt safest at Topolinos than at any other restaurants at WDW. The only place where it felt crowded was while we were waiting for our table, but the tables were pretty far apart once we got inside the restaurant.

Well our flight that was supposed to land at 6:30pm landed at 12:45am. There are no taxis or ride shares available at this hour, so sitting on a fully packed DME right now. Looks like we’re gonna hit every hotel on the way in.

future tip: do NOT travel on friday the 13th 😭

Good morning all!! Rope dropping MK today and will keep you all updated on the waits and rides! So far we are the only people on the bus from YC so that’s pretty awesome :) also, just an update. As someone religiously taking sanitizer prob 10-15 times per day, I’ve been here since Wednesday and have not found a single one empty. Mask compliance has been very solid and cast members have been great about reminding people. Also, all cast members have been wonderful thus far! Hoping today is a good morning at MK :)

After being stopped every single time I entered a park and being told each and every time that I needed to remove my eyeglass case and camera (had already done that), I had enough. When re-entering Epcot at a very quiet time and being screened again, I had the security guard remove everything "suspect" from my Baggallini and left the items with him and my husband. I walked through the scanner again and yep--it went off.

We then removed everything from the bag--ding, ding, ding--went off again. No one has an answer why this bag (pictured in my avatar) continues to sound the alarm. They say that it is my chest area raising the machine hackles. The bag has a zipper in the crossover portion of the strap which would be in that area. There are also heavy metal rings that allow for adjustment. Security said no, that wouldn't cause it--no resolution for me unless I ditch my favorite park bag ever!

I have resigned myself to additional screening and listening to the same spiel each and every time--"it is your eyeglass case" or "it is your camera"--I gave up removing them because it makes no difference. :confused3
Could it be your bra underwire? I’ve had that trip the machines at the airport, resulting in very invasive searches.

Well our flight that was supposed to land at 6:30pm landed at 12:45am. There are no taxis or ride shares available at this hour, so sitting on a fully packed DME right now. Looks like we’re gonna hit every hotel on the way in.

future tip: do NOT travel on friday the 13th 😭
We discovered this to be one of the real negatives of a late arrival. Sorry you had to deal with this. So hard when it’s so late.

I am curious if people are noticing more people driving iso Disney Transportation? We have changed our touring style to include driving to parks iso of Disney buses due to the Covid situation. I’m just wondering if others have had the same idea - and therefore more car lines.. I am just wondering if its a commute style hell driving in for rope drop?? Just had a strategy... Eat breakfast in the car to save morning time lol.....

I was also just thinking when we go the week of the 23rd schools are back locally so I would hope that they would be less local traffic and those people usually drive.

Last edited:
In MK today this morning, opening is 8am. At 7:45 they were still holding people at the tapstiles and the crowd was very small. They let us in shortly after. The scrim is completely down on the front of the train station.597073

By 9am my group did Space Mountain, Peter Pan, the carousel and Big Thunder. On our way to Splash next. 597072

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter