May I ask why you closed and reopened the app?
The close/reopen method was the most reliable way before the covid shutdown to get the join buttons to work properly. Post shutdown, it doesn’t seem to matter as much, but can help if you just force close all apps to remove the clutter, which can slow the phone a bit, then restart the mde app.

Do you mean completely log out of the app and then log back in? Or just a simple getting out of the app?
Not login out just force closing all apps on your phone and then owning just mde
The best method to get a bg is explained on post 1 of the bg thread in the SWGE subforum. Let's please keep this thread on topic

At HS. We ate breakfast at Ale & Compass. Our ADR was at 7:35, but we got there at 7:25 and were seated. Left at 8:15. Breakfast was the best we have ever had at Disney, but service was a little slow when we were in a hurry lol. Walked over to HS. Probably 30 - 50 people ahead of us already. They let us go to temp scan at 9 or a little after. There are about 40 people in line in front of us for MMRR. Ubering would have been smart too if they didn't have to go through parking. It looked like 1 family did that the way they entered the temp check line. Would have definitely been less hot. Happy we chose to walk instead of Skyliner from CBR though.

Thursday (yesterday) AK Report:

Summary: a nice day, good weather, only two long lines, and saw everything by 3:30pm. It seems that Thursday is a good day to visit Animal Kingdom.

Total miles walked according to my phone: 10.5

Checked out of the Polynesian at 8:25 and drove to the AK Parking Lot gates. They were holding all cars at the parking entrance. We started to move at around 8:40. There was then another traffic jam just getting to a parking spot. They seemed to have only 2 guys working in the lot! I was parked on the far, far side of the lot with a long hike to the entrance. Parked, past security and temp check and in the gate by 9:05.

I had a touring plan from you know who in hand, but immediately tossed it because I wanted to see the FOP ride but the line stretched all the way to Harambe Theatre, at just after 9:00. So I continued on to the Safari, which did have a delay but when it ran it was good. Many animals were out, and the male lion was roaring. I then made a big backtrack, picking up coffee and a cheese Danish at Creature Comforts and went to ride Dinosaur. No wait, and for some reason I really like that ride. There was a Goofy/Chip/Dale boat going past as I crossed to Asia. Next I went to Everest. No wait, but I never need to ride it again. My bag somehow came flying out of the train storage pocket and I rode half the ride trying to keep my gear from exiting the train car.

Next stop was Kali River Rapids. There was a delay for raft cleaning, but I was done and soaked (!) by about 10:40. I then did the Asian Jungle Trek followed by the African Trail, and placed a mobile lunch order for just after noon for Flame Tree. This involved another big backtrack to the far side of Discovery Island. Lunch was ribs and onion rings. It was enough for two people. Plenty of seating at the tables behind Flame Tree. I did not try for a river view.

Next was It's Tough to be a Bug! On the way over I observed a YouTube vlogger taping his evaluation of a Disney cupcake. I thought about photobombing him, but didn't. The Bug attraction also had a longer wait that I would have expected, I think it was another cleaning cycle.

Now finally time to see FOP. It was down to a 35 minute wait, and that's about what it took. It's an excellent ride! Last on the list was the Navi River ride. It listed a 40 minute wait, and it was a long line, half of it in the sun. This ride didn't wow me, but I rewarded myself for standing in the sun so long with an ice cream sundae from Dino Bites snack bar. Then it was time to head to the parking lot, and the airport.

The airport is very quiet, no TSA line at all, and my flight home had 30 passengers.

Now finally time to see FOP. It was down to a 35 minute wait, and that's about what it took. It's an excellent ride! Last on the list was the Navi River ride. It listed a 40 minute wait, and it was a long line, half of it in the sun. This ride didn't wow me, but I rewarded myself for standing in the sun so long with an ice cream sundae from Dino Bites snack bar. Then it was time to head to the parking lot, and the airport.

Is it normal for it to drop down like that later in the day sometimes, or was that a fluke? We are going next month and I'm trying to decide what to do. We will have a rental car so will have to park. Should try to hit FOP first (since this may be my only WDW trip and it's an absolute must-do) or would it maybe be better to wait until later in the day? How is its line to wait in during the hot afternoon right now?

Also, random question, but does anyone know if I can call into dining and modify my reservation from 1 to 2 people at a few places? I was just going to fly in and do a solo trip, but now I have a friend traveling with me. I would assume so, since any table that can seat 1 could also seat 2?

Is rider swap still 1+2 or can you get more companions joining you since many vehicles are based on the a single party and not size?
We were there in August. Needed rider switch for RNR. Same procedure as before, they load it on the magic band before the first ride. I rode first with our three other kids standing in line then when we came out my husband went in fast pass lane. Just as before the Policy states only the rider waiting with the too small child plus 2 guests. Since we had three kids (not including the too short rider) I simply asked if all three could ride again with their father since the way RNR is set up they would sit two and two anyway and they were not going to be putting a single rider in that other seat as they would have before. But, the CM gave us a hard no and said only two kids plus Dad so we had to pick two to ride again with dad and the seat remained empty,

Is it normal for it to drop down like that later in the day sometimes, or was that a fluke? We are going next month and I'm trying to decide what to do. We will have a rental car so will have to park. Should try to hit FOP first (since this may be my only WDW trip and it's an absolute must-do) or would it maybe be better to wait until later in the day? How is its line to wait in during the hot afternoon right now?

Also, random question, but does anyone know if I can call into dining and modify my reservation from 1 to 2 people at a few places? I was just going to fly in and do a solo trip, but now I have a friend traveling with me. I would assume so, since any table that can seat 1 could also seat 2?

I don't know if it's typical of FOP lines or not. You can watch the lines daily on MDE and see how they behave. Weekdays would definitely be better than weekends.

The sun will only get less strong from now until December 21, and while I was complaining about it, it's not that bad on an otherwise mid-80s, dry day. By the time I rode, the FOP queue was mostly under shade.

About dining, why not call WDW Dining and ask them? They use the same tables for 1, 2, 3, or 4 people in my experience (single dining, LTT, Sanaa, and GF Cafe). It seemed like for my trip it would have been easier to score a reservation as a group of 2, not 1.

Won’t be a problem. You probably don’t even have to call. I have always been seated at a two topper when I’m solo.

Thursday September 10th we waited in at the parking gate with plenty of cars in front of us, parked went through temp check wife got stopped for bag check like she did every single day and then went to FOP. i don't really know what time it was but the line was about 20 minutes. Later in the day we went back and rode 2 more times with very little wait other than the long walk through the queue.

Summary: a nice day, good weather, only two long lines, and saw everything by 3:30pm. It seems that Thursday is a good day to visit Animal Kingdom.

Total miles walked according to my phone: 10.5

Checked out of the Polynesian at 8:25 and drove to the AK Parking Lot gates. They were holding all cars at the parking entrance. We started to move at around 8:40. There was then another traffic jam just getting to a parking spot. They seemed to have only 2 guys working in the lot! I was parked on the far, far side of the lot with a long hike to the entrance. Parked, past security and temp check and in the gate by 9:05.

I had a touring plan from you know who in hand, but immediately tossed it because I wanted to see the FOP ride but the line stretched all the way to Harambe Theatre, at just after 9:00. So I continued on to the Safari, which did have a delay but when it ran it was good. Many animals were out, and the male lion was roaring. I then made a big backtrack, picking up coffee and a cheese Danish at Creature Comforts and went to ride Dinosaur. No wait, and for some reason I really like that ride. There was a Goofy/Chip/Dale boat going past as I crossed to Asia. Next I went to Everest. No wait, but I never need to ride it again. My bag somehow came flying out of the train storage pocket and I rode half the ride trying to keep my gear from exiting the train car.

Next stop was Kali River Rapids. There was a delay for raft cleaning, but I was done and soaked (!) by about 10:40. I then did the Asian Jungle Trek followed by the African Trail, and placed a mobile lunch order for just after noon for Flame Tree. This involved another big backtrack to the far side of Discovery Island. Lunch was ribs and onion rings. It was enough for two people. Plenty of seating at the tables behind Flame Tree. I did not try for a river view.

Next was It's Tough to be a Bug! On the way over I observed a YouTube vlogger taping his evaluation of a Disney cupcake. I thought about photobombing him, but didn't. The Bug attraction also had a longer wait that I would have expected, I think it was another cleaning cycle.

The airport is very quiet, no TSA line at all, and my flight home had 30 passengers.

When you say "soaked" on Kali do you mean they're squirting the water again or just the splashing from the ride itself. I remember reading that people weren't getting wet anymore.

Sounds like you had a great last day! Safe travels home.

I’ve read about some people ordering from the boardwalk bakery to get to HS early. I’ve never done this, but would like to try. So I would put in an order maybe around 8, take a Lyft over and they’d let us in with a mobile order? Then we can walk to HS?

I’ve read about some people ordering from the boardwalk bakery to get to HS early. I’ve never done this, but would like to try. So I would put in an order maybe around 8, take a Lyft over and they’d let us in with a mobile order? Then we can walk to HS?
Some are reporting that you can do this, or you can take the uber/lyft to the Speedway gas station and walk over and then you don't have to worry about not being let in/having to buy something.

Some are reporting that you can do this, or you can take the uber/lyft to the Speedway gas station and walk over and then you don't have to worry about not being let in/having to buy something.

This is exactly our plan.

I guess I don't understand why you need to go through a different route instead of the main way in. We're staying at the Swan and seeing everyone coming in this way worries me that we may need to leave earlier than planned because of this. Not being snarky, just honestly don't understand the draw when the parks aren't letting people line up anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter